Kyler Murray Stats vs. LARM

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Murray is going to be the focus of almost every discussion about the offense because our entire offseason revolved around getting his coach and revamping the entire offense and our future approach around him as a player. We lost a good amount in draft capital to make him the face of our franchise, and we will go as he goes.

This is frankly the most pressing topic on the board.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am 100% in favor of discussing the play of the QB...however, after a game like yesterday, where it was crystal clear - at least to me - that the ENTIRE team chose not to show up, it seems all but pointless to pick apart Murray's play. To illustrate the point - this thread has yet to produce any meaningful dialogue about his play... He sucked. But the entire team sucked. Would you care to elaborate on how Murray's play cost us the game?? Or, how his play should give us all reason for grave concern??

Oh, you mean your post about Josh Rosen was meant to forward this discussion you're not requesting?

Did Murray's sack on 3rd and 5 for -12 yards in Rams territory help produce a win? The score was 3-0.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, you mean your post about Josh Rosen was meant to forward this discussion you're not requesting?

Did Murray's sack on 3rd and 5 for -12 yards in Rams territory help produce a win? The score was 3-0.

Did the Oline attempt to block anyone all day? How many sacks did he avoid with his elusiveness? Would a non mobile QB even have survived this game? Just seems like a way to pick on the most talented player in this team IMO...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

LMAO... I'll raise the White Flag K9... Yes, Murray's play cost us the game yesterday. I look forward to your additional contributions in this thread, that will further support how Murray's play kept the Cards from victory yesterday. ;)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am 100% in favor of discussing the play of the QB...however, after a game like yesterday, where it was crystal clear - at least to me - that the ENTIRE team chose not to show up, it seems all but pointless to pick apart Murray's play. To illustrate the point - this thread has yet to produce any meaningful dialogue about his play... He sucked. But the entire team sucked. Would you care to elaborate on how Murray's play cost us the game?? Or, how his play should give us all reason for grave concern??

He is the leader of the team right? Its his job to Rally the troops and get them on point to being a competitive team IMO.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He is the leader of the team right? Its his job to Rally the troops and get them on point to being a competitive team IMO.

Really Shane? How many rookies assume the "leader of the team" position in their first year?? No question that as the season has worn on, Murray should be slowly taking on more of a leadership role. It's been pointed out on several occasions that he is often the "only" guy on offense who comprehends a certain play, and is therefore often directing and leading players in-game. But to expect him to be "the leader of the team" at this point? C'mon man...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a complete team loss... from coaching, to QB, to offense, and defense.

With that said, I thought people like Ouchie were being hyperbolic about the coaching on this team. Performing this poorly, after a bye, is really disheartening and making me think twice.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His worst game of the season.

Coming off his best game of the season.

As Trent Dilfer said on Colin Cowherd....in the Air Raid offense transition to the NFL they'll be really high highs (San Fran) and really low lows (Rams)

Last two games are evidence of that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really Shane? How many rookies assume the "leader of the team" position in their first year?? No question that as the season has worn on, Murray should be slowly taking on more of a leadership role. It's been pointed out on several occasions that he is often the "only" guy on offense who comprehends a certain play, and is therefore often directing and leading players in-game. But to expect him to be "the leader of the team" at this point? C'mon man...

When you are the surefire #1 overall pick and dubbed by so many as the next transcendent talent to enter the league. You by your position alone and standing in the organization ARE the team leader. Whether its right wrong or indifferent thats how it is. You are the QB1 of a major NFL franchise. It is his job whether or not you chose to believe that. "Being a rookie" In the end is for the birds. Especially when it has been well documented that he knows the O better than everyone and is the most comfortable in the system.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
When you are the surefire #1 overall pick and dubbed by so many as the next transcendent talent to enter the league. You by your position alone and standing in the organization ARE the team leader. Whether its right wrong or indifferent thats how it is. You are the QB1 of a major NFL franchise. It is his job whether or not you chose to believe that. "Being a rookie" In the end is for the birds. Especially when it has been well documented that he knows the O better than everyone and is the most comfortable in the system.

Yea... that all sounds really nice Shane. Good rah rah print material! The reality is different however. Do #1 "surefire picks" become team leaders? Absolutely... however, in the vast majority of cases, they don't in year 1. Leadership is never a matter of the title simply being bestowed upon a person. Leadership is always, always, as in ALWAYS, earned. Rooks haven't had the opportunity to earn that title in year 1. They can take steps...as many do and as Kyler has done, toward stepping into that role in future years. But I can assure you that most players would not and do not look to a rookie for a source of leadership and direction.
Next year is completely different however. Particularly if Murray can bounce back from yesterday's debacle and continue to demonstrate enough promise to inspire hope in the future - which he had been doing prior to yesterday.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Murray's counting stats were 19 of 34 (58.9%) for 163 yards (4.79 YPA), 0 TDs, 1 INT, 56.3 passer rating. 4 rushes for 28 yards and a TD.

Egads.

EDIT:

By my unofficial count, Murray first converted a 3rd down with 9:33 remaining in the 4th quarter.

Kliff needs more vertical throws in this offense that we are currently seeing. Not full Arians...... But maybe a half Arians wouldn't hurt.

How many batted balls were on 3 yard completions? Gotta address that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good to see we're already back to the "Kyler can do no wrong" mantra from people. I can at least give the guy credit for a good game, but some of you are completely incapable of giving him any criticism and simply handwave away everything as "he's a rookie" or "doesn't matter."

Yea... that all sounds really nice Shane. Good rah rah print material! The reality is different however. Do #1 "surefire picks" become team leaders? Absolutely... however, in the vast majority of cases, they don't in year 1. Leadership is never a matter of the title simply being bestowed upon a person. Leadership is always, always, as in ALWAYS, earned. Rooks haven't had the opportunity to earn that title in year 1. They can take steps...as many do and as Kyler has done, toward stepping into that role in future years. But I can assure you that most players would not and do not look to a rookie for a source of leadership and direction.
Next year is completely different however. Particularly if Murray can bounce back from yesterday's debacle and continue to demonstrate enough promise to inspire hope in the future - which he had been doing prior to yesterday.
Kyler was drafted because of his immediate fit to take over this team, save Keim's job, and convert some things into wins for our coach who was supposed to resurrect the offense and team from ashes.

This was all dramatic and major. It is this kid's job to now be the leader of the team, like it or not. If he didn't want to be that, he could have stuck with baseball or told the Cardinals he wasn't the right guy for the job.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kliff needs more vertical throws in this offense that we are currently seeing. Not full Arians...... But maybe a half Arians wouldn't hurt.

How many batted balls were on 3 yard completions? Gotta address that.
You're not wrong. There are theories out there about why they're not there or are not being thrown. It's entirely possible that no one trusts the offensive line to hold on long enough for even someone like Byrd or Isabella to get loose.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Good to see we're already back to the "Kyler can do no wrong" mantra from people. I can at least give the guy credit for a good game, but some of you are completely incapable of giving him any criticism and simply handwave away everything as "he's a rookie" or "doesn't matter."

Try going back and reading thru the thread... you'll note that on several occasions, I specifically mentioned the awful performance he put up yesterday. ;)

Kyler was drafted because of his immediate fit to take over this team, save Keim's job, and convert some things into wins for our coach who was supposed to resurrect the offense and team from ashes.

This was all dramatic and major. It is this kid's job to now be the leader of the team, like it or not. If he didn't want to be that, he could have stuck with baseball or told the Cardinals he wasn't the right guy for the job.

LOL... What about anything Murray has ever said or done, would make you write something like "If he didn't want to be that, he could have stuck with baseball or told the Cardinals he wasn't the right guy for the job."?

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It's a learning experience for Murray and the team around him. Murray tends to bail out too quickly, as most rookies do, his offensive line doesn't give him the best pocket protection at times, and finally his receivers have trouble getting open. Perfect storm.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Try going back and reading thru the thread... you'll note that on several occasions, I specifically mentioned the awful performance he put up yesterday. ;)

LOL... What about anything Murray has ever said or done, would make you write something like "If he didn't want to be that, he could have stuck with baseball or told the Cardinals he wasn't the right guy for the job."?
There's other people asking "why are we even talking about this?" We're talking about it because it's relevant to how our rookie QB is developing. It's not just you. Some posters want everyone to just say "welp, that's an anomaly," and then go on with the rest of the season & offseason like we don't have a metric ton of questions to solve from the front office, to coaching, to personnel. Keim staked his career on this kid and is now about to get fired.

And he hasn't done anything to indicate he DOESN'T want to be a leader, but to @Shane's point, he has to be a leader now, and doesn't get time to grow. He was given this situation and is in the rare group of players who had somewhere else to go, or other options. He has to be amazing right now, he's losing people their jobs if he isn't.

You think this is bad now? Wait until next season if the KK/KM combo hasn't produced anything of worth in the win column.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And he hasn't done anything to indicate he DOESN'T want to be a leader, but to @Shane's point, he has to be a leader now, and doesn't get time to grow. He was given this situation and is in the rare group of players who had somewhere else to go, or other options. He has to be amazing right now, he's losing people their jobs if he isn't.

You and a few others keep spewing this stuff...But nobody from the Cardinals has ever uttered such nonsense. And I am 100% certain there are no players who ever thought for a second, that Murray was going to be some type of insta-leader without ever proving worthy of the title! To suggest otherwise is simply extreme naivety.

You think this is bad now? Wait until next season if the KK/KM combo hasn't produced anything of worth in the win column.

I agree. If this team doesn't reach 6 wins or more next year, the ugliness factor will be off the charts!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This is board is crazy now what til we only win 5 games next year. Good news is we are playing the AFC East so we will at least have a chance against the jets and dolphins. I have zero trust in this team to do anything worth a damn in the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You and a few others keep spewing this stuff...But nobody from the Cardinals has ever uttered such nonsense. And I am 100% certain there are no players who ever thought for a second, that Murray was going to be some type of insta-leader without ever proving worthy of the title! To suggest otherwise is simply extreme naivety.

I agree. If this team doesn't reach 6 wins or more next year, the ugliness factor will be off the charts!
No one expects instant leadership, but Kliff obviously pegged this kid as his handpicked option, and we risked the entire franchise on those two. It's a package deal - and as I've mentioned, one that is certainly not guaranteeing the jobs of anyone in the front office right now.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah we need to throw downfield but to who? How is he gonna have time to let those develop when none of our linemen can hold a block? Lol it’s a perfect storm of terrible line and questionable receivers at best. But this offense outside of yesterday was competitive in almost all games whereas the D has looked pathetic the entire season!

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's a learning experience for Murray and the team around him. Murray tends to bail out too quickly, as most rookies do, his offensive line doesn't give him the best pocket protection at times, and finally his receivers have trouble getting open. Perfect storm.

Could this have been said of last years quarterback?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave