Suns @ Pelicans Thursday game thread 12-5-19

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Pelicans tie the score with 37.3 seconds to go.

Yup, Oubre is not helping tonight.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Man this team is incredibly inconsistent...from game to game, quarter to quarter, shot to shot... They never sustain any consistency whatsoever! Maddening!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overtime:

Suns 125 - Pelicans 125

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
After being down for most of the game, New Orleans sends it to OT.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Suns are not a clutch team at this time.

Of course, we are still playing without our top two Centers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the misses, it's the stupid things he does that irritates me. Twice now, late in the game, he's picked up the rebound and gone straight back up when using the clock would have helped us far more.

It's sort of like when PJ Tucker seemed to have blinders on.

Most nights Oubre is going to score given good chances but when he doesn't it looks bad.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will take me a long time to forgive Oubre for this game. I can handle the occasional bad play, the missed shot, the turnover but those two late game decisions on his part were all ego and all stupid. No freaking excuse for it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will take me a long time to forgive Oubre for this game. I can handle the occasional bad play, the missed shot, the turnover but those two late game decisions on his part were all ego and all stupid. No freaking excuse for it.
Key word for oubre will always be ego imo

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sort of like when PJ Tucker seemed to have blinders on.

Most nights Oubre is going to score given good chances but when he doesn't it looks bad.

A full shot clock and he forces up the shot on two separate possessions during the final minute or two. I can't remember seeing this level of stupid very often.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Key word for oubre will always be ego imo

Yeah and I don't want to make too much of the ego part, the better players are often driven by strong egos. But he just screwed over his teammates twice in crunch time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great pass by Rubio to Kaminsky for the score.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A full shot clock and he forces up the shot on two separate possessions during the final minute or two. I can't remember seeing this level of stupid very often.

There is a reason Oubre is in the game... defense.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah and I don't want to make too much of the ego part, the better players are often driven by strong egos. But he just screwed over his teammates twice in crunch time.
Ego is reserved for the superstars imo. He isn't one of them. Guys that aren't as great as their ego can ruin teams..once again, imo

Buuut, we got the win.. maybe oubre can get all those emotions in check at some point with his time in PHX.. He is just that player for me currently that irks me in general. Lol

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

He's still young. He will learn to keep himself in check when it's called for. But for now, I'm cool taking the all the good he gives, with the small amounts of bad that pop up every now and then...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good recovery. man... Monty is squeezing just enough juice out of this lemon to keep them close to .500 when Ayton/Baynes come back. it hasn't been pretty getting there, but we're getting there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's still young. He will learn to keep himself in check when it's called for. But for now, I'm cool taking the all the good he gives, with the small amounts of bad that pop up every now and then...

I'm not so sure about that. Sure, he's young, but to not value possessions, to not use clock, when the game is winding down? That's not rocket science, it's something we all learned early. And he did something similar in the last minute of OT too. He made a great block and then after receiving a pass in the front court, he drives into a mess of defenders and puts up a wasted shot with most of the clock still available.