What to do at RB in 2020?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We would have to draft Swift in the 2nd round. CEH, still a day 2 pick probably. No thanks.

There’s still going to be solid RBs on Day 3 though.
getting Swift would be awesome but having to do so in the 2nd rd would eliminate a player at a more needy position imo.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the problem with RB is on the coaching staff/system and not the actual player. This system does not utilize the RB to their fullest ability. I don’t think it makes sense to pay high dollar for any RB in this system. Better off drafting a back and keeping Edmonds

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Najee Harris would be a good scheme fit.

However, I don't think we can truly judge these rbs until we upgrade at center and guard.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Najee Harris would be a good scheme fit.

However, I don't think we can truly judge these rbs until we upgrade at center and guard.
I agree, and would spend FA dollars on oline. If a good rb falls to the 5th round then fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
We need to get DJ back on track in the last 3 games of the season. I thought he played a lot better with limited snaps vs the Steelers. He could be huge in this offense with his hands. Feed him the rock and let's see.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This has to be a trenches draft. Maybe one or two will be WR or LBer but we have to upgrade our lines. Desperately.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
From a FA standpoint Derrick Henry, Jordan Howard, Melvin Gordon, and Matt Brieda are the top UFAs that will be available in 2020 although Breida and Howard seem somewhat injury prone and I don't see Tenn. letting Henry walk so Gordon is the only top tier RB. Ekeler is a RFA so San Diego can always match any offer. After that it's a who's who of rotational guys and backups who don't offer much more than whats already on the roster.
Howard is not a bad option if Drake wants too much money. What is important is that we do not enter the season with DJ and Chase as our two best options.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Guys, how long does it take some people to learn the lesson: RUNNING BACKS DON'T MATTER.

In David Johnson's career season, he had an offensive line made up of Veldeheer - Iupati - Shipley - Watford - Humphries.

The Cards should invest 0 new dollars in the RB corps. We have fine pro players. Our offensive line isn't good enough, they need to get better. It's fun to look at running backs make cool plays and imagine them on your team, I agree. But if you want an effective, efficient running game to help you win football games, invest in your offensive line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Guys, how long does it take some people to learn the lesson: RUNNING BACKS DON'T MATTER.

In David Johnson's career season, he had an offensive line made up of Veldeheer - Iupati - Shipley - Watford - Humphries.

The Cards should invest 0 new dollars in the RB corps. We have fine pro players. Our offensive line isn't good enough, they need to get better. It's fun to look at running backs make cool plays and imagine them on your team, I agree. But if you want an effective, efficient running game to help you win football games, invest in your offensive line.

RBs dont matter until they do.

Invest post 2nd round picks. Move on after a few years.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have too many other needs to draft an RB. Figure out a way to keep all 3. I would literally prefer we draft just about any other position, excluding kicker.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You bring up some good points

Is it just me or does DJ look and now sound EXACTLY like Beanie Wells...talking about haters while on the field having done nothing

Cardinals can't trade Beanie 2.0 because his contract is WAY too big for any team to touch. If Beanie would redo his deal (which he won't) they'd drop him in a heart beat...and I'm not even talking trade for a 7th...they'd cut him if they could...but thanks to Keim and his great wisdom of signing players who have major injuries AND another year on their contract to the biggest deals in history at their positions. Badger and DJ

What they do is TRY to get Drake lined up and unfortunately let Edmonds hit the market and HOPE they can resign him.....which is very unlikely....especially if they drop $11 million of the cap on Fitzgerald (which is beyond ridiculous to spend that much on a seldom used WR)

Ideally they have Drake, Edmonds and Beanie 2.0 (whom they can't cut) for RB next year

The biggest issue is the O line - They MUST replace Shipley with an actual center, pray that Marcus Gilbert isn't just fleecing the team and he can actually play, figure out what in the world to do a LT - DJ is Free Agent - and there is NO WAY Keim is stupid enough to franchise tag him...that'd be $18 million plus

Drake is the future at RB with Edmonds - Beanie is the dead man (whom is very rich) walking.

Take care of Drake and the O line as the first priorities then consider Edmonds.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think Eno came out early, because he got feedback that he'd be a late round pick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The info guys are wrong so many more times than they were right. Last year there were over 45 under classmen who went undrafted even though they were told they'd go in the 3rd or 4th round. They couldn't go back to their colleges and the odds of making an NFL roster as an undrafted rook are slim and none.

A few things I'd tell any one coming out of college to play in the pro's

1- getting drafted doesn't mean nada ....it's time to get to work and see if you can even play at this level.

2- if you're an underclassman - stay unless you're a top 10 pick

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The info guys are wrong so many more times than they were right. Last year there were over 45 under classmen who went undrafted even though they were told they'd go in the 3rd or 4th round. They couldn't go back to their colleges and the odds of making an NFL roster as an undrafted rook are slim and none.

A few things I'd tell any one coming out of college to play in the pro's

1- getting drafted doesn't mean nada ....it's time to get to work and see if you can even play at this level.

2- if you're an underclassman - stay unless you're a top 10 pick
This is where the NFL is lacking, IMO. You see the same thing in NBA and other sports, but their low draft picks have development league options...NFL has practice squad, but those guys aren't really getting reps to develop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson