A few on our defense believe in VJ

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/vance-joseph-adamant-cardinals-defense-can-be-fixed

The Cardinals' defense is in the middle of a pitch-black tunnel, and after Sunday's performance against the Rams, many are wondering if there is an opening at the end of it.

Vance Joseph is adamant light awaits, as long as his group keeps fighting.

"It takes courage to live through this," the Cardinals' first-year defensive coordinator said. "It's hard times. We're going to get it fixed, and once it's fixed, no one remembers these times. But right now, it's tough. If you're not strong-willed and you don't have courage, you can't fix it.

"We have a plan here, and right now it's the first year of the plan. It wasn't going to be easy. That's why we're here, right? It wasn't fixed (by the previous coaching staff). That's why we're here. We're trying to fix it, and we will."

The numbers against the Rams were ugly. Los Angeles quarterback Jared Goff amassed 405 passing yards with 8:44 left in the third quarter. The Cardinals allowed 549 total yards in the 34-7 loss, even with the Rams taking their foot off the gas in the fourth..........

You must be registered for see images attach

Gallery: Patrick Peterson's "Shop With A Jock"

Last edited by a moderator:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s polite to put the hook and a link to the story. Darren Urban gets credit for the traffic he generates. This is like stealing.

that said, there isn’t much of an endorsement here.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s polite to put the hook and a link to the story. Darren Urban gets credit for the traffic he generates. This is like stealing.

Agree this should be adjusted

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m not buying it!

If they truly believe in the system why do we continue to see wide open receivers where defenders aren’t even around pass catchers? Imo that’s coaching more than the talent. Or why do we still see defenders throwing their hands in the air or looking back at others like “wtf where are you”?

We heard players backing the coaching last year as well. It’s pure BS.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I have no idea who all on this board reads his articles? I'm not trying to take credit, that's all his. Just passing it along for others to read that hasn't yet or won't. This article is not mine, it's all Darren Urban.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not buying it!

If they truly believe in the system why do we continue to see wide open receivers where defenders aren’t even around pass catchers? Imo that’s coaching more than the talent. Or why do we still see defenders throwing their hands in the air or looking back at others like “wtf where are you”?

All true. Have no idea what the players, coaches or FO think about VJ's system? WR's running wide open frustrates me to no end. At this point, why not just play sandlot defense? You got this guy, you got that guy, I got this guy. Might be better than what we're currently watching. Definitely better than having people running uncovered.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not buying it!

This calls it pure BS for me: "During the week, he puts us in position, because on game day, those same exact plays are showing up in the game," Baker said. "It's up to that person and that player to hit their pitch."

How many times Baker was the one that pitched it? How many times? To many in 13 games.

So basically if a Urban would be less polite and more straight up, he would asked him if he is a bad player since he missed it so many times and then you would have heard a totally different soundbite.

This is players not calling for the HC or backing him, and some of them not doing it well.

Reaction score
I have no idea who all on this board reads his articles? I'm not trying to take credit, that's all his. Just passing it along for others to read that hasn't yet or won't. This article is not mine, it's all Darren Urban.

Just post a link to the article & copy a few lines from it. Posting the entire article without a link is what K9 is talking about.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the NFL. A coordinator on either side of the ball had better produce results in a relatively short period of time. We all remember that it took 4-5 games before we saw results under Horton & Bowles. But, then we saw outstanding results. We're not even remotely seeing progress with this group. Furthermore, with the exception of last year, we didn't go through 4 DC's in 4 years due to inept coaching. We lost Horton because we decided to hire Arians. We lost Bowles because he was PROMOTED to HC. We lost Bettcher because Arians supposedly retired. Our D's were significantly better under all 3 of these guys than it is today. This D is also negatively impacting the development of KK & KM. Even if this D was average, we would have close to 7 wins right now. MB does NOT have the luxury of waiting to see if VJ can turn this around. We absolutely cannot go forward with VJ if this defense doesn't show SOMETHING the rest of the way.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just post the link and youre fine. Or, post an excerpt and the link to generate traffic to read the full article where it came from.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a nice sales pitch but it doesnt mean players believe in VJ. Even bakers quote is just not wanting to change coaches, not that this coach is amazing. Doesnt amtter what they say though, it is all lip service either way. Same with wilks. Guys said they love wilks and then once he left and we switched to 3-4 guys said thank god I hated 4-3. Lip service.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
VJ is rightfully getting a BUNCH of heat, I think his playcalling/schemes are poor.

If I'm reluctantly going to cut him some slack on anything, It's the fact that we rarely have sustained drives, which has the defense gassed after the first quarter.

And honestly, The biggest cries for VJ's head, come after an outing where the Offense scores 7!!

Who the hell are you gonna beat with 7 points?

Anyway, not really defending him, and definitely want to see a new DC.... Just shocked that this loss is being pinned on VJ for the most part.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VJ is rightfully getting a BUNCH of heat, I think his playcalling/schemes are poor.

If I'm reluctantly going to cut him some slack on anything, It's the fact that we rarely have sustained drives, which has the defense gassed after the first quarter.

And honestly, The biggest cries for VJ's head, come after an outing where the Offense scores 7!!

Who the hell are you gonna beat with 7 points?

Anyway, not really defending him, and definitely want to see a new DC.... Just shocked that this loss is being pinned on VJ for the most part.

They scored on almost every single drive. The defense did relatively well at the beginning but even with a piss poor offense, getting crushed like that is unacceptable. Especially by a team that has been struggling all year.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would have nuked the thread back in the old days

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just post a link to the article & copy a few lines from it. Posting the entire article without a link is what K9 is talking about.
Just thought it would be easier for everyone to read by posting the article. Not that it's hard to click on a link lol.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were an article that you have to subscribe before you could access, it is a little different.
That's even worse. You're basically stealing. And people wonder why sites like MMQB and Deadspin died. Not enough people subscribe if they can get the content for free. It's also a violation of the Cardinal Rules of this website.

...dbs

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
VJ's words sound hopeful and seems an honest attempt to buy the defense some time, but my eyeballs tell me that we're not getting the job done, and I'm very suspicious of "plans" which rely on several years of poor production while we "wait" for the defense to catch fire.

Those plans typically wind up with us going nowhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose