Suggs, wow how bout that signing now

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was excited to have him on the team, but damn I expect a lot more.

he’s barely making any impact

he never plays the run game ..this a ton of screens over top of him and is to slow to get to the qb - unless the qb holds it an hour

He’s too old....Keim time
I guess when Baltimore says ‘Damn!’ When they see the contrast AZ offered and then says ‘o no way we matching that.’ Should have raised an eyebrow or two.

watch Sunday
He doesn’t play the run game at all
He play’s gets a sack’ every play.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Someone here tried to tell me he had an awesome year, clearly had more in the tank, and I was just being a downer if I thought any different.

Love the guy, but this was a useless signing. It would have made sense if he were rotating with like, Bosa.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I wish I had a time machine to go back to April of 2003 to be even madder about passing on him for SKILLET and Calvin Pace. He is retiring in Glendale. He just happens to be playing semi-pro football for the Cardinals for one season

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I wish I had a time machine to go back to April of 2003 to be even madder about passing on him for SKILLET and Calvin Pace. He is retiring in Glendale. He just happens to be playing semi-pro football for the Cardinals for one season

While your at it...stop by 2007 and turn in draft card for Adrian Peterson.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another example of why our FA targets should be younger, ie someone 27 or younger, no more stop gaps. How much did he cost against the cap again?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When a team with as much drafting and roster management success as BAL decides to let go of a guy, the odds strongly call for you to not go after said player. Meathead is handed all the evidence he needs to avoid that signing and he still can't avoid screwing the pooch.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Guessing Bart Scott was telling the truth. Don’t hate the player... you know the rest

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guessing Bart Scott was telling the truth. Don’t hate the player... you know the rest
You mean how Suggs basically admitted how he was washed up and that he respected the Ravens too much to steal from them? Obviously Suggs doesn’t respect the Cardinals or SK and is ok stealing $7M from the organization.

He is the embodiment of the dysfunction SK has brought onto the Cardinals with his FA signings.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports...0191031-drf5isvoejcqpfkmhc4ntixw7a-story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s crazy, because he hasn’t been a great ambassador for the team in the time he’s been here. You could kind of live with the production at that salary if he were out there encouraging fans to come to games and representing how a winning mindset is coming into the locker room. Has he even appeared on the Big Red Rage this year?

Absolutely stealing.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
He was brought in for leadership and some production and has provided neither. I didn't like the signing when it was made, but I understand why we tried he was supposed to mentor younger guys and show them how to be pros. He should be an easy cut

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a waste. Would rather have some younger more hungry players trying to make their mark in the league rather than a journeyman getting paid for his past accomplishments.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It would have made sense if he were rotating with like, Bosa.

Yup.

I liked the signing up until the 1st pick of the draft

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
$7.5 million PR stunt.

He is technically getting 10m for 2 years (5m/year).

Same as Thomas Davis and Clay Mathews.

Who else would you have signed? I thought it was a good gamble. It's not like Suggs is terrible...he is just old.

Marcus Golden or Shaq Barrett (but who saw that coming)?