A thank you to Steve Keim

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
IMO, one thing is certain. Vance Joseph absolutely must be fired after the season. Even with supposedly inferior talent, this defense shows absolutely no improvement week to week. His schemes are pathetic, and his ability to coach up or motivate anyone is completely absent.

I have been of the belief that Keim would see another year before being firmly placed on the hot seat. One thing that has always driven the Bidwill's to act is when we get throttled at home against a division rival. A game like yesterday, especially coming off a bye, may very well be what it takes for MB to start thinking it's time to replace Keim also. How they finish this season will now dictate what MB does. I'm pretty certain that if we get pummeled again like we did yesterday, Keim's days in the desert may be over.

If it took yesterday before MB would even START thinking it's time to replace Keim, we will never again win as an organization, because that would be inexcusable stupidity. Whether or not he ever pulled the trigger/will pull the trigger, he HAD to know Keim has not been good for a while now. It HAS to have been a consideration. Homerism/blind loyalty to a guy HAS to have limits.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What I want to know is how did guys in scouting dept get promoted beginning of season? smh

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It’s going to be funny listening to the load of crap Bidwill try’s to sell us when he brings Keimvback next year.
If they retain Keim it's only because Keim lets MB meddle in the personnel department.

I'm telling ya, not many qualified personnel guys would take a job where the owner is as hands-on as Bidwill. Ironically the one decision MB should have forced on Keim (trading PP last month), MB was asleep at the wheel and Keim kept washed PP to try and save his job.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they retain Keim it's only because Keim lets MB meddle in the personnel department.

I'm telling ya, not many qualified personnel guys would take a job where the owner is as hands-on as Bidwill. Ironically the one decision MB should have forced on Keim (trading PP last month), MB was asleep at the wheel and Keim kept washed PP to try and save his job.

Just kinda curious where you get the "MB meddle in the personnel department". In one breath you're saying Bidwill is hands on and the next "MB was asleep at the wheel" I guess meaning that he didn't meddle or be hands on and let Keim make the decisio . SMH. :rolleyes:. Are you guessing at these comments, making them up or have some credible knowledge?

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Gotta go. I’m watching Seahawks and Vikings right now playing relevant football. Talking about week 10 Hawks and 9ers. So tired of being an irrelevant team.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes. by all means, blame the Defensive Coordinator who sucks... not the guy who hired him.

They BOTH need to go. How anyone keeps defending Keim is beyond me.

Whether it’s right or wrong, you’ve followed this franchise long enough to know that the Bidwill’s will fire their DC long before they’ll consider firing their GM.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Whether it’s right or wrong, you’ve followed this franchise long enough to know that the Bidwill’s will fire their DC long before they’ll consider firing their GM.

yes

but Mike B did let Rod Graves go …… the same RG that was GM for their sole SB run.

Also, don't underestimate how difficult that was on a personal level for the Bidwill family--

Part of what made it easier for Mike is that he had a known quantity in Keim he was moving to-

its why I believe that if Keim goes, Adrian Wilson becomes the GM. It would be keeping with some Bidwill habits: preference for "in the building", former Cardinal player/legend (Larry Wilson was the GM for some time, actually wasn't bad)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes

but Mike B did let Rod Graves go …… the same RG that was GM for their sole SB run.

Also, don't underestimate how difficult that was on a personal level for the Bidwill family--

Part of what made it easier for Mike is that he had a known quantity in Keim he was moving to-

its why I believe that if Keim goes, Adrian Wilson becomes the GM. It would be keeping with some Bidwill habits: preference for "in the building", former Cardinal player/legend (Larry Wilson was the GM for some time, actually wasn't bad)

Don’t forget that MB fired BOTH Graves & Wiz in one fell swoop. Much easier to fire your GM, when your HC is heading out the door with him. And there’s absolutely no way KK is heading out the door. Exactly why I think VJ will get canned before SK does. A better bet is that neither end up getting fired this year.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Don’t forget that MB fired BOTH Graves & Wiz in one fell swoop. Much easier to fire your GM, when your HC is heading out the door with him. And there’s absolutely no way KK is heading out the door. Exactly why I think VJ will get canned before SK does. A better bet is that neither end up getting fired this year.
This is what I am thinking and fearing the most. I don't think Keim is going even if we lose out, I still think there's a chance VJ gets fired but who knows

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. The league is so desperate for offensive coaches to groom young QBs that he would have been scooped up. Whether we always like how he is going about things, his ability to keep the #1 pick overall healthy, productive, and mitigate an average offensive line is something that GMs and owners really value. Getting and keeping the QB right ensures people continue to have employment for the most part. Organizations want stability, continuity, offense and a young QB to market to fans. Kliff checks these boxes.
Do you still believe this? I just don’t think a guy guiding a middling ranked offense of what is likely a 4-11-1 team becomes a hot commodity as a head coaching candidate when that’s his line season coaching in the NFL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is really the sword you're going to fall on, huh?

Bruce Arians and his staff coached us out of that disaster, it wasn't the wonderful depth Keim acquired for us.
Pretty sure Bruce was calling a lot of the shots or at least highly influencing many of Keims decisions. Not excusing SK at all...the culpability spreads further than him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hahahaha, Keim is the one who picked Joseph! One year after he picked McCoy.

The fact that this fat drunk philandering moron has defenders is beyond me. I swear he must employ all his bartenders part-time to go online and defend him.
When was he a philanderer? I don't recall that article.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk