The Larry Fitzgerald Poll

Do you want Fitz back?

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t matter how the poll ends.. Just shows people think with their hearts and not their heads and the teams best interest moving forward in mind...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me the move would have been trade Larry to the Pats. He could get a SB ring. Don't even know if that was possible mid season. He would get his #s. Cards would get some token compensation and $$$$ relief.

I don't know if that was doable.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me the move would have been trade Larry to the Pats. He could get a SB ring. Don't even know if that was possible mid season. He would get his #s. Cards would get some token compensation and $$$$ relief.

No reason it wouldn’t be doable...

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No reason it wouldn’t be doable...
Because he himself, Larry Fitzgerald, does not want to be traded anywhere else.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let him test the market. See what he gets and give him the ability to go to a contender and give him a $6-8 mil offer on the table while he is testing the market

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NFL is a business and the players understand that.

I simply can't fathom Fitz in a different uniform but if that's what he wants for the chance of a ring I could understand that.

What I want is Fitz on this team next year and for him to eventually retire as a Cardinal. He is still contributing and brings sooooooooooo much to the table that 11 millions is very much worth it.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like what?

He is the face of the franchise and gets so much positive pub for the Cards.

He is a leader and gives any teammate who wants to learn how to be great player the example every day in practice

He brings a positive and fun energy all the time. Like his sneak tackle attacks on teammates and celebrities.

Every time he makes a big play the entire stadium erupts at a level.

Honey Badger, Patrick Peterson, David Johnson, David Boston, Anquan Boldin were all players who were not only fantastic players but considered "face of the franchise" type players and all have lost that luster.

Fitz has held that position forever and will only relinquish it when he retires.

You may be right that I'm thinking with my heart more than my head but Fitz is the only constant thing that makes me smile during Cards games in recent years.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He is a leader and gives any teammate who wants to learn how to be great player the example every day in practice

He brings a positive and fun energy all the time. Like his sneak tackle attacks on teammates and celebrities.

Honey Badger, Patrick Peterson, David Johnson, David Boston, Anquan Boldin were all players who were not only fantastic players but considered "face of the franchise" type players and all have lost that luster.

Fitz has held that position forever and will only relinquish it when he retires.

You may be right that I'm thinking with my heart more than my head but Fitz is the only constant thing that makes me smile during Cards games in recent years.

lol All things that are completely overrated... Where has his leadership taken the team in the last 3 years? Do tell? Based on his production this year in a pass heavy offense you aren't smiling a whole lot honestly.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let him test the market. See what he gets and give him the ability to go to a contender and give him a $6-8 mil offer on the table while he is testing the market
That's the true test.

I agree that it would be a PR negative though. Then again, proper team management means wins and that's the best PR

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the true test.

I agree that it would be a PR negative though. Then again, proper team management means wins and that's the best PR

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

wins is all that matters

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Not mention he is arguably the most respected player in the NFL. Even fans of all the other team love Fitz. Given all that, he deserves every penny of it.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would you rather have Larry at 11 million or use that as part of the money you could use on a big time offensive lineman

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not mention he is arguably the most respected player in the NFL. Even fans of all the other team lose Fitz. Given all that, he deserves every penny of it.

lol

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
lol All things that are completely overrated... Where has his leadership taken the team in the last 3 years? Do tell? Based on his production this year in a pass heavy offense you aren't smiling a whole lot honestly.
lol so his leadership is supposed to somehow offset the horrendous roster that Kiem has built? Where his leadership can help is helping these young receivers develop. That might be even more valuable if we draft a stud WR in the first couple rounds of next years draft.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Even though he’s rapidly declining I’d feel a lot better about the passing game next year with him out there. I don’t care what the metrics say. Some guys just make you better on and off the field.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol so his leadership is supposed to somehow offset the horrendous roster that Kiem has built? Where his leadership can help is helping these young receivers develop. That might be even more valuable if we draft a stud WR in the first couple rounds of next years draft.
How did his mentoring and leadership help Michael Floyd? Get back to me on that?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How did his mentoring and leadership help Michael Floyd? Get back to me on that?

Shane, am I tripping or what at this? Although Floyd wound up crashing and burning himself, you know for facts Larry challenged his ass to practice better, and put in the necessary work. Once he got on board he was easily a few steps behind Quan as the best WR to ever play opposite Fitz. Mind you, this speaks to him strictly as a football player. MF had demons that no teammate of his should have been a part of, however Fitz was visibly affected when Mike was let go. He cared about the man genuinely. I never looked at Larry as this awesome mentor type, but he has always led by example, and has made himself available to those who want to be the best version of themselves they can be. The talent level may not have always been there (and a lot of that falls on Keim) but I recall hearing nothing but amazing things said by the receivers who have played along side # 11 since he's been with us. My point is that mentoring and leadership is subjective, but I'll be damned if I haven't considered him a leader on this team from day 1. I just don't see how someone could see differently in that regard.