Team to players relationship cannot be like this

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
John Brown to Chris Johnson to Honey Badger to P2 to now DJ.

This needs to stop.

Players are at fault too. But the team shares the blame too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This needs to stop.

What needs to stop? Star players declining in their careers or having circumstances that lead to them leaving?

P2 is upset about losing. That needs to stop.
DJ has not produced anything like what is being relief upon him for in years
Honey badger was oft injured and not the same player
John brown was oft injured and I fault the team not a hit for cutting bait and I love John brown. I'm glad he's staying healthier in cold weather.
Chris johnson? He just got outplayed and replaced.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we had a good run blocking Oline.... I think DJ could be really good. Especially with his ability as a pass catcher.

Drake's burst is needed behind the line.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
HB replied to his tweet, urging him to come to KC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, the Cardinals defense force on this board is strong lately. You realize players have to actually want to come to our team so we can improve, right? Does anyone remember the 90s and early 2000s when we where a trash organization who had to overpay guys to come here and barely give any effort?

When there is a consistent trend of players being offended and wanting out, it's time to look in the mirror and figure out why, not just call them crybabies and repeat how generous we're being. Reminds me of plenty of businesses these days outside of the football realm, where companies think since they're paying any wage at all, the employee should just suck it up and be appreciative.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He could also be talking about all the FF owners who are probably bad mouthing & trolling him or his wife on social media. Just sayin

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, the Cardinals defense force on this board is strong lately. You realize players have to actually want to come to our team so we can improve, right? Does anyone remember the 90s and early 2000s when we where a trash organization who had to overpay guys to come here and barely give any effort?

When there is a consistent trend of players being offended and wanting out, it's time to look in the mirror and figure out why, not just call them crybabies and repeat how generous we're being. Reminds me of plenty of businesses these days outside of the football realm, where companies think since they're paying any wage at all, the employee should just suck it up and be appreciative.
You were on a good streak, too.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

This needs to stop.

He needs to go back to remedial English class.

Dougmo

Veteran
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with his post, IMO. Could be interpreted as being hated by the Steelers or being doubted by his own team and their fans. Either way, he's going to fight on. I hope he does.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Its not like those guys are working for peanuts.They are paid quite well.Its not a profession with a long career but they are paid pretty damn good.There is a old saying about not crapping in your own bed.DJ is paid very well and he is producing nothing close to what he is paid.Cards took care of him and he has not done the same.i get damn tired of highly paid sports stars bitching about money,hurt feelings,etc; etc;.You signed the damn contract just **** and play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Well, he is not going anywhere so...we will have to figure it out.

To the OP - I do agree that I have hated to see some of the players we have let go leave so bitterly. This goes back years due to the Bidwills being cheap, but recently with Boldin and so on and so forth. We have just been really bad in this area.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol

a constant stream of offended players.

I again submit:
P2 is upset about losing. That needs to stop.
DJ has not produced anything like what is being relief upon him for in years
Honey badger was oft injured and not the same player
John brown was oft injured and I fault the team not a hit for cutting bait and I love John brown. I'm glad he's staying healthier in cold weather.
Chris johnson? He just got outplayed and replaced.

None of it is out of the ordinary. A lot of it is players not working out or skills declining or being replaced.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
lol

a constant stream of offended players.

I again submit:

None of it is out of the ordinary. A lot of it is players not working out or skills declining or being replaced.
Well, I said a consistent trend, not a constant stream, but where there's smoke, there's fire. Not only do we seem to get one new malcontent player a year, but we also have coaches turning down jobs here.

Again, it's the same problem as any business, you can't consistently have people badmouthing your company on the way our the door, or you're going to start to lose the best candidates or have them not even apply at all.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I said a consistent trend, not a constant stream, but where there's smoke, there's fire. Not only do we seem to get one new malcontent player a year, but we also have coaches turning down jobs here.

Again, it's the same problem as any business, you can't consistently have people badmouthing your company on the way our the door, or you're going to start to lose the best candidates or have them not even apply at all.
Are you not looking at the cases? Do you really care that Chris Johnson got replaced by the 2016 version of david johnson and was no longer needed?
Do you think we should have given john brown a big contract when he was constantly injured here?
When Honey badger wanted big money but was not providing the value he wanted you wanted to give it to him?

this is all nonsense.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
4 broken tackles in 11 games
Yea
You’re enemy is in your head

Everyone been rooting for you, but you’ve been a punk

you get 1 TD pass and now you comin’ out (mind you you’re a RB). - when’s the last drive the team could ride you from end zone to end zone...Seattle 4 years ago....shut up

pah-lease

You got your contract and quit on your team and the people that paid ya

from the guy who was fantasy gold now not owned in 2% of the leagues

As many employers have said
Sit down , shut up and do something cause they’re still
Paying you $10 mill when you’ve earned and played like a league min player.

He’s trying to get out...well your contract is handcuffed the cards...change it for em and they’d gladly let you walk.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are you not looking at the cases? Do you really care that Chris Johnson got replaced by the 2016 version of david johnson and was no longer needed?
Do you think we should have given john brown a big contract when he was constantly injured here?
When Honey badger wanted big money but was not providing the value he wanted you wanted to give it to him?

this is all nonsense.

That depends on if they're really individual cases, or if it's how it's being handled that is the stumbling block, which is what I kinda suspect here. Being told one thing, and actions going the other. Chris Johnson, fine, he's an older guy who shouldn't have expected much. But we'd already paid Honey Badger. John Brown didn't want to be here but given his production in Buffalo, it's very potentially realistic that we mismanaged his condition, then sent him to the doghouse for being sick. It's funny we don't mention the Josh Rosen thing, where the poor kid's future was strung along for months and the GM didn't even offer up a phone call when all was said and done.

I just have a feeling, for all of Keim's other flaws in personnel, that he doesn't do a great job of communicating with players.

Kliff has said in press conferences that we're going to get DJ involved, and then doesn't. It's the same thing. Nothing worse than being told one thing by leadership and then not having actions follow up.

Sure, yes, the money these players make should take some of the edge off, but if a guy like DJ really thinks he could be somewhere else playing for a team that uses him right, he has a right to be miffed that he's been benched. Now, if he's just not trying, that's another thing.