Official Arizona Weather Thread

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little help!!

Hard to trust local TV weather reports and can't seem to get any good freeway camera shots... For someone who lives in Sedona/Flag/Winslow, what are the road conditions like? Gotta drive to Albq today. I can go south through Tucson but it takes at least 2 hours longer. For sure not going the Payson/Heber route.

Appreciate any info.. Leaving after Fiesta Bowl around 4pm.

Thanks

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Little help!!

Hard to trust local TV weather reports and can't seem to get any good freeway camera shots... For someone who lives in Sedona/Flag/Winslow, what are the road conditions like? Gotta drive to Albq today. I can go south through Tucson but it takes at least 2 hours longer. For sure not going the Payson/Heber route.

Appreciate any info.. Leaving after Fiesta Bowl around 4pm.

Thanks
https://www.flagstaffarizona.org/webcam/
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
What is Northern AZ and the Grand Canyon typically like in the fall? We are wanting to visit AZ this fall and see a Cards game and take our two boys to the Grand Canyon.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Northern AZ and the Grand Canyon typically like in the fall? We are wanting to visit AZ this fall and see a Cards game and take our two boys to the Grand Canyon.
Wonderful. Chilly but not bad. Depends.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got some hail up here in North Glendale. So glad I parked in the garage after lunch! Had a nice double rainbow for about 10 minutes.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving back from the Valley (the San Fernando Valley) yesterday and on the way in (via the 202 South) we were treated to a lightning storm with bolts all over the East Valley. So cool. No rain until we pulled into our driveway at about 11 PM - then it absolutely poured rain on us.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool satellite imagery on twitter showing how green we are now vs before the monsoon. Went to payson 2 weeks ago and the whole drive up was lush, looks like scotland or something in areas.

Hit the salt river recently and it is surprisingly low, they must be holding water back.

The mesquito population right now is out of control

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool satellite imagery on twitter showing how green we are now vs before the monsoon. Went to payson 2 weeks ago and the whole drive up was lush, looks like scotland or something in areas.

Hit the salt river recently and it is surprisingly low, they must be holding water back.

Everything is green and beautiful for sure. I'm still hoping for more rain to help avoid the dreaded second fire season after everything dries out.

It's going to take years of rain and snow to bring the Southwest out of drought. Lake Mead and Lake Powell are so low.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is green and beautiful for sure. I'm still hoping for more rain to help avoid the treaded second fire season after everything dries out.

It's going to take years of rain and snow to bring the Southwest out of drought. Lake Mead and Lake Powell are so low.
In the rain in the snow needs to be in Colorado and Wyoming to fill those reservoirs

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the rain in the snow needs to be in Colorado and Wyoming to fill those reservoirs

Years ago I heard someone say that when it's dry in the lower Southwest such as Arizona, the upper Southwest such as Colorado has always received snow and moisture to help compensate. In other words, they have never had dry spells at the same time.

Looking at the Colorado river and it's reservoirs I don't believe that is true any more.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ronin

We had some rain showers pop up quickly and dropped some rain. It looks like they are headed your way.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The free range cattle are all fat and happy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good weather radar link or app for a desktop or laptop computer?

The National Weather Service works but it's a bit choppy and block-like when one zooms in.

Radar X is awesome for an android phone. I wish there was something as good for a computer.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good weather radar link or app for a desktop or laptop computer?

The National Weather Service works but it's a bit choppy and block-like when one zooms in.

Radar X is awesome for an android phone. I wish there was something as good for a computer.
I use the Wunderground app... I like it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

myradar.

Got it from oblinski

love it. perfect maps, rain alerts, etc.

(sorry, I use this on the phone, not the computer)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
myradar.

Got it from oblinski

love it. perfect maps, rain alerts, etc.

(sorry, I use this on the phone, not the computer)

Thanks.

There appears to be a version for a PC per one source.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose