Byron Murphy. Looks like another Kevin Minter no?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim draftee is stinking the joint and making his contributions for a failed season.

And..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk
Murphy will be fine. You people crack me up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
he looks better than peterson. Tackles way better too.
Because that is the primary function of a CB. I get that Peterson is disengaged, but let's not pretend like CBs get paid to tackle. It is a bonus, not a driving trait.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
W
Because that is the primary function of a CB. I get that Peterson is disengaged, but let's not pretend like CBs get paid to tackle. It is a bonus, not a driving trait.
hat does that have to do with the price of tea in China? I dont care if people think tackling is a key feature to a CB. I simply said he is way more aggressive on defense when it comes to tackling and doing his job. At the same time, their cover skills appear very similar right now. I'm not going to defend petersons bum tackling and also not credit murphy for sticking his nose in everything he can. I prefer to just praise murphy for doing it.

at this point they seem to have similar cover skills but murphy actually tackes. Ill take that all day.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it stays at 6-25-1, it is the worst record for two seasons in 70 years for the Cardinals. Other than that everything if fine @cardsfanmd

And yet Steve Keim plans to turnaround the franchise.

"Certainly we will have a better opportunity to be aggressive," he said. "I feel like we have a number of pieces on offense moving forward, young players that are our core ...

"We're going to have a lot of fun this offseason putting this thing together and building around the core pieces we already have in place."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-steve-keim-addresses-future-team/4357754002/

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you've won 6 games in two seasons of football people start to get a little frustrated.
Which I totally get. Frustration doesn’t automatically evoke ignorance, stupidity or mass hysteria though. We have this thing called free will...

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Code:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kyler - 29.9<br>Kirk - 72.1<br>Peterson - 66.7<br>Murphy - 34.3</p>&mdash; PFF ARZ Cardinals (@PFF_Cardinals) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Cardinals/status/1204134682796941313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of pick at the time.

I have no issue with Byron Murphy.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If he was drafted top 5 (like the grade Keim had on him) I'd be very concerned.

Top of the 2nd round I'm just mildly concerned. Although it doesn't help that AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel look like the dynamic wrs we needed.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he was drafted top 5 (like the grade Keim had on him) I'd be very concerned.

Top of the 2nd round I'm just mildly concerned. Although it doesn't help that AJ Brown and Deebo Samuel look like the dynamic wrs we needed.
Top of the second round means they need to be a starter in year 2 and be the core of team. I don't think Murphy has the talent. Will be happy to be proven wrong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Top of the second round means they need to be a starter in year 2 and be the core of team. I don't think Murphy has the talent. Will be happy to be proven wrong.

I think Murphy is better than Alford right now...that is a pretty good sign.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, like the guy across from him.
Could be a down year for Pat. Xavier Rhodes, Joe Haden, Janoris, Slay, Darby etc all went through the same

Sherman was getting torn up on his board non stop but now is back to a pro bowl form.

Only thing I can’t defend is his tackling. But it’s not Jalen Ramsey bad with no effort so whatever. We’ll see.

Last edited:

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score

I agree. I didn’t understand the hype. He’s a small cover corner that doesn’t have the athleticism to help make up for his lack of size.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
[QUOTE="NittanyCard, post: 4106608, member: 11771Only thing I can’t defend is his tackling. But it’s not Jalen Ramsey bad with no effort so whatever. We’ll see.[/QUOTE]
Uh yeah it is Ramsey bad.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
W

hat does that have to do with the price of tea in China? I dont care if people think tackling is a key feature to a CB. I simply said he is way more aggressive on defense when it comes to tackling and doing his job. At the same time, their cover skills appear very similar right now. I'm not going to defend petersons bum tackling and also not credit murphy for sticking his nose in everything he can. I prefer to just praise murphy for doing it.

at this point they seem to have similar cover skills but murphy actually tackes. Ill take that all day.
It is said that CB's aren't paid to tackle, every player on a defense should tackle or else they should find another position to play? Like move to offense lol. I do like the fact Murphy tackles & sticks his nose in on every play he can. He does need to work on his coverage skills. PP should be absolutely embarrassed by not tackling Washington (I believe it was) he just stood there, let him reverse field & run all the way into the red zone before being run out of bounds. 30 yd gain or something like that.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He’s fine. Many worse players on the field.
Why am I agreeing with K9 so much lately. But he’s right.

I think he’s been fine as a rookie.

Ripping on Isabella is fine, he’s a wasted pick and even more so when you see guys that could’ve been had.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave