Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet he wanted to be released..

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tramaine Brock is a Vance Joseph guy. Vance has gone to him when he has needed a player in the secondary who knows his scheme and can execute it. Keim cutting Brock is taking away one of the more knowledgeable players in the secondary. When you have a young, inexperienced secondary that doesn't know what it is doing, you don't cut one of the few players who actually fits in the scheme unless you don't really care about making the defense better. Keim is engineering and ensuring a dumpster fire defense over the rest of the year to shift blame and attention from himself to Vance. This all in hopes that firing Vance will give people their pound of flesh and keep him safe.
I'm pretty sure Vance has already shown his defense is a dumpster fire way before this happened.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PaCardsFan, if we get a top five pick, who or what position do we target in round one?

BPA with the exception of QB. We have so many holes on D, that it would be hard to bypass a D-Lineman or LB. But, if the best WR in the country fell to us, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Some guy on here said yesterday that Brock was an Pro Bowler - some Pro Bowler

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
New dead money figure:

$45,532,322

WTG, Steve Keim

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
New dead money figure:

$45,532,322

WTG, Steve Keim

i have to believe that MB is thinking to himself: $45mm of my money for guys not on the team.

the crazy thing is: we aren't even into 2020, an its looking likely that between Philon, David Johnson and Terrel Suggs, they will have $20mm in dead money for next year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brock sucks! With the Bengals, Skins, and Dolphins winning, our pick is getting better by the week. Keep cutting the old farts, give the young guys playing time, and maybe we'll get another top 5 pick. Merry Christmas!!!
Only young guys to play are Chris Jones & Kevin Peterson. Peterson has already played a ton in the absence of Brock. Chris Jones just can't cut it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i have to believe that MB is thinking to himself: $45mm of my money for guys not on the team.

the crazy thing is: we aren't even into 2020, an its looking likely that between Philon, David Johnson and Terrel Suggs, they will have $20mm in dead money for next year.
Suggs shouldn't be figured into that, his contract is up after this season.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the game thread yesterday, I said that Brock shouldn't be a rotation player on an NFL team at this point in his career, so I understand the move from a talent perspective.

The problem is that there isn't anyone more talented to take his place. We don't have any former mid-round picks who have been waiting for an opportunity. We have a couple of fringe roster guys who have already proven they don't deserve more snaps. Chris Jones went from starter to released already this year. It's not like we don't know what kind of player he is. Brock is bad, but the players behind him are worse.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In the game thread yesterday, I said that Brock shouldn't be a rotation player on an NFL team at this point in his career, so I understand the move from a talent perspective.

The problem is that there isn't anyone more talented to take his place. We don't have any former mid-round picks who have been waiting for an opportunity. We have a couple of fringe roster guys who have already proven they don't deserve more snaps. Chris Jones went from starter to released already this year. It's not like we don't know what kind of player he is. Brock is bad, but the players behind him are worse.
On a defensive secondary where people don't know where the they are supposed to be, cutting one of the few guys that does doesn't make sense from a competitive standpoint.

The bigger issue in my mind is that Chandler Jones seems to be coasting. If that is the case, it probably means Vance has lost the confidence of the defensive players.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suggs has dead money built into his deal. A second year automatically voids and carries dead money into 2020.
That sounds like a stupid deal to make by SK. He should only be on a 1 yr prove it deal, considering his age. I'm not a contract guru but there should be no money paid to him in 2020 imo.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That sounds like a stupid deal to make by SK. He should only be on a 1 yr prove it deal, considering his age. I'm not a contract guru but there should be no money paid to him in 2020 imo.
There is no money being paid next year to him, just $2 million of the bonus was spread to next year's cap. Deal was 1yr $7 million, $5 million counted this year and $2 next. I'm sure it was done this way to give more flexibility this season

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson