Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big shot by Oubre to cut it to 2.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as these losses fall on Ayton, James Jones deserves some blame as well. There is no reason to keep an open Two-Way spot right now when this team is in desperate need of a big. Big Sauce is available, dammit! I know he's undersized but he can play PF/C in the NBA. He's done it before and he's young enough that he's worth looking at again. I'd say they can do worse but they are doing worse.

That presumes he would have considered a two way spot not to mention the fact that we simply don't know why we let him go in the first place. And while I liked Williams, it seems to me he did absolutely nothing for us except when he was paired with Ulis.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Not like the Suns are so good that we should be disappointed by the way they WON.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whew! another W closer to staying close to .500 and getting Ayton back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job by rubio hitting fts

He is lucky I was not the coach as I was ready to sub Jerome for him. :p

Rubio's passing was great but he was ice cold from the field.

He had 13 assists, 4 steals and a block in addition to 9 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin had 23 points but he doesn't look Booker. Maybe it will worth it in the end but I miss the old Booker.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That presumes he would have considered a two way spot not to mention the fact that we simply don't know why we let him go in the first place. And while I liked Williams, it seems to me he did absolutely nothing for us except when he was paired with Ulis.

Of course there is the question of whether he would accept a Two-Way deal or not but I recall Gambo spoke with him not that long ago and he said that he would be interested in coming back to the Suns. I can't recall when that was, I believe I posted about it here though, I'll see if I can find it.

I was mainly tossing a name out there as someone who might be available. The Suns could use another big. There is no denying that. Who, is definitely up for debate. I know a Two-Way player isn't that promising but I think Diallo is essentially on that level and if we had a version of Diallo that was 2 inches taller then we wouldn't be so thin in the frontcourt and be stuck watching guys like Marvin Williams have their way with the Suns in the paint.

Found it, it's from the Ayton suspension thread.
Thought I'd put it here also, Gambo apparently spoke with Big Sauce and he's available. He's playing in Russia right now but could be signed by the Suns as he's available. The Suns could go with a Two-Way deal since they have a full roster but have 1 Two-Way contract available.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As much as these losses fall on Ayton, James Jones deserves some blame as well. There is no reason to keep an open Two-Way spot right now when this team is in desperate need of a big. Big Sauce is available, dammit! I know he's undersized but he can play PF/C in the NBA. He's done it before and he's young enough that he's worth looking at again. I'd say they can do worse but they are doing worse.

Just FYI, I was completely lambasted here when I harped on the need to sign a two-way big in the offseason.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Hoop Head

I wouldn't be surprised the Suns are not trying to trade one of their point guards to clear space for a big.

Knicks look like they could use a point guard.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had to run out in the last few minutes, we were down by like 4 or 5 points and looked terrible... what the heck happened?!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
see, this game highlights the biggest problem with Book as your #1 option on a true-blue title contender. He's a very very good scorer, but he's not a guy who's that superstar that can "stop the bleeding" by attacking the basket at will, getting to the line when his 3 isn't falling and putting the other team in a bad position in the penalty and just stop the bleeding no matter what.

again, he's a very very good player. But he's not a dominant force in any aspect of the game and that's what a #1 on a title winning team needs to be.
Yeah, it's currently far too easy to gameplan Booker out of being effective. He's still young enough where that's something he can build up (especially with all the attention he gets defensively) but it's limiting his impact for sure.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to run out in the last few minutes, we were down by like 4 or 5 points and looked terrible... what the heck happened?!

Oubre hit two 3s and knocked the ball off the Hornets a couple of times.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
see, this game highlights the biggest problem with Book as your #1 option on a true-blue title contender. He's a very very good scorer, but he's not a guy who's that superstar that can "stop the bleeding" by attacking the basket at will, getting to the line when his 3 isn't falling and putting the other team in a bad position in the penalty and just stop the bleeding no matter what.

again, he's a very very good player. But he's not a dominant force in any aspect of the game and that's what a #1 on a title winning team needs to be.

Booker was terrible in the 3rd. Air ball. Turnovers. Stupid foul for an and1.

Coaches faults, screening for Booker...this just leads to an instant double. I would actually like to see more iso plays for Booker.