Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Worst game of the year. BY FAR.

Ugh.....

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Those stats are bad but I think it is more of team failure than KM in this game.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This was our offense stats. Not just Murray's.

Murray's counting stats were 19 of 34 (58.9%) for 163 yards (4.79 YPA), 0 TDs, 1 INT, 56.3 passer rating. 4 rushes for 28 yards and a TD.

Egads.

EDIT:

By my unofficial count, Murray first converted a 3rd down with 9:33 remaining in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray's counting stats were 19 of 34 (58.9%) for 163 yards (4.79 YPA), 0 TDs, 1 INT, 56.3 passer rating. 4 rushes for 28 yards and a TD.

Egads.

EDIT:

By my unofficial count, Murray first converted a 3rd down with 9:33 remaining in the 4th quarter.

He was bad but he didn't do this alone. Actually, he was worse than the stats you show as he had two picks reversed due to penalty and one that was dropped that would have been a pick six. The six sacks was the OL, running backs poor blocking, and him.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Kyler had a bad game.

Whoopty doo.
?????

Yes, he had a bad game, and it will be discussed.

He is the Cardinals starting QB and will be so for a long time.

Everytime he has a good or bad game, it will be news and discussed.

A heck of a lot was bad and concerning.

Murray sucked yesterday and looked unprepared, both game plan wise and "being ready to play" wise.

He is a pro now, and has to realize consistency is paramount.

And talking about all that is wrong around him, is not the point. Murray has to learn that he has A LOT to work on.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
?????

Yes, he had a bad game, and it will be discussed.

He is the Cardinals starting QB and will be so for a long time.

Everytime he has a good or bad game, it will be news and discussed.

A heck of a lot was bad and concerning.

Murray sucked yesterday and looked unprepared, both game plan wise and "being ready to play" wise.

He is a pro now, and has to realize consistency is paramount.

And talking about all that is wrong around him, is not the point. Murray has to learn that he has A LOT to work on.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy
I’m not sure what you want me to say?

I just said he had a bad game. An awful game perhaps.

I moved on. Just like when he has had good games.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ok... I'll bite K9... What point are you attempting to make with this post? Is it simply that Murray had his worst game as a pro? Or, is there a less obvious purpose to this post??

There's a weekly post highlighting Murray's weekly stats for discussion. Is that only open when Murray has good games (where we still lose)?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
There's a weekly post highlighting Murray's weekly stats for discussion. Is that only open when Murray has good games (where we still lose)?

I am by far a blind Murray loyalist... I just feel that after a game like yesterday, when you can easily point out and hammer virtually the entire team and coaching staff, it seemed a bit off-base to strictly call out Murray... That said, I wasn't aware that there has been a weekly post of his stats. Carry on...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ah... got it. Thx! Thank God for this post, as Murray's performance would've gone unnoticed for certain! :rolleyes:
So if we shouldn't discuss when players have an obviously bad game and therefore shouldn't discuss when players have an obviously good game, what stuff is ok to discuss on the message board in your opinion?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So if we shouldn't discuss when players have an obviously bad game and therefore shouldn't discuss when players have an obviously good game, what stuff is ok to discuss on the message board in your opinion?

Didn't realize Murray's performance was a standing/weekly post... Nevertheless, I honestly don't know what can be said about his performance yesterday, separate and apart from the rest of the team? Did we lose because of Murray? Did his play stand out as opposed to the rest of the team??
I mean, feel free to dissect his performance I guess... but it seems extremely myopic and off-target to me.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Didn't realize Murray's performance was a standing/weekly post... Nevertheless, I honestly don't know what can be said about his performance yesterday, separate and apart from the rest of the team? Did we lose because of Murray? Did his play stand out as opposed to the rest of the team??
I mean, feel free to dissect his performance I guess... but it seems extremely myopic and off-target to me.

It wasn't a full jailbreak on every throw on the way to those 6 sacks(!!!). The times Murray had time to throw, he was unable to identify targets. Who is more responsible for the performance of the offense than the quarterback?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He plays the most important position on the field and his level of play has direct impact on whether we win or lose. If you aren't going to discuss the play of any team's QB, what they hell should you be talking about? Why does Murray get a weekly post-game interview and players like Fitz and Chandler Jones don't? QB is all that really matters.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It wasn't a full jailbreak on every throw on the way to those 6 sacks(!!!). The times Murray had time to throw, he was unable to identify targets. Who is more responsible for the performance of the offense than the quarterback?

Our offense produced 74 yards on the ground, 28 of which were put up by Murray. WR's running wrong routes (Byrd)... and yes, Murray was awful as well. He was sacked 6 times and sure, not each of them were due to a full jailbreak. Conversely, how many other jailbreaks did he scramble out of and escaped the sack??

You seriously can't be pinning the putrid display on offense to just Murray, are you?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He plays the most important position on the field and his level of play has direct impact on whether we win or lose. If you aren't going to discuss the play of any team's QB, what they hell should you be talking about? Why does Murray get a weekly post-game interview and players like Fitz and Chandler Jones don't? QB is all that really matters.

I am 100% in favor of discussing the play of the QB...however, after a game like yesterday, where it was crystal clear - at least to me - that the ENTIRE team chose not to show up, it seems all but pointless to pick apart Murray's play. To illustrate the point - this thread has yet to produce any meaningful dialogue about his play... He sucked. But the entire team sucked. Would you care to elaborate on how Murray's play cost us the game?? Or, how his play should give us all reason for grave concern??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose