Murray’s Performance

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If kyler doesn’t move the ball downfield more and continues with the dink and dunk Alex Smith will be a very apt comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the question is if Kyler doesn't throw any TDs but also doesn't turn the ball over, and the Cards win, does that mean he played poorly? I argue that he didn't.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
No, the question is if Kyler doesn't throw any TDs but also doesn't turn the ball over, and the Cards win, does that mean he played poorly? I argue that he didn't.

It means he didn’t do what a quarterback in this eras NFL needs to do to win Super Bowls. If we wasted a #1 pick on a guy who you are content with not throwing TD as long as he doesn’t throw picks what are we even doing. Yes if kyler goes 20/35 for 225yds no TDs and no INT I will see that as not being good enough.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It means he didn’t do what a quarterback in this eras NFL needs to do to win Super Bowls. If we wasted a #1 pick on a guy who you are content with not throwing TD as long as he doesn’t throw picks what are we even doing. Yes if kyler goes 20/35 for 225yds no TDs and no INT I will see that as not being good enough.

If this is what happens, we didn’t upgrade much over what the ceiling was for Rosen. We were supposed to draft a playmaker.

Kyler puts up good stats in a loss, and it doesn't matter because wins are all that matters.
He wins with mediocre stats and it doesn't matter because he is expected to throw for 400 yards and 4TDs per game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler puts up good stats in a loss, and it doesn't matter because wins are all that matters.
He wins with mediocre stats and it doesn't matter because he is expected to throw for 400 yards and 4TDs per game.
I'm a pretty sure that scoring more points is how you win games in the NFL. If your QB does not contribute in that area, he is a bad QB, even if you end up winning the games. That is what winning DESPITE your QB looks like.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can talk football all day but to argue the merits of if murray is any good or not for 8 months is some tired stuff.
As soon as he proves he’s good, we’ll be arguing how good he is, and then we’ll argue about whether he’s as good as he used to be, until we start arguing if he’s good enough anymore or if we should trade him and move on.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty sure that scoring more points is how you win games in the NFL. If your QB does not contribute in that area, he is a bad QB, even if you end up winning the games. That is what winning DESPITE your QB looks like.

Sure.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As soon as he proves he’s good, we’ll be arguing how good he is, and then we’ll argue about whether he’s as good as he used to be, until we start arguing if he’s good enough anymore or if we should trade him and move on.

for sure. I'll participate in a thread or two

than it'll be every thread on asfn for 3 months

Did we suck too much to even bother with heroes and goats? I felt so right away. I might even work sunday and just avoid the pittsburgh game altogether at this point. Cant wait for the offseason so we can maybe stop being stuck in the mud.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If Kyler has a couple games a season where that happens, no big deal, even the best have games where they didn't put up a ton and the rest of the team made it so they didn't have to.

If that's a recurring statistic and it starts to be the baseline for his career? Bad news.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk Cousins syndrome

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I think Kyler has played fine for the most part considering the state of this terrible team. I wasn’t expecting much going into this season so the fact that he hasn’t been bad is a positive for me. Get the right people in place to build a team around him and I think he’s a solid starter. Keep dicking around with Keim and they’ll ruin him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think Kyler has played fine for the most part considering the state of this terrible team. I wasn’t expecting much going into this season so the fact that he hasn’t been bad is a positive for me. Get the right people in place to build a team around him and I think he’s a solid starter. Keep dicking around with Keim and they’ll ruin him.
This is about how I feel. I would love a positive couple of games to end the season and energize Kyler into the offseason, but not enough to keep Keim, if that makes sense.

Reactions: HGC

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Let’s start with him winning some games against teams that aren’t drafting in the Top 10 with us.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Did this post come from December 2018?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s start with him winning some games against teams that aren’t drafting in the Top 10 with us.

Being competitive in all but 1 game this year is progress whether some like to admit it or not.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are times he looks like a gimmick player and there’s times he looks special. These things take years to figure out.

I'm not sure how anyone could argue this. Even as a gimmick, we have shown massive offensive improvement.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Did this post come from December 2018?

Rosen played poorly last year so I wouldn’t have made this post. Kyler has been ok. Maybe Josh would have shown more with this staff but that’s another discussion. What hasn’t changed is my low opinion of Keim when it comes to building a roster.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it’s a very strange world you live in where losses by 18, 17, 22, and 10 can be considered “competitive.”

You must look at the box score and not watch the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose