, CB
    Florida State
I wouldn't mind this draft.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
1: Young - Wont be there
2: Jeudy - Probably not there
3: Thomas or Wirfs - The need is too great and the depth too shallow to wait. WAY TO SHALLOW
4: Simmons - STUD

That is 5 players. One should be ours.

Brown is more of a 9 thru 12 prospect IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1: Young - Wont be there
2: Jeudy - Probably not there
3: Thomas or Wirfs - The need is too great and the depth too shallow to wait. WAY TO SHALLOW
4: Simmons - STUD

That is 5 players. One should be ours.

Brown is more of a 9 thru 12 prospect IMO.

I'd love SImmons too. Players that can defend the run and the pass are so valuable.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If it’s Andrew Thomas that’s fine but you can’t pass on a guy like Derrick Brown for the 2nd 3rd or 4th best OL.

Brown is just to good.
Yeah, we need a Star player that wreaks havoc with another high draft pick. Can't ignore a putrid D. Pass rush has sucked, outside of CJ. If he's gone then yeah, OL.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
We need the dolphins and skins to win another one so we have a chance at top 3. The bengals and redskins will be taking a QB. We could have a shot at chase if we lose out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wirffs is arguably better than Thomas.

I ran one...(only did 5 rounds)
  • 7 Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

• 39 Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue

• 71 Solomon Kindley, IOL Georgia

• 103 Antoine Winfield Jr. , S Minnesota

• 132 Denzel Mims, WR Baylor
Kind of Big Ten heavy, no?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Derrick Brown, IDL - Auburn

Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE - Penn St.

Trey Adams, OT - Washington

Gabriel Davis, WR - UCF

Richard LeCounte III, S - Georgia
Would love to see us take D. Brown from Auburn with our first pick. That dude is a stud. Requires double teams, very disruptive. That's what we need to give CJ some help. Best cover ILB available with our second rd pick.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As much as I love the idea of Derrick Brown...after yesterday and pre-free agency, round 1 is Andrew Thomas, Tristian Wirffs, or trade back for Tyler Biadasz. There is too much DL talent in the NFC West to ignore upgrading the offensive line. IMO.
Agreed but we also have to get after the QB. CJ needs help. D. Brown would be that guy. We can also sign OL help in FA. Thomas from Georgia would be fine with our first pick, as long as we sign a stud DT in FA. That wouldn't come cheap though.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I do agree, but seeing the 49ers wreck s*** with Bosa & Buckner as the lead dogs & of course Aaron Donald for the Rams, it’s annoying to see us struggle to control the LOS on defense. I know I’m beating a dead horse, but just imagine us getting Derrick Brown then Creed Humphrey/Biadasz in the same round if we traded Peterson. So aggravating. I’d be fine if we go DL then OL or vice versa. We just can’t double dip for both.
Spoken like a champ. I totally agree. We need to put pressure on the QB from a collapsing pocket as well as the edge. D. Brown is our guy. If we can get a good DT in FA (won't be cheap though) then we could take your boy from Iowa or Thomas from Georgia? One draft board I looked at yesterday, had the OT from Iowa (can't remember his name) ahead of Thomas as the best OT in this draft.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed but we also have to get after the QB. CJ needs help. D. Brown would be that guy. We can also sign OL help in FA. Thomas from Georgia would be fine with our first pick, as long as we sign a stud DT in FA. That wouldn't come cheap though.
I'm not going to argue because they are both needs. I am just more inclined to prioritize protecting the franchise QB. A great DT is worthless if Murray is injured or do3snt have time to execute the offense.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Went OL 1st. Definitely struggled to decide between Wirfs and Thomas. Ultimately went with Thomas since he has been a LT for awhile.

My favorite pick? Zach Moss. Yes I know the Cardinals dont need a RB, but dude runs so much like Marshawn Lynch.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue because they are both needs. I am just more inclined to prioritize protecting the franchise QB. A great DT is worthless if Murray is injured or do3snt have time to execute the offense.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
As I'm not gonna argue your point either. You're right also. KM needs protection. Our defense can't stop anyone though. Our offense has scored enough points to win many more games this season. The defense has let us down time & time again. I think between FA & the draft if the right moves are made..........? Then again with SK doing it, hit or miss. More miss than hit most offseasons.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
· 7 - Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State

· 39 - Creed Humphrey, IOL Oklahoma

· 71- Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF

· 103 - Larrell Murchison, IDL, NC State

· 132 - Josh Jones, OT, Houston

· 198 - Naquan Jones, IDL, Michigan State

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
it does seem like that first pick represents a real fork in the road:

This is a really good WR class, with the top of it being very high end -- Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs would give the Cardinals the true #1 threat. FWIW: I have Ruggs as the best of the group.

After that, there are good prospects but not the kind that scare defenses.

if the Cards win 2 more games ( and we are getting into the time of year where unanticipated results really start happening: like the Dolphins beating the Eagles last week) -- i could see Wirfs and Thomas (and Brown the DT) all being gone by #11 or so. One of the WRs might be the clear best player at that spot.

The OT class seems deep. After Thomas and Wirfs, it seems like there are 5-8 guys who are ranked 15-50, and the order is different depending on who is doing the ranking ( example: some have Austin Jackson of USC in the 1st round, some have him in the late 2nd). It feels like if you go anything other than OT in round 1, you better get one of the 2nd tier guys in the 2nd.

that means you spend 1st and 2nd on offense-- a "build on your strength" kinda draft.

and i sure hope the D had been addressed in FA at that point.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

Marvin Wilson, IDL Florida State

Alaric Jackson, OT Iowa

Antoine Winfield Jr., S Minnesota

Chazz Surratt, LB North Carolina

Wirfs gives us a legitimate NFL tackle to plug and play wherever we want to put him.

Marvin Wilson is a rush DT who has the size to play all along that line. Freak athlete.

Jackson could swing inside to LG pretty easily and backup Pugh until he takes the spot. His athleticism is more impressive at LG than at OT in the NFL.

Winfield gives us a playmaker at S who can battle for a spot.

Surratt is a longer ILB that could potentially develop into someone who can matchup with TEs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
  • Tristan Wirfs , OT
  • Curtis Weaver , EDGE
  • Brandon Aiyuk, WR
  • Zack Moss, RB
  • Hakeem Adeniji, OT
Wirfs is a day one starting RT that has the athletic ability to play LT, but will probably be a dominate RT. Iowa churns out good TE and linemen.

Curtis Weaver is an edge rusher supreme. Would compete for OLB spot opposite Chandler Jones.

With the top guys gone at the second round pick and an edge rusher being a much better value, Aiyuk is a great value in the third round. Aiyuk is a YAC king who also has the ability to take the top off the defense. I actually like his tape much more than I liked N'Keal Harry, but he doesnt have the years of production Harry had.

Zach Moss is a violent man. A punishing physical runner in the Marshawn Lynch mold.

Adeniji is a swing tackle or move to guard candidate. Superior athlete, but hasn't shown the ability to hang with top pass rushers.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wirfs: the draft network

Pros: Tristan aligns at RT for Iowa’s offense. Smart and versatile enough to swing from RT to LT over the course of a game. He has sufficient overall athleticism. He displays good technique on the perimeter, evidenced in his good hand placement. Displays sufficient initial quickness off the ball. He has Very good punch and inline power in his hands. Plays well in a “phone booth” He is very good at the point of attack in the run game. He is dominant when he is play side in the run game and does a very good job of sealing and getting his body in good positions to create run lanes.. He displays good block temperament on double teams. He will finish blocks and plays hard from snap to whistle. Displays good short set anchor and tenacity at the point of attack. He plays with good anticipatory instincts in his pass set, with regards to stunts and games.

Cons: He struggles at times to redirect on a defender’s counter or second move. Also displays average athleticism to engage LBs at the second level. He doesn’t play with great bend or length on the perimeter. As a result, speed rushers, skilled pass rushers with counter moves and more athletic defensive ends will give him problems at OT in the NFL. Struggles against quicker defender hard inside move. He does not project with true swing ability and would struggle as a LT in the NFL. Can play RT but may struggle against athletic pass rushers in the NFL, but skill set is best suited as a OG.

I’m not drafting a guy who plays RT in the top ten. Guys play RT because they can’t play LT. If the word “guard” is even mentioned he’s not a guy I want in the top ten

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson