Will Murray be starting QB for 2020 Cardinals?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Guys calm down I've been watching this team since the 70s well before the bye was initiated and I cant really remember a year where they didn't completely stink after a bye so its just the same Ole Cards to me as To Kingsbury Im realy not to impressed I also predicted it could very well be one and done for him and the staff even last night the Patriots if all teams sucked

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, I am not trying to troll. Didn't Palmer force himself out of Bengals? Murray has been a winner through out his life. Why do you guys think there is a zero probability that Murray's camp sees this franchise is stuck in Rock bottom of NFC West and wants to move on?

Murray will be the starter if not for the case above.

I will say the probability of Murray's camp doing the above at about 10% this year.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Because Palmer played SEVEN years in Cincy with a team that kept drafting guys with proven behavioral issues and then acting surprised when they got in trouble (Chris henry for example). He finally got sick of it so he essentially retired to get out of there. He was 31, had gone through a major knee surgery, and realized I might not have that many years left I'm tired of waiting for them to wake up and hire good football people.

Kyler has played ONE year, he's 22. Apparently the NFL changed the rule after Jameis Winston so you couldn't put a no baseball clause in the contract but the Cards got specific guarantees in the contract that make it far less likely Murray would walk away.

Look anything can happen his dad did it, but then his dad wasn't one of the best rookies in the NFL when he did it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Starters worth bringing back in 2020: Murray, Chandler Jones, Zane Gonzalez, P2 (being generous given how terrific P2 was for all those years except this), Maxx Williams, Corey Peters, Andy Lee, JR Sweezey. So Cardinals need around 15 new offensive and defensive starters. It doesn't matter how much cap space is there and high pick the Cardinals will have. This cannot be done in one offseason or two.

The early 2020 outlook and beyond for a Cardinals team who lost their lunch and got kicked in their groin at their own house by a 3rd place team in the division is abysmal. You can dice the situation twice, thrice or more, the Cardinals will not be a threat in 2020 no more. This is worse than Suns futility given the parity of NFL as Cardinals already are on four non-winning seasons and counting..

At this point, It would be a surprise if Kyler Murray doesn't ask for release from Cardinals (that is demand a trade to another team) in the off-season given the state of affairs. When the Cardinals refuse, remember, Kyler Murray's contract doesn't have any contract stopping him pursuing baseball.

If it comes to that, I for one will not blame Kyler Murray. Will you?
No way he asks for a trade in the offseason. In another yr or two after that we still stink, maybe that changes? Just don't see it this soon. He knows why he was drafted first, knew he was going to a team with lots of holes. Every QB drafted #1 knows they aren't getting drafted by a playoff team.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
IF...they put up 4 more stink azz games, I wouldn't rule out him maybe recalculating his future. That was a complete azz whipping. A feeble attempt at pro football.

This franchise isn't close personel wise to anyone in this division.

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Dunno! Does he like to bet on NFL games with his ‘roid/weed dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The bigger question is, will the sun rise in the morning? I mean think about it, it's used to being warm and providing heat and people keep complaining that it's TOO hot so maybe the sun decides to move to a different solar system, it's a different era now stranger things have happened

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is Mike Sando from The Athletic FWIW.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it FWIW but one of the bay area sports guys says they would be very surprised if Kyler went back to baseball anytime soon, it would take a near total failure, and we haven't seen it, for him to do that. His reasoning has been very simple, Murray's rookie deal is over 35million fully guaranteed with over 23 million in signing bonus, his signing bonus with the A's was 4.6 million. The A's got permission from MLB to sign him to a major league contract which would have guaranteed more but Kyler wanted 15 guaranteed and the A's apparently balked at that not clear how much they were actually willing to give up. So Kyler forfeited his signing bonus when he signed our deal.

If he goes back to baseball, the major league contract offer is presumably off the table, MLB only made an exception because he was high profile, he'd have had a major league contract but been allowed to play in the minors, if he switches later to have a major league contract he has to be in the majors and there's no way he starts in Oakland if he goes to baseball.

There's another guy who's on periodically who insists the A's were somewhat lucky Murray chose football he said based on what they saw in the brief time after they drafted him scouts in baseball weren't convinced Murray would ever be able to hit a curveball. They said he had the arm and the speed but they expected it would take him awhile to learn to hit a curveball if he ever did.

Note, when discussing him before he committed to football local people were saying the a's were comparing him to Rickey Henderson, so the new stuff is completely different.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
dude. Been watching you all season and was wondering when it would come to a head.
you need to get help, crack is very bad and hitting rock bottom like this can destroy your life.
please, as one football fan to another, get help before it is too late.... hate to see you die on that stuff.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Thanks for the nice words in the last ten or so posts. Keep it coming.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Someone in the FO told me that the starting QB, next year, is a toss up between KM and Arz101. Coaches prefer Arz101, but they are afraid he'll quit FB and become a full time poster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose