Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this which I thought was interesting:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Suns are actually generating the second-highest number of open 3 point shots in the league, but are connecting at a poor rate (below average though hard to tell the actual ranking from that image).
That’s incredibly frustrating to me because imo the trade off for adding less athletic players seemed to be superior shooting. So even with GREAT opportunities being generated that plan isn’t paying off.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
That’s incredibly frustrating to me because imo the trade off for adding less athletic players seemed to be superior shooting. So even with GREAT opportunities being generated that plan isn’t paying off.
Take Kaminsky and Bridges out and probably looks a lot better. Feel like they’ve missed a lot of open shots.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

On the other hand, it could be looked at as a positive. It means the system we're running is generating the high value opportunities we want, more than almost every other team in the league. Schematically, we're a good offensive basketball team. Now, we might be due some positive regression, but at the very least this is additional evidence that we're on the right path and Monty is the real deal.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Saric and Kaminsky can get a pass on the 3 point shooting, they've been trying to cover the block with no other help defense or shot alterer/blocker behind them. Ayton has to go and screw things up, Baynes injuries and Diallo with the sickness.

Bridges and Cam are still young-ish, need to fill out and add strength. Cam is a great set shooter, i think teams have been trying to run him off the 3pt line.

Bridges, they're letting him shoot. What i've noticed on Bridges is that he tries to measure it up, which makes his shot slower and longer, when he was shooting with no thought he had a quicker release which is something I noticed in summer league watching him in live action. Lately, his 3pt shot confidence is way down, but i've like him attacking the rim although he still needs strength in finishing, also it just seems like he's afraid of being blocked or hammered while attacking the rim.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take Kaminsky and Bridges out and probably looks a lot better. Feel like they’ve missed a lot of open shots.

Kaminsky yes but Bridges just hasn't shot enough 3's to really make a difference, he only has 24 total misses from distance. Even if everyone of his misses were wide open it would only be slightly more than 1 miss per game. From watching the games I'd say that Kaminsky and Oubre have the most wide open misses from the arc followed probably by Devin. Percentage wise, I'd bet that Rubio has had a lot of wide open misses too but like Mikal he doesn't take as many as the other guys.

All told though I'd say Kaminsky has easily caused us the most problems from the 3 point line. Especially when you consider his wide open misses in addition all the times he's just passed out of a wide open three - or hesitated just long enough for the defense to recover.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His guard rotation can only leave you guessing. They've all started, backup'd, recorded a DNP...idk if that reflects our depth which i thought we had OR reflects that other than Rubio we have no justified backup.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Bridges has been playing well but I didn't realize he had scored in double figure 4 straight games.

Keep it going.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know Bridges has been playing well but I didn't realize he had scored in double figure 4 straight games.

Keep it going.

Before the 4 games he was trying to be more aggressive but had trouble finishing near the rim, unsure of himself whether he should finesse it or dunk it. The last two games, Pelicans and Rockets, he's been going for the dunks...and its working. He quick and long enough to get up and finish the dunk quick. And now he's letting his 3pt shot without thought of measuring it up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before the 4 games he was trying to be more aggressive but had trouble finishing near the rim, unsure of himself whether he should finesse it or dunk it. The last two games, Pelicans and Rockets, he's been going for the dunks...and its working. He quick and long enough to get up and finish the dunk quick. And now he's letting his 3pt shot without thought of measuring it up.

The emergence of Bridges couldn't come at a better time. Now five straight games in double figures. He has always had the tools but sometimes it takes awhile to figure out the game.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was just there yesterday coincidentally. It’s a fine place. Not great but not bad. Disney is dominant.
I’m in Orlando now about to board JetBlue back to Los Angeles. I like it, but Disney World isn’t worth the money IMO. Universal though...

Weather has been spectacular for the past few days though...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
when or how to get the best flight rates? I priced for 4 people about 3K, is that normal? For a march trip to Disney and Universal in florida.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
when or how to get the best flight rates? I priced for 4 people about 3K, is that normal? For a march trip to Disney and Universal in florida.
I’m only doing a one way since I road tripped here last week. But my one way was only $175.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose