Would you trade Patrick Peterson for OBJ in the offseason?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I love OBJ's talent. One of my favorite players to watch. I don't think Peterson wants to be here. I think OBJ would hate being here.

So, while I'd say yes as a fan of the player, I say no from a smart football perspective.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love OBJ's talent. One of my favorite players to watch. I don't think Peterson wants to be here. I think OBJ would hate being here.

So, while I'd say yes as a fan of the player, I say no from a smart football perspective.
Wow, I actually agree with you again.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Could you imagine an already overwhelmed first year coach (KK) going into a second season with his defensive coordinator being fired (Joseph) and having to deal with a complete lunatic wide receiver. Our receivers aren’t great but at least they are character guys

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I thought KMs downfall is poor line play. Let’s trade for a pouty receiver. Makes sense.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
So-o- We trade a problem at CB (where we are short talent) for an even bigger problem at WR (where we are deep in young talent).

I'd pass.
Well we're deep in young WRs.. the talent part remains to be seen lol

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
It's not going to happen. OBJ is three years younger than Peterson. Neither of them seem to be happy with the rebuilding process. I think OBJ would like being in Cleveland if he was putting up big numbers and adding to his brand. His magic has taken a big hit this year with just two touchdowns. But he's still a much bigger marquee name than an ageing cornerback who hasn't shown this year that he's still the same guy he used to be. So I don't see what's in it for Cleveland. But it might be great for the Cardinals to give KM a legitimate #1receiver. So a player for a player trade doesn't make much sense unless the Cardinals are willing to throw in at least a 4th or 5th round draft pick or higher. Would OBJ believe that KM can help him pile up stats? And would PP believe that he is going from a losing team to a winning franchise? It's fun to talk about but seems like there are too many question marks for such a deal to make sense. Both players are reportedly saying they want to be in different situations, but it doesn't seem like this trade would be what they have in mind.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought KMs downfall is poor line play. Let’s trade for a pouty receiver. Makes sense.
You have to be creative if you want to fix as many holes as our roster has. I hear that Murray needs a top WR, a top OT, a better C, another rush OLB, a pressure DL, better ILBs, another CB because we want to trade Peterson, and an upgrade at FS.

We only have one 1st round pick, and FA is a great place to overpay for average talent. What are the other options?

We take a WR, Murray keeps getting flustered under pressure, and it is that we should have added linemen.

We add linemen, Murray struggles to find open WRs, and it is we should have added a top WR.

We upgrade the defense at CB, S, OLB or DT, and Murray struggles, and it is we didn't give him enough talent.

At some point we need to figure more creative ways to add talent fast.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Both players seem to want out.

Both players have issues.

Both are about(ish) the same age.

Both have a similar cap hit (close)

###

Who is making this deal?
Why screw up this team any more than it already is.OBJ is a ME player.PP is a PED player.Who needs another cornholio on the team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How in the world is Dallas paying for him?

Not quite sure. They are going to need to free up money for Cooper anyway. If Cooper doesn't re-sign there, I could see OBJ wanting to go to Dallas.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t understand the premise for this thread. If you want a highly talented wide receiver – that is a big problem waiting to happen as well – then just sign Antonio Brown off the street. Then you can also keep Patrick Peterson.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, please. Peterson only has 1 more year left on his deal; I'd sweeten it with a 3rd round pick.

I told my friend this exactly yesterday. OBJ alone could completely change the passing game on the outside and free up all our #2's and #3's to cause chaos in the seams.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t understand the premise for this thread. If you want a highly talented wide receiver – that is a big problem waiting to happen as well – then just sign Antonio Brown off the street. Then you can also keep Patrick Peterson.
You are talking sense

I think A. Brown has learned his lesson and he's gonna be signed for a popcorn fart next season. No one and I mean No one is gonna give him a big pay day like the Raiders and Pats offered. Did you know if he would have kept his mouth shut for just 3 more days in Oakland he'd have $25 million guaranteed.

The OP seems to be looking for a 1-for-1 player swap. In this case the talent of OBJ is worth the risk, but I don't think any team is high on PP anymore. His PED skin has shed and his new skin is bright and shiny.....and isn't a great CB anymore.

Cards problems start and end on the O and D line - and that's exactly what happens when you don't invest in the trenches year after year (Keim)

The Cardinals are NOT a year or two away from being competitive.....they're 6-7 years away, IF and I mean IF everything goes right.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think I am inclined to make the move. You can sell it to OBJ that you want to feature him, and you want to win right away. If things don't work out, we will move you in the offseason.

We just have so many needs, and this seems like an easy way to upgrade the WR corp. FA has a ton of CBs if we want to go that route to replace Peterson.

Our biggest issue may be in finding a FS. I am not sure Justin Simmons is going to make it to market.

I don't think that would be enough to get OBJ to bite on coming to Arizona. I believe he won't settle for anything less than a team with good to great chances of getting to the Super Bowl. He had a taste of a SB and I think he has a desire to get to another one and that is not on the near horizon in AZ. As for your comment on the FS position, I am completely in agreement with you, that is probably our biggest need on defense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't think that would be enough to get OBJ to bite on coming to Arizona. I believe he won't settle for anything less than a team with good to great chances of getting to the Super Bowl. He had a taste of a SB and I think he has a desire to get to another one and that is not on the near horizon in AZ. As for your comment on the FS position, I am completely in agreement with you, that is probably our biggest need on defense.

When do you think this happened? The Giants only had one playoff game when OBJ has been on the roster, a 38-15 loss in 2016's Wild Card round.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
When do you think this happened? The Giants only had one playoff game when OBJ has been on the roster, a 38-15 loss in 2016's Wild Card round.
My bad for some reason I thought he was on the Super Bowl team of the Gmen. Regardless I still don't see him ever signing with the Cardinals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My bad for some reason I thought he was on the Super Bowl team of the Gmen. Regardless I still don't see him ever signing with the Cardinals.

America in 2020: Foundation for argument collapses; still holds tight to argument.

Unpopular opinion: OBJ is actually a good teammate.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If there were no concerns about OBJ, he wouldn't be available. It is the same with Peterson. The differences between OBJ and Antonio Brown is that OBJ is not going through legal issues, and OBJ has not got run out of TWO reputable franchises.

I guess for me, I am ready to be all in. I don't believe there is a FA WR as talented as OBJ, and I do believe there are FA CBs who are more versatile than Peterson even if they are not as talented.

For example. You can sign Byron Jones, trade Peterson for OBJ, and still have money and draft picks for the offensive line and defensive front 7.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO way to OBJ! That last thing the Cardinals need are me first players when they are in complete rebuild mode with a roster full of young players.

I'd be open to trading PP in the offseason for a draft pick. It's becoming clear that PP doesn't want to be here and it makes no sense having him pretend to play for the Cardinals next year.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
NO way to OBJ! That last thing the Cardinals need are me first players when they are in complete rebuild mode with a roster full of young players.

I'd be open to trading PP in the offseason for a draft pick. It's becoming clear that PP doesn't want to be here and it makes no sense having him pretend to play for the Cardinals next year.
A draft pick isn't going to come in and give Murray a #1 passing target in 2020 and improve the chances both Murray and Kingsbury have jobs after the season. Best case scenario is that OBJ works out. Worst case scenario is that they trade him for a pick in the 2021 offseason. If the argument is OBJ OR a 1st round pick...it is debatable. If it is OBJ or a 2nd or 3rd...you take OBJ every day of the week.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
You are talking sense

I think A. Brown has learned his lesson and he's gonna be signed for a popcorn fart next season. No one and I mean No one is gonna give him a big pay day like the Raiders and Pats offered. Did you know if he would have kept his mouth shut for just 3 more days in Oakland he'd have $25 million guaranteed.

The OP seems to be looking for a 1-for-1 player swap. In this case the talent of OBJ is worth the risk, but I don't think any team is high on PP anymore. His PED skin has shed and his new skin is bright and shiny.....and isn't a great CB anymore.

Cards problems start and end on the O and D line - and that's exactly what happens when you don't invest in the trenches year after year (Keim)

The Cardinals are NOT a year or two away from being competitive.....they're 6-7 years away, IF and I mean IF everything goes right.

Wrong.

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-br...ne-else-for-downfall-in-tweets-173308109.html

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
America in 2020: Foundation for argument collapses; still holds tight to argument.

Unpopular opinion: OBJ is actually a good teammate.

Geez, K9 give it a break, I'm not arguing with anyone and certainly not you. I'm simply giving my opinion that I don't think Beckam will sign with the Cardinals because I think he will want to go to an immediate contender and where did I even hint that he's a bad teammate? I even admitted I made a mistake on the Super Bowl thing. The only one trying to create an argument here is you.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there were no concerns about OBJ, he wouldn't be available. It is the same with Peterson. The differences between OBJ and Antonio Brown is that OBJ is not going through legal issues, and OBJ has not got run out of TWO reputable franchises.

I guess for me, I am ready to be all in. I don't believe there is a FA WR as talented as OBJ, and I do believe there are FA CBs who are more versatile than Peterson even if they are not as talented.

For example. You can sign Byron Jones, trade Peterson for OBJ, and still have money and draft picks for the offensive line and defensive front 7.

from your mouth to gods ears.

perfect

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose