Are The Fans Bad or What?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never saw so many Black and Gold fans at an away game. I live in NY and the Giants have many down years, but their fans never quit on their team. I'm just not used to seeing fans sell out their team. Hope they got more than 30 pieces of silver for their seats.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never saw so many Black and Gold fans at an away game. I live in NY and the Giants have many down years, but their fans never quit on their team. I'm just not used to seeing fans sell out their team. Hope they got more than 30 pieces of silver for their seats.

it’s Arizona. Yes fans are horrible here. Win and everybody shows up lose and nobody shows up. It’s like a mini LA.

you must be a new Cardinal fan. I remember sun devil stadium being filled with Cowboy fans. Hell even when we’ve been good the Cowboys, Raiders and Steelers all have a strong showing.

suns get it bad with the Lakers and the D-Backs get it with the Dodgers and Cubs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Our fans are the most fickle in sports behind baseball fans from Florida.

Transplants suck. Snowbirds suck.

Only thing that will change it is winning.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our fans are the most fickle in sports behind baseball fans from Florida.

Transplants suck. Snowbirds suck.

Only thing that will change it is winning.

winning doesn’t change the fact the fans suck. All 3 major sports teams have won. When they win guys comeback and when they lose guys go away it’s just how it is

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

I agree, I had to keep reminding my 11-year-old son that they were actually playing in Arizona and not Pittsburgh. It really is embarrassing. I can’t imagine how embarrassing it must be for Michael Bidwill.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still wish they would have stayed in St. Louis, but not moving to Baltimore was yet another horrendous decision made by the Bidwills. That decision alone was indicative of what a dysfunctional franchise we were & would remain. It turns my stomach to hear visiting team's fans drown out the hometown fans. Kudos to the Cardinal fans who are there. It's certainly not their issue. I get all the reasons why there are all the transients, but also part of the reason why the Cardinals will always be a laughingstock around the NFL. If I were a player, and had a choice, I would avoid being a Cardinal. Pains me to say that too.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
it’s Arizona. Yes fans are horrible here. Win and everybody shows up lose and nobody shows up. It’s like a mini LA.

you must be a new Cardinal fan. I remember sun devil stadium being filled with Cowboy fans. Hell even when we’ve been good the Cowboys, Raiders and Steelers all have a strong showing.

suns get it bad with the Lakers and the D-Backs get it with the Dodgers and Cubs.
Yep. It’s pretty much what you’re going to get in a transplant state/city.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If they hadn't built the stadium in Timbuktu I would go more often.

That said it's a transplant town and a lot of people from the Midwest so Steelers have a following here. There are probably as many who don't have any roots back east and still represent the Steelers because they like the logo or something.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree, I had to keep reminding my 11-year-old son that they were actually playing in Arizona and not Pittsburgh. It really is embarrassing. I can’t imagine how embarrassing it must be for Michael Bidwill.

I really don't think it's all that embarrassing for Michael Bidwill as long as he's selling seats no matter who sits in them. It's not like it's every home game so I imagine Bidwill just takes it in stride that a game or two each season is going to be slanted heavily towards more opponent fans than Cardinal fans. Those fans still buy tickets to the game and still buy food and beverages so it's all good because the cash flow is still coming in. As for the fans who sells the tickets to the opposition, well they are lining their pockets with a little extra cash.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Cards’ fans not going to the game means anything about them. The team sucks. Why leave your house and pay to see them right now? Mike B doesn’t care. The steeler fans not only bought tickets but many of them are out of towners who are stimulating the local economy in the name of the team. With that said, of course there is a huge contingent of bad fans. This board has the most passionate cardinal fans in existence and the pathetic lunacy on here right now is hysterical lol.

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hahahahaha
If anyone had season tickets and didn’t sell they’re a fool
Prices on Stubhub before the game the cheapest seat was $174 with lowers going $250 plus

you take that money to the bank

blaming season ticket holders for selling during a 3 win season and no playoff chance...no y’all the horrible fans knocking them for selling.

they already spent $1200 or more per seat and been losing their shirt and y’all got the nerve to call them out...get outta here!

every game other than this tickets were 1/2 face value...thus they lost money if they sold...or vice versa would have saved 50% if they didn’t buy season tickets and just bought on the 2ndary market.

lastly you’d have to be a fool to go spend $200 a piece for cheap seats to root on the Cardinals in a game they’re gonna lose. yea, go spend $400 on tickets another $49 on food, $25 on parking add in gas and time
That’s almost $500 for 3 hours of watching your team get beat...OR sell your ticket and make double face and stay at home.

easy decision

as someone who had season tickets for 23 years....but quit this year...I couldn’t be happier that I did. Saved me a ton of money and time. We still tailgate at the house and throw the ball...and then watch it on tv. WAY WAY Better! Thought I’d miss it...Nope not one bit

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and those that travel rent cars, stay at hotels, ...

Dolphin stadium would be a ghost town were it not for the opponent's fans. Bills and Jets fans travel en masse every season and stimulate the Hell out of the local economy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Last year I had casual fans shake their head sadly when I wore Cards gear on game days. Now people don't even notice. :shrug:

People are right that the empty stadium last week is probably more concerning/embarrassing to Michael than the stadium largely full of opposing fans this week.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Last year I had casual fans shake their head sadly when I wore Cards gear on game days. Now people don't even notice. :shrug:

People are right that the empty stadium last week is probably more concerning/embarrassing to Michael than the stadium largely full of opposing fans this week.
And yet they keep saying the sellout streak is alive lol

If this isn’t reason #48 to fire Keim, I don’t know what Michael is thinking

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep. It’s pretty much what you’re going to get in a transplant state/city
Yep.

Some people(fans) just don't seem to grasp this simple concept of modern migration in the US.

These fans aren't "traveling well." They live here. Or there (So Cal, Florida etc). It has zero to do with bad fans or bad fan support.

If one could somehow magically flip the Western climate with the Eastern climate then we'd have fans in Green Bay, Boston, Chicago & NY complaining about Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers and Rams fans invading their stadiums too.

This is such a tired discussion.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And yet they keep saying the sellout streak is alive lol

If this isn’t reason #48 to fire Keim, I don’t know what Michael is thinking
Scalping is legal in AZ, so when you take that into account the tickets are sold out, mostly to brokers. It's the brokers that aren't selling the seats right now except for more popular teams. MB may be concerned if that dries up, but he doesn't care who is in the seats just that somebody is.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scalpers own like half the seats in the stadium. Happens all the time. Local people are not going to pay more than pitt fans when our team sucks.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
winning doesn’t change the fact the fans suck. All 3 major sports teams have won. When they win guys comeback and when they lose guys go away it’s just how it is

consistent winning.

You can say the fans suck when we get one good year out of every ten.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If they hadn't built the stadium in Timbuktu I would go more often.

That said it's a transplant town and a lot of people from the Midwest so Steelers have a following here. There are probably as many who don't have any roots back east and still represent the Steelers because they like the logo or something.

Timbuktu!?! It's like 5 minutes from where I grew up. And easily accessible by freeway. I would give anything for a 45 minute commute to a Cards game.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahahaha
If anyone had season tickets and didn’t sell they’re a fool
Prices on Stubhub before the game the cheapest seat was $174 with lowers going $250 plus

you take that money to the bank

blaming season ticket holders for selling during a 3 win season and no playoff chance...no y’all the horrible fans knocking them for selling.

they already spent $1200 or more per seat and been losing their shirt and y’all got the nerve to call them out...get outta here!

every game other than this tickets were 1/2 face value...thus they lost money if they sold...or vice versa would have saved 50% if they didn’t buy season tickets and just bought on the 2ndary market.

lastly you’d have to be a fool to go spend $200 a piece for cheap seats to root on the Cardinals in a game they’re gonna lose. yea, go spend $400 on tickets another $49 on food, $25 on parking add in gas and time
That’s almost $500 for 3 hours of watching your team get beat...OR sell your ticket and make double face and stay at home.

easy decision

as someone who had season tickets for 23 years....but quit this year...I couldn’t be happier that I did. Saved me a ton of money and time. We still tailgate at the house and throw the ball...and then watch it on tv. WAY WAY Better! Thought I’d miss it...Nope not one bit

This!... you want faithful fans then put a quality product on the field for there $!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timbuktu!?! It's like 5 minutes from where I grew up. And easily accessible by freeway. I would give anything for a 45 minute commute to a Cards game.

yeah, an hour drive there to watch a horrendous, unwatchable team getting heckled for 3 hours and then driving in mass traffic for another hour going home. its pretty awesome.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's all of the above.

It's the fan base

It's the team

It's the law of averages (where many teams have good and bad streaks over a period of years)

It's also the League schedulers (who have snowbird fan teams visiting us right before Christmas)

But aside from all these excuses, it sucks.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Steelers fans travel well, always have. Even in the golden years at Jiffy Pop Stadium, there was always a crazy-high number of Steeler fans there when they were in town. Now with the Cards sucking hind ***, it only makes it even worse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose