Suns @ Hornets Monday game thread 12-2-19

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oubre hit two 3s and knocked the ball off the Hornets a couple of times.

Just went back and watched it, wow, what a minute of play he put forth.

Oubre is our irrational self confident guy. Totally fearless... sometimes to a fault, he will absolutely sling the ball up when other guys are shying away from shooting. Kind of like a Gerald Green, only with defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went back and watched it, wow, what a minute of play he put forth.

Oubre is our irrational self confident guy. Totally fearless... sometimes to a fault, he will absolutely sling the ball up when other guys are shying away from shooting. Kind of like a Gerald Green, only with defense.

A team needs one or two of those guys in close games.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Awesome first half, ugly second half until the very end. I'll take the win any way they can get it now, but they should have destroyed the Hornets by 20+ points. I can't wait for Ayton to get back. Saric and Kaminsky are fine for a PF rotation, but they really need a real Center rotation. I guess any team would look bad without their Center rotation, especially if they happen to be two of their four best players.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
As Booker should be doing.

Did the Suns mess with his head so much last season
that he can't find his role? Scorer!
His stroke is just off a bit right now. He's getting others involved though and getting down and dirty more defensively. That dunk the other night was sweet too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Booker has NEVER been known to jack up shots, sometimes to a fault.

You... are... absolutely... absurd.

Those games don't count, just like how Cam's game tonight doesn't count since he went 2-4 from the field. The only games that count are ones that help push a certain narrative.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oubre missed his first 7 3’s then made his last two.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Oubre missed his first 7 3’s then made his last two.
The Suns and the League have gone overboard in long distance shooting. Evidently including Oubre.

But with the game on the line, he made two to secure the victory. Isn't that what we call clutch?

For whatever reason, since Booker has regressed in that area, even if it is from double-teaming,
it's good for the Suns that Oubre has had the ability to step up and fill that void, which is the
best way to discourage double-teaming.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns and the League have gone overboard in long distance shooting. Evidently including Oubre.

But with the game on the line, he made two to secure the victory. Isn't that what we call clutch?

For whatever reason, since Booker has regressed in that area, even if it is from double-teaming,
it's good for the Suns that Oubre has had the ability to step up and fill that void, which is the
best way to discourage double-teaming.

I wouldn't say Booker's outside shooting has regressed, he's in a slump. Throughout the first dozen games or so he was shooting almost 50% from 3. He'll get it going again. It's not like he put up a donut either. 24 points, 3-10 from 3 and 7-15 from the field as a whole. He missed 1 shot that wasn't a 3 and if 1 of those misses from 3 went in, he'd be shooting above the league average. He's shooting 41.9% on the year, which is a big improvement from the 32.6% he shot last year.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Booker's outside shooting has regressed, he's in a slump. Throughout the first dozen games or so he was shooting almost 50% from 3. He'll get it going again. It's not like he put up a donut either. 24 points, 3-10 from 3 and 7-15 from the field as a whole. He missed 1 shot that wasn't a 3 and if 1 of those misses from 3 went in, he'd be shooting above the league average. He's shooting 41.9% on the year, which is a big improvement from the 32.6% he shot last year.

I wasn't referring to DBook's stats per game. I was referring to his regression
in making superstar shots with the game on the line. And his turnovers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His stroke is just off a bit right now. He's getting others involved though and getting down and dirty more defensively. That dunk the other night was sweet too.

Only 4 assists for the amount of time he had the ball in his hands, played 38 minutes with 5 turnovers i think. He's starting to hold the ball too long again and dribble the clock away.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to DBook's stats per game. I was referring to his regression
in making superstar shots with the game on the line. And his turnovers.

He's putting up good numbers, but i'm with you in that he doesn't come through when needed.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Only 4 assists for the amount of time he had the ball in his hands, played 38 minutes with 5 turnovers i think. He's starting to hold the ball too long again and dribble the clock away.

Rubio had 13 assists... Booker was 2nd on the team with his 4. The team would’ve had to have shot over 50% for Booker to have more assists last night. Heck, look at Charlotte’s stats as they essentially mirror the Suns. Same shooting %, with Graham leading them in assist with 13 and everyone else at no more than 4.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio had 13 assists... Booker was 2nd on the team with his 4. The team would’ve had to have shot over 50% for Booker to have more assists last night. Heck, look at Charlotte’s stats as they essentially mirror the Suns. Same shooting %, with Graham leading them in assist with 13 and everyone else at no more than 4.

Jerome 4 assists and no turnovers, less minutes. Kaminsky 4 assists and 1 turnover, less minutes. Everyone could have had more assists if shots were falling.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, we are learning how important leadership at the center position is to good defense.

Missing Ayton, Baynes, and Diallo. That is our entire center rotation. We really need our big men back.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Devin had 23 points but he doesn't look Booker. Maybe it will worth it in the end but I miss the old Booker.

If he had played like the old Booker he would have shot us right out of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose