Stephen A. Smith SLAMS the Arizona Cardinals as RACIST

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Bad game against the Rams no doubt. Hell we had those the year we went to the Superbowl. I hate losing as much as anyone but I believe we found a QB and I didn't want him. Hope on offense. Long way to go on D.

I remain a bit skeptical.Murray has looked damn good at times and damned bad at others.It happens.When more consistent play is shown over a period of time then I will think he is QBOF.I remember thinking Leinart was the QBOF and Plummer was the QBOF and Lomax was going to lead the Cards to the playoffs every year etc;Too many QBs have passed thru so I remain skeptical.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remain a bit skeptical.Murray has looked damn good at times and damned bad at others.It happens.When more consistent play is shown over a period of time then I will think he is QBOF.I remember thinking Leinart was the QBOF and Plummer was the QBOF and Lomax was going to lead the Cards to the playoffs every year etc;Too many QBs have passed thru so I remain skeptical.

That is fair.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the drafting of the transcendent game changing Murray the offense was supposed to be better and considering Murray has a better supporting cast it damn well be better.

It is better it's 50% better in scoring and more than that in yards I think.

I'm not sure where you are getting the better in supporting cast part. Kirk is the same player as last year just lower YPC due to the offense being more short routes. He played 12 games last year will play at most 13 this year. Fitz is not as good as he was last year a year older and slower. the other Wr's have largely been busts although Isabella hopefully has some promise, are Cooper and Johnson really that much better than who we had last year? I guess Maxx is an improvement. Drake has been pretty good but the whole run game has been the only guy under 4YPC is Johnson and his average is higher than last year just way less carries. The run game is due to IMO the OL coach, and the scheme of the offense Kliff is running, and a LARGE part due to teams having to honor the threat of Murray running and that we can actually throw the ball, couldn't last year.

The OL is better just from continuity I guess but we're still starting a guy off waivers at RT and his backup was a guard playing tackle. I guess Pugh has been better than last year because of health, Sweezy is better than what we had last year. Again I think the OL is better in large part due to coaching, scheme and because the QB is making them look better in the run game because teams have to account for him.

I certainly don't think the personnel is 50% better than it was last year.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get your point but rookie HC #2 has shown us some hope for the future. Not sure if the amount of extra weapons are that much better than what rookie HC #1 had? A little but not much. We lost 3 players early that would've helped this team. Philon, Alford & Gilbert. We've gotten minimal contributions from the 3 WR's drafted so far. One on IR all yr & 1 TD each from Johnson & Isabella. Basically I just don't see the extra weapons on this team you speak of?

KM is the notable one I am talking about.

But we also have Drake (albeit later in the season), Cooper (technically had him late last year), Keesean. Kirk has developed into key WR this year. Just because Cooper and Keesean aren't putting out consistent production on this offense doesn't mean they are bums either.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KM is the notable one I am talking about.

But we also have Drake (albeit later in the season), Cooper (technically had him late last year), Keesean. Kirk has developed into key WR this year. Just because Cooper and Keesean aren't putting out consistent production on this offense doesn't mean they are bums either.
I actually like Cooper. Couldn't believe we cut him in the first place. Hope they resign him.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The more black coaches that are (rightfully) hired, the more that will be subject to getting fired. Simple percentages. Nothing to see here except black persecution syndrome from Stephen A.

Reactions: PJ1

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It is better it's 50% better in scoring and more than that in yards I think.

I'm not sure where you are getting the better in supporting cast part. Kirk is the same player as last year just lower YPC due to the offense being more short routes. He played 12 games last year will play at most 13 this year. Fitz is not as good as he was last year a year older and slower. the other Wr's have largely been busts although Isabella hopefully has some promise, are Cooper and Johnson really that much better than who we had last year? I guess Maxx is an improvement. Drake has been pretty good but the whole run game has been the only guy under 4YPC is Johnson and his average is higher than last year just way less carries. The run game is due to IMO the OL coach, and the scheme of the offense Kliff is running, and a LARGE part due to teams having to honor the threat of Murray running and that we can actually throw the ball, couldn't last year.

The OL is better just from continuity I guess but we're still starting a guy off waivers at RT and his backup was a guard playing tackle. I guess Pugh has been better than last year because of health, Sweezy is better than what we had last year. Again I think the OL is better in large part due to coaching, scheme and because the QB is making them look better in the run game because teams have to account for him.

I certainly don't think the personnel is 50% better than it was last year.

The OLINE is not filled with UDFA and waiver pickups/PS guys lke it was the last 3-4 games last year.Max Williams is a good TE better than the runblocker TE from last year John Phillips,WRs are not starting Sherfeld,etc…..Murray definitely has a better supporting cast than JR had last season IMHO.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, I was in a coma last year. Of course I saw them. Where did I make a point one way or the other, I was asking what the logic was.

Is the offense improved, of course, but it isn't special. So you're saying we could have kept Rosen and KK would have taken out bad offense and made it mediocre like it is now? Or if KM is the reason our offense is better then it is a knock on KK because by that logic Wilks should have won more games had he had KM and the offensive assets we have this year. If you're saying it is a combo of KK and KM then it is a knock on both of them because their contributions individually were pretty marginal.

What are the key defensive pieces we lost this year you speak of?

Yes, we were not blown out of as many games, but we had 4 losses last year decided by 3 pts or less. This year we had 4 losses decided by 3 pts or less. Yes, the season isn't over so maybe we get more wins or close losses, but this same time last year we had 3 wins, same as right now.

If KK eeks out two more wins then it makes the case for him much better. But just because you made a bad offense better after getting the #1 QB and other picks on offense while making a below avg D bad doesn't make a strong case.

You could argue that KK isn't responsible for the D and the blame lays with the DC, but by that logic Wilks wouldn't have been responsible for the O since he was a defensive guy and the fault should lay with the OC, not him.

There are factors like:
1) does management see continued leadership and a clear vision of the future with said HC
2) is the locker room still behind the coach
3) the win loss record aside, are you seeing improvement on the field

and more.

its not just records. The chargers fired a HC after a 14 win season.