15 thoughts - Steelers game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – Ducked by Duck.

I am sorry. I’ll let myself out.

2 – The offensive line has not been destroyed this much all season – not even by Aaron Donald.

3 – Yay, they went over a 100 penalties for the season! Big congratulation, Arizona Cardinals!

4 – Every game I am anxious until Fitzgerald has a catch. Almost every play I am thinking “throw it to him! Throw it to him!” I really don’t want his streak of games with a catch to end before he goes out at some point.

5 – Where were the Steelers’ tight end?

6 – High tempo and rhythm – then this offense is very dangerous.

7 – It really annoys me when the opponent has the last possession in the second quarter and then gets the ball first in the third. The snake possessions.

8 – The defense played really physical, and yes, sometimes they went too far, but I just like it when they kind of overwhelm the opponent in physicality.

9 – Other than their kick six, really good game by the special teams!

10 – Defensive tackle Miles Brown looked good. Granted, the expectations were pretty low, and he didn’t exactly look like Warren Sapp, but still…

11 – Tanner Vallejo. Where did he come from? Practice squad to best inside linebacker not named Jordan Hicks? Okay, it wouldn’t be that hard, but still…

12 – Sometimes Christian Kirk has these really impressive games. Imagine if Fitzgerald continues to play, and the Cards get a bonafide #1 receiver.

13 – In three of the last four games (excluding the Rams game) they have used cornerback Kevin Peterson surprisingly much – 44% of the snaps, 58% and 74% - compared to how often I have noticed him. That is usually a good sign for a defensive back.

14 – I wonder if Kyler Murray’s hamstring is hurting him despite everyone claiming it is not. He doesn’t scramble around as well as he used to. I guess they are about at the point where rookies has never played so much games in a season before (I don’t know if that point is now), so maybe it is just therefore he looks a little different.

15 – The Cards are long out of the Playoffs, the Steelers are right in it, Steelers fan travel well, big deal? Some Cards fan has earned important money from this. Good for them! Put a better product on the field, Michael, and you don’t have to worry about this.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
11 – Tanner Vallejo. Where did he come from? Practice squad to best inside linebacker not named Jordan Hicks? Okay, it wouldn’t be that hard, but still…

I remember Billy Davis talking when he was the DC of the Eagles, they moved a safety to CB, or vice versa, for three games - but he was terrible the first game (and the next two). In an interview, he talked about moving the player and realizing it didn't work, and I thought "That is why you are not an NFL coach, you should have seen that in practice or the first game and addressed it."

No clue if there is a correlation here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1 – Ducked by Duck.

I am sorry. I’ll let myself out.

2 – The offensive line has not been destroyed this much all season – not even by Aaron Donald.

3 – Yay, they went over a 100 penalties for the season! Big congratulation, Arizona Cardinals!

4 – Every game I am anxious until Fitzgerald has a catch. Almost every play I am thinking “throw it to him! Throw it to him!” I really don’t want his streak of games with a catch to end before he goes out at some point.

5 – Where were the Steelers’ tight end?

6 – High tempo and rhythm – then this offense is very dangerous.

7 – It really annoys me when the opponent has the last possession in the second quarter and then gets the ball first in the third. The snake possessions.

8 – The defense played really physical, and yes, sometimes they went too far, but I just like it when they kind of overwhelm the opponent in physicality.

9 – Other than their kick six, really good game by the special teams!

10 – Defensive tackle Miles Brown looked good. Granted, the expectations were pretty low, and he didn’t exactly look like Warren Sapp, but still…

12 – Sometimes Christian Kirk has these really impressive games. Imagine if Fitzgerald continues to play, and the Cards get a bonafide #1 receiver.

13 – In three of the last four games (excluding the Rams game) they have used cornerback Kevin Peterson surprisingly much – 44% of the snaps, 58% and 74% - compared to how often I have noticed him. That is usually a good sign for a defensive back.

14 – I wonder if Kyler Murray’s hamstring is hurting him despite everyone claiming it is not. He doesn’t scramble around as well as he used to. I guess they are about at the point where rookies has never played so much games in a season before (I don’t know if that point is now), so maybe it is just therefore he looks a little different.

15 – The Cards are long out of the Playoffs, the Steelers are right in it, Steelers fan travel well, big deal? Some Cards fan has earned important money from this. Good for them! Put a better product on the field, Michael, and you don’t have to worry about this.
5. Their TE got hurt & left the game. 2-3 quarter maybe? Guess they had no backup TE, 4th-5th string TE's always torch us.

8. Defense played physical yes, but I think they just missed another tackle lol? PP should be ashamed of himself for the one he refused to make, he was right there, dude just went the other way (reversed field) & burnt us for 40+ yards or more. Marsh missed a big one also.

11. Vallejo made play after play in the preseason, even against other teams starters. I was upset when they released him. I hope we keep him now?

14. I think his hamstring is still an issue & will be for the last 3 games. He looks a little slow now compared to before our bye week.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I remember Billy Davis talking when he was the DC of the Eagles, they moved a safety to CB, or vice versa, for three games - but he was terrible the first game (and the next two). In an interview, he talked about moving the player and realizing it didn't work, and I thought "That is why you are not an NFL coach, you should have seen that in practice or the first game and addressed it."

No clue if there is a correlation here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

That is a good point, Bartmann! Self-scouting is an extremely important thing. Don’t know if that was the problem here. Sometimes every team just miss on players.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#11. This pisses me off. Cards raved when we got TV on waivers. Six other teams wanted him...yada yada yada. Then we cut him only to bring him back. He then has a bigger impact in one game than a couple of our bums have in the entire season.

So who makes these kind of decisions? It would appear to be a bad decision to to cut him in the first place.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
#11. This pisses me off. Cards raved when we got TV on waivers. Six other teams wanted him...yada yada yada. Then we cut him only to bring him back. He then has a bigger impact in one game than a couple of our bums have in the entire season.

So who makes these kind of decisions? It would appear to be a bad decision to to cut him in the first place.

#KeimTime

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I was pissed off when they cut him in preseason. He seemed to be the only player on defense making plays. The game against the Chargers, it seemed like he was in on every single tackle there for a while. Wore #47 in preseason I believe?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose