Yes or No: Are you happy with this team's direction?

Are you happy with this team's direction?

• Total voters

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No. The Cards won't win with Kingsbury leading the charge. I can't think of one thing he's done to give me any optimism. He's been terrible at situational football. He doesn't seem to be any type of disciplinarian. He doesn't look to be improving at all. His offense, not surprisingly, hasn't translated very well to the NFL and he doesn't make adjustments. And lastly, I know David Johnson deserves blame as well, but he's basically eliminated one of the top weapons in the NFL and sits him on the bench. KK has to get some of the blame for that. One of the jobs of the HC is to motivate your players. Do you ever see Seattle's RB's playing lackadaisical? To me, the Cards, other than Larry, lack intensity and that is a reflection of the HC.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
No.

Murray is a good QB.

Not sold on Kingsbury.

I think the front office is inept, and to make it worse, I think the Cardinals are trying to improve the front office by getting rid of people who are not on board with Kiem's philosophies. Thus why our drafting seems to get worse and they keep making the same mistakes.

This organization had a great defensive core. They destroyed it.

The Cardinals seem to love to get rid of proven talent for the sake of oft-injured players, players who take the money and run, and offensive linemen who bust out.

There is a lot wrong with the team, and starus quo is saying sub-average is acceptable.

The Cardinals seem to make desperate moves and lack a pragmatic approach with a clear goal.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I was convinced all week that the Cards were going to win Sunday. Stopped following the game early on when it looked like all was lost. Been avoiding reading too much about it (including here)...trying to concentrate on other stuff to distract myself. (Shiny object!)

Not sure what to make of anything now.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well I'd be happy to answer this question if I knew what the actual direction was! Defense has no direction we all know that, I have no idea what the FO is doing or what the big plans are to fix things, I'm still waiting for this revolutionary offense that was kept too secret for the whole off-season, apart from a few gadget plays and misdirections, I'm not seeing anything different that other teams are doing. I like KM and hope he becomes our QBOF cuz he's young and fun to watch but he's nowhere near that yet and expected more from a no#1 overall pick, on the other side of that he is still very raw as far as experience with 1 yr as a starter in college to starting in the NFL
I am literally just as perplexed and unsure as I was during preseason lol

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Satisfied the team is heading in right direction.
Upcoming draft and free agency is do or die for S.K. though.
Some very good assistant coaches including O-line and Special teams are in place. QBOTF and head coach are in place.
The key now is upgrading the talent, especially on the offensive and defensive lines and at linebacker.

However, if this team is not 500 or above next season, there should be some serious housecleaning IMO.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Based on polling so far, more people than not think the team is heading in right direction. Color me surprised.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
At any given time, about 22 NFL teams are on the search for a QB. The Cardinals ARE NOT one of them. Let that sink in.

That bodes well for mass improvement in the immediate future. We win 6 to 8 games next year and then look out after that!

22 teams looking for a QB>=?Pulling that number out of your ass doesn`t make it true.Let that sink in.Mass improvement will not happen until both lines get fixed.Better LBs etc;Maybe you like style points but I prefer wins.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The bar is low. Remember last season.

How is it possible many think the team is in right direction with a brand new QB (again) the team is better by half a game from last season and has lost 5 consecutive games?

Given the many fans bar being so low, no wonder Cardinals franchise never has to work to build a sustained winning team/culture.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
How is it possible many think the team is in right direction with a brand new QB (again) the team is better by half a game from last season and has lost 5 consecutive games?

Given the many fans bar being so low, no wonder Cardinals franchise never has to work to build a sustained winning team/culture.
The offense is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than last season. And that is with a rookie coach with no NFL experience and a rookie quarterback. The offense is undeniably headed in the right direction.
The defense is a basket case.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
The offense is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than last season. And that is with a rookie coach with no NFL experience and a rookie quarterback. The offense is undeniably headed in the right direction.
The defense is a basket case.

last I heard team included both sides of the ball.As for the offense... terrible REDZONE play is not heading in the right direction.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the general manager position so I guess I have to say no.

It's not saying the Cardinals haven't gotten some things right but all that dead money and missed draft picks tell a story.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the general manager position so I guess I have to say no.

It's not saying the Cardinals haven't gotten some things right but all that dead money and missed draft picks tell a story.

Hard to argue this, even though I voted Yes.

I wanted Keim gone, the moment he signed Bradford. I was so angry at that signing and still angry about it. 3QBs, not on the roster, accounting for 16M in dead cap.

Because of Murray, I have optimism about the franchise. With that said, I would be giddy if we somehow get rid of Keim.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
last I heard team included both sides of the ball.As for the offense... terrible REDZONE play is not heading in the right direction.
Last I heard, the question was asking their opinion on the TEAM'S direction.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No. The Cards won't win with Kingsbury leading the charge. I can't think of one thing he's done to give me any optimism. He's been terrible at situational football. He doesn't seem to be any type of disciplinarian. He doesn't look to be improving at all. His offense, not surprisingly, hasn't translated very well to the NFL and he doesn't make adjustments. And lastly, I know David Johnson deserves blame as well, but he's basically eliminated one of the top weapons in the NFL and sits him on the bench. KK has to get some of the blame for that. One of the jobs of the HC is to motivate your players. Do you ever see Seattle's RB's playing lackadaisical? To me, the Cards, other than Larry, lack intensity and that is a reflection of the HC.
You can’t even think of one thing? The offense is miles better than last year and he is doing it with very similar talent to what we had last year when we were historically bad. It’s certainly fair to not be sold on him, but at least be reasonable with you assessment.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Offense AND DEFENSE are both part of the team unless in your world the whole team doesn`t count except for your personal Murray lovefest.

Cool.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last I heard I said NO. I am not happy in the direction this team is heading.

I was quoting you, quoting TotallyRed, but whatever.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim needs to go, the FO needs a major shake up. I get the feeling there are instutional problems beyond just the bad drafts and deals. I'd like a new culture and a new GM with a fresh set of eyes for scouting and evaluation.

This is really my concern too. We've had 4 straight losing seasons now and the roster is in shambles. We have a HC, solid offensive coaches, a QB, a few decent O-linemen, some young WRs, Kenyan Drake, Jordan Hicks, and Chandler Jones. Everyone else could be gone and I wouldn't care. It's a seriously weak roster right now and there's no excuse for it with several seasons with high draft picks. I really like Steve Keim and I want to see him successful, but this team looks like successful cap management right now, not successful roster management.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You can’t even think of one thing? The offense is miles better than last year and he is doing it with very similar talent to what we had last year when we were historically bad. It’s certainly fair to not be sold on him, but at least be reasonable with you assessment.
Being a bit better than historically bad is not a reason for optimism from me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really my concern too. We've had 4 straight losing seasons now and the roster is in shambles. We have a HC, solid offensive coaches, a QB, a few decent O-linemen, some young WRs, Kenyan Drake, Jordan Hicks, and Chandler Jones. Everyone else could be gone and I wouldn't care. It's a seriously weak roster right now and there's no excuse for it with several seasons with high draft picks. I really like Steve Keim and I want to see him successful, but this team looks like successful cap management right now, not successful roster management.

I mean I guess you could call it successful after this year with all of that cap space. For the past couple though, we have been in cap hell with all of the dead money.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave