Question for MMJ patient Cardinal Fans on this board

Reaction score
I plan on traveling down this week with my fiancée to see the Cards play the Browns. We live up here in the great state of Washington. I am a medical marijuana patient (for going on two years now), and I have been doing my research about your state. It looks like your state recognizes out of state medical cards, but does not allow me to purchase in Arizona State medical dispensaries. Is this factual? Could I bring my medicine on the plane with me so long as I have my papers and card? Flying from Seatac to Phx. Interested to see if anyone could help me with details. Thank you! and lets get that W today guys!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I typically travel with a pen and take it on planes all the time. Out of sight of course.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
Correct you can’t buy flower with an out of state MMJ card here in AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems strange that the state of Arizona is one of the few that accepts Out-of-State patients, but we can't get our medicine at a medically endorsed dispensary?

OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
I typically travel with a pen and take it on planes all the time. Out of sight of course.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

That's what I plan on doing so i'm not stuck without it for a week. Sucks though that Arizona accepts patients, but we can't get our meds there. I feel like it's safe getting it there than travelling with it. Whatever though. :shrug:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I know you can’t fly with an marijuana products flower or pen. Of course it can just look like a tobacco vape pen and you may get through. If the dogs sniff it or they find they will take it. It doesn’t matter what the state laws are federal law which applies to TSA weed is still illegal.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in my experience, dogs do not smell pens. I've had them around many airport and border dogs. I keep the pens in my carry on, not a check in.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
in my experience, dogs do not smell pens. I've had them around many airport and border dogs. I keep the pens in my carry on, not a check in.

It happened to my buddy at Logan who put it in his carryon backpack. The dogs didn’t smell the pen but he did at one point have flower in the backpack and I guess the smell stayed. They did a search on the bag and knew by the color and the thickness of the oil it was weed and took the pen. I think they opened the pen to smell the oil as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happened to my buddy at Logan who put it in his carryon backpack. The dogs didn’t smell the pen but he did at one point have flower in the backpack and I guess the smell stayed. They did a search on the bag and knew by the color and the thickness of the oil it was weed and took the pen. I think they opened the pen to smell the oil as well.

yeah, probably not a good idea to bring backpacks that smell like flower.

At least all they did was take it.

OP
OP
DannyDimesCardFan
Reaction score
Definitely don't want to bring flower or oil on a flight. Ill take my chances with a pen, I have all my medical paperwork, and card. Can't go a full week without medicine. I talked to Port of Seattle police, they said worst case is that TSA will call the police down to check out your paperwork prior to hopping in line. TSA is federal but they themselves do make arrests, they defer those things to the airports local police. I have heard many stories of pens getting through. After all TSA isn't looking for marijuana haha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose