Keim is excited about his plan for the offseason

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honey Badger and David Johnson. That’s actually the complaint guys have about him he misses on the first round picks but finds gems late

Buddha Baker as well. Interesting, this stat isn't a differentiator as much as I though it would be (NFC West teams from 2013-2019 drafts have 2-3 pro bowl players).

Best statline to get rid of Keim - roster building - look at his draft and see how many still play in the NFL BUT NOT FOR THE CARDINALS. Building through the draft is a great cost saving measure, but he doesn't build nor maintain drafted players - I don't think you can find a more clear indicator of how bad he is at this part of the job.

Link to draft history (pro-football-reference)

http://pfref.com/tiny/b396t

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling Bidwill is going to keep Keim next year and give him the chance to right the ship now that he has his coach, QB and cap space. They have too long a relationship and the Cards ownership has a history of loyalty(to a fault). As much as it pains me, it probably makes sense rather than risking a disconnect between a new GM and Kigsbury/Murray. They have too much vested in them as the future.

Kingsbury was probably the only hire Keim could have made that guaranteed him 2 years of job security. He’s a crappy GM but he’s no dummy.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He blocked me, and I didn't even do that much.
This is a quality post right here.

Good job.

You must have started talking about truths and reality.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This thread is great.

Anyone else here the "Charlie Brown's teacher's voice when Keim talks.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This thread is great.

Anyone else here the "Charlie Brown's teacher's voice when Keim talks.

Yes...and when my wife is talking about chores that need to be done around the house lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling Bidwill is going to keep Keim next year and give him the chance to right the ship now that he has his coach, QB and cap space. They have too long a relationship and the Cards ownership has a history of loyalty(to a fault). As much as it pains me, it probably makes sense rather than risking a disconnect between a new GM and Kigsbury/Murray. They have too much vested in them as the future.
You are spot on my friend. I've been saying this for a long time. SK isn't going anywhere & MB trusts his every word. He's going to give him the time to build around what he brought in, that being KK & KM. With all the salary cap space this offseason, if the players he brings in bomb miserably next season, then I think there's a strong possibility he could be gone then? If MB sees enough progress yr to yr & no horribly bad yr, then yeah, he ain't going anywhere. Loyalty & buddies with MB are keeping him in good standing right now. Plus the KK KM factor.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Steve Keim: I Have A Plan For Offseason

Which basically means.... The last several years, I had no plan at all.

So.....At least he has a plan for next year?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey, if our owner's stupid enough to bring Keim back, we deserve to be the "Same old Cards." If Keim comes back, we'll deserve every L, every injured has-been or never-was offensive lineman, every overdrafted 1st-round pick, every stupid 2nd-round pick. In short, we'll deserve our continued suckage.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I feel like we’re so bipolar sometimes.

BA has an equal share of the blame for the drafting during his tenure. Rightly or wrongly, his success allowed him to dictate the direction of a lot of our moves, which is why we didn’t draft a guy like Watson or move up for Mahomes. (Have we all forgotten about BA refusing to let Hump even sniff the field his rookie year?) I love the guy, he’s a great coach, but he’s got his warts. He loves his vets and he has little patience for rookies and younger players. Ask OJ Howard and Ronald Jones.

The non-BA drafts have looked solid to great thus far. Guys like Kirk, Cole, and Edmonds look like they have potential to be solid contributors. Even a guy like Korey Cunningham flashed and brought in a draft pick when he got caught up in a numbers game. Yeah, Rosen didn’t pan out. So far only one of the five QBs from the ‘18 draft looks like a franchise guy. You can put that on our scouting department, but heck, three-quarters of the league missed on Jackson like we did. Keim learned from that, looked at Murray’s film with an open mind, and went all-in. This year’s draft looks just as good if not better.

We all knew this was going to be a rebuilding year with the dead money and re-stocking the roster from the BA years and Wilks experiment. I’m all for giving Keim another chance to build the team. Let’s see what happens when the Cards aren’t handcuffed with the residue of former “win-now” decisions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave