Team to players relationship cannot be like this

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That depends on if they're really individual cases, or if it's how it's being handled that is the stumbling block, which is what I kinda suspect here. Being told one thing, and actions going the other. Chris Johnson, fine, he's an older guy who shouldn't have expected much. But we'd already paid Honey Badger. John Brown didn't want to be here but given his production in Buffalo, it's very potentially realistic that we mismanaged his condition, then sent him to the doghouse for being sick. It's funny we don't mention the Josh Rosen thing, where the poor kid's future was strung along for months and the GM didn't even offer up a phone call when all was said and done.

I just have a feeling, for all of Keim's other flaws in personnel, that he doesn't do a great job of communicating with players.

Kliff has said in press conferences that we're going to get DJ involved, and then doesn't. It's the same thing. Nothing worse than being told one thing by leadership and then not having actions follow up.

Sure, yes, the money these players make should take some of the edge off, but if a guy like DJ really thinks he could be somewhere else playing for a team that uses him right, he has a right to be miffed that he's been benched. Now, if he's just not trying, that's another thing.
Here lies the problem. He isn’t running hard and I don’t know why.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also note: I'm probably a little biased. Not only have I worked for more organizations that are bad than they are good (even down to a particular company morale meeting saying "you should feel lucky you have jobs"), but I've had friends in the NFL who have been painfully mismanaged. My buddy's career tanked when they encouraged him to play through an injury knowing it could turn into a chronic problem without surgery, it did, and then after surgery when he came back, he couldn't get right and they cut him. He ended up suing. He made more money in four years than I have in the past 10, but still, I feel bad for him.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That depends on if they're really individual cases, or if it's how it's being handled that is the stumbling block, which is what I kinda suspect here. Being told one thing, and actions going the other. Chris Johnson, fine, he's an older guy who shouldn't have expected much. But we'd already paid Honey Badger. John Brown didn't want to be here but given his production in Buffalo, it's very potentially realistic that we mismanaged his condition, then sent him to the doghouse for being sick. It's funny we don't mention the Josh Rosen thing, where the poor kid's future was strung along for months and the GM didn't even offer up a phone call when all was said and done.

I just have a feeling, for all of Keim's other flaws in personnel, that he doesn't do a great job of communicating with players.

Kliff has said in press conferences that we're going to get DJ involved, and then doesn't. It's the same thing. Nothing worse than being told one thing by leadership and then not having actions follow up.

Sure, yes, the money these players make should take some of the edge off, but if a guy like DJ really thinks he could be somewhere else playing for a team that uses him right, he has a right to be miffed that he's been benched. Now, if he's just not trying, that's another thing.

Sickle cell gets worse in the heat.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sickle cell gets worse in the heat.
Sickle cell gets worse at altitude...and even though it's a desert, Phx is still a higher altitude than most other NFL cities. I even think it was Ryan Clark, or another Steeler that used to be held out of games in Denver, because of Sickle Cell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with his post, IMO. Could be interpreted as being hated by the Steelers or being doubted by his own team and their fans. Either way, he's going to fight on. I hope he does.

So do it on the field, popping off on Twitter, when you went from a top 3 RB, to a bottom feeder isn't gonna prove anything.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
2m

For those wondering, David Johnson said his tweet from Tuesday was a lyric from a Christian rapper. He said it came to mind when he saw the picture (on the tweet) of all the Steelers fans in the Cardinals’ home stadium, and the feeling he had Sunday with all the Pittsburgh fans.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For those wondering, David Johnson said his tweet from Tuesday was a lyric from a Christian rapper. He said it came to mind when he saw the picture (on the tweet) of all the Steelers fans in the Cardinals’ home stadium, and the feeling he had Sunday with all the Pittsburgh fans.

I am psychic, or have seen enough of DJ's social media to know that he isn't a protagonist.