Listening to 98.7 after the game.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jurecki is a huge Keim apologist lol . He also mentioned that our offensive line isn’t a problem . Well according to PFF they are a bottom 10 line, they are at their best, slightly below average . So many holes to fill in the off season on both sides of the call, this is a putrid football team with a serious lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There's not a guy on this line that would sniff a Pro Bowl, much less All-Pro.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jurecki is a huge Keim apologist lol . He also mentioned that our offensive line isn’t a problem . Well according to PFF they are a bottom 10 line, they are at their best, slightly below average . So many holes to fill in the off season on both sides of the call, this is a putrid football team with a serious lack of talent on both sides of the ball.
Shocker! Even though bickley didn't mention keim in his encouraging/thankful to have gm list for Az sports... Which was very obvious and interesting. Who knows what goes down for next season gm wise.. but, whatever happens.. the front office will be fully loaded with plenty of scapegoats to blame the season on. I can only hope keim is one of them to blame.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shocker! Even though bickley didn't mention keim in his encouraging/thankful to have gm list for Az sports... Which was very obvious and interesting. Who knows what goes down for next season gm wise.. but, whatever happens.. the front office will be fully loaded with plenty of scapegoats to blame the season on. I can only hope keim is one of them
There's not a guy on this line that would sniff a Pro Bowl, much less All-Pro.

Bickley calls out Keim quite often. I just read his latest article after this debacle and Keims failures were mentioned

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
1. Jurecki works for the team
2 Its during the team broadcast post game call in show

it would be a surprise to hear him say the GM should be changed out

listen to Pasch / Wolfley / Calvisi during the last week of the season -- what they say will tell you who is getting let go

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
A few more blowout losses and we might get our wish.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe another complete turn over if the coaches dont improve either yuk!!!!!

Unlikely. Even if Keim is fired I believe the new GM would keep Kingsbury and have him fall on the sword while he implemented his overhaul. Kliff would have to show major improvement to make it past 2020.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line. When you fail in the draft you flounder. When you thought you drafted a player that was going to fill a position and you fail your option is to sign a free agent. You can’t fill the entire roster with free agents.

keim has failed miserably in the draft and we are paying the price. If Reddick, Buchanon, nkemdiche, Baker all had turned out to be the right players we’d have a lot fewer wholes to fill. Even this year although this years draft class can’t be judged quite yet we have Murray and Murphy and that is it at this point.

the real question can the Cardinals trust keim with yet another draft ?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Jurecki’s paycheck has the Arizona Cardinals logo on it. He’s gonna apologize for anyone in leadership. He had to be careful to criticize Wilks last season

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Bottom line. When you fail in the draft you flounder. When you thought you drafted a player that was going to fill a position and you fail your option is to sign a free agent. You can’t fill the entire roster with free agents.

keim has failed miserably in the draft and we are paying the price. If Reddick, Buchanon, nkemdiche, Baker all had turned out to be the right players we’d have a lot fewer wholes to fill. Even this year although this years draft class can’t be judged quite yet we have Murray and Murphy and that is it at this point.

the real question can the Cardinals trust keim with yet another draft ?

No. Not to mention he’ll overpay for every free agent in hopes of improving enough to buy himself another year.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bickley calls out Keim quite often. I just read his latest article after this debacle and Keims failures were mentioned

https://arizonasports.com/story/217...on-full-display-in-cardinals-lopsided-defeat/

“This game will make it increasingly difficult to retain Vance Joseph, the defensive coordinator handpicked by General Manager Steve Keim. The results are almost as horrifying as what Mike McCoy brought to Arizona’s offense in 2018, another Keim specialty.”

he’s calling him out for sure, could be more heavy handed but I think it is just the start

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://arizonasports.com/story/217...on-full-display-in-cardinals-lopsided-defeat/

“This game will make it increasingly difficult to retain Vance Joseph, the defensive coordinator handpicked by General Manager Steve Keim. The results are almost as horrifying as what Mike McCoy brought to Arizona’s offense in 2018, another Keim specialty.”

he’s calling him out for sure, could be more heavy handed but I think it is just the start
When does the guy that picked these guys is seen as the real problem?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
https://arizonasports.com/story/217...cardinals-roughed-up-in-blowout-loss-to-rams/

Marotta
“Maybe it’s time for the Cardinals to stop the generous running clock on the GM, thank him for making the Kingsbury-Murray thing happen and instead identify the next man that can build this team, which has another high first-round draft pick and oodles of free agency cap space to work with this offseason.”

Burns
“As for Keim, his personnel mistakes on defense get masked only when his offense is performing at a tantalizing level. That was certainly not the case Sunday. The Cards looked like a bunch of kids on the first day of school who forgot everything they learned during summer break. Kyler is still the quarterback and as long as he and Kingsbury continue to click it buys Keim more time to fix what’s broke on defense. When it doesn’t, and it didn’t on Sunday, it puts the attention squarely back on the GM.”

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Jurecki won't trash Keim when he's working under the same roof.

That job is left to the guys at 98.7 who don't push this stuff as a business partner without someone on Hardy giving them to go-ahead.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nice. It's almost as if you could just see this one coming from his last article.. what a perfect set up.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The homers on the radio were defending Wilkes until the end then trashed him once he was fired. I don’t realize the point to even listening to them.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The paid shrills, especially Gambo, at 98.7 will come to rescue to shift blame on p2, VJ ahead of Keim

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I love how on the post games show, if someone makes a good but negative point, they are quickly whisked away.

Fox sports 910 has a much more balanced perspective. And none of their guys are screaming garbage into the mic.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, one thing is certain. Vance Joseph absolutely must be fired after the season. Even with supposedly inferior talent, this defense shows absolutely no improvement week to week. His schemes are pathetic, and his ability to coach up or motivate anyone is completely absent.

I have been of the belief that Keim would see another year before being firmly placed on the hot seat. One thing that has always driven the Bidwill's to act is when we get throttled at home against a division rival. A game like yesterday, especially coming off a bye, may very well be what it takes for MB to start thinking it's time to replace Keim also. How they finish this season will now dictate what MB does. I'm pretty certain that if we get pummeled again like we did yesterday, Keim's days in the desert may be over.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would rather keep Vance than Keim at this point, but yes, I think they both need to go. Also, they need to hire someone who can coach regardless of scheme. We don't have enough dudes good enough to dictate one scheme or the other.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Unlikely. Even if Keim is fired I believe the new GM would keep Kingsbury and have him fall on the sword while he implemented his overhaul. Kliff would have to show major improvement to make it past 2020.
I would certainly hope so the one thing that actually has helped this organization every since the Denny Green years is the stability of the head coach with the exception of the Steve Wilks era which mercifully didn't last to long

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the knives came out this am on 98.7 for Vance

moreso Doug, but Wolf too
Expected. 98.7 will run everyone and everything out of town except the suits. Suits pay these hosts and are their handlers. They will never say the truth about these Suits. If one is listening to 98.7 you are being clowned.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave