Hassan Reddick to OLB

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
He gets swallowed up by Offensive Tackles so good luck with this move Steve. We've seen this story before.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, if he can be a backup OLB and ILB then I guess that's better than nothing? We are locked into his contract next year anyway.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this seems like a parallel of his Temple career-

Safety, then LB...…… then Rush DE where he went from JAG to a top 40 NFL prospect

question on if he can set the edge in the run game, but I don't think anyone cares about the run defense these days...…..

Doesn't seem as though they care about pass defense either.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like this move for Cardinals. They need to keep "moving" Reddick until he is out of the building

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Actually I think Arians had a lot to do with Reddick being selected. I think the dynamics between Arians/Keim was like a father/son relationship with Dad having the last say or being the more experienced one so Arians had stronger influence on draft day.
That and FO were enamored with his Senior Bowl week, as were a lot of evaluators. That's when his stock really jumped up. And the Temple connection didn't hurt at all. Oh...and the usual first round positional hole that they pluged with in their mind best available. Cardinals draft status quo. Shoulda, woulda.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That and FO were enamored with his Senior Bowl week, as were a lot of evaluators. That's when his stock really jumped up. And the Temple connection didn't hurt at all. Oh...and the usual first round positional hole that they pluged with in their mind best available. Cardinals draft status quo. Shoulda, woulda.

This, and he was a great story at the time and seems like a truly decent guy who fit the mold of what they were trying to do character-wise. It didn't work, so they need to see if something else does while they still have to pay him. If not, move on. No more sitting around on sunk costs hoping they come to fruition. That lesson is clearly on display with Rosen / Murray.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
This, and he was a great story at the time and seems like a truly decent guy who fit the mold of what they were trying to do character-wise. It didn't work, so they need to see if something else does while they still have to pay him. If not, move on. No more sitting around on sunk costs hoping they come to fruition. That lesson is clearly on display with Rosen / Murray.
Still don't have a problem with the Murray pick. Even though it would'nt have been necessary if the FO had the balls to be proactive in getting in Palmers successor earlier then what they did.
With the state of their OL, it was a pretty egregious oversight not even having Lamar pegged as a first round pick the year they moved up for Rosen finally.
Something they tried to fix from the year before waiting on DeShaun or PMaholmes to fall into their laps. Hopefully they would'nt have been THAT stupid to pass if one did, but I would'nt necessarily put it past them, to fill their immediate HOLE.

Reactions: HGC