Patrick Peterson

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
You don't keep someone that doesn't want to be here when they stop producing. It's really a universal thing. In my line of work there are often big disparities in talent and you can have a superstar who gets it in their head they don't like the job but they like the paycheck and they eventually turn into a dud given enough time, if they don't quit on their own. The worst part about those people is the way they infect the rest of the team.

I have no clue if PP is being a good teammate or not off the field this season. If he is still grumbling though then there is no reason to keep him because he won't play up to his potential and the negativitivity will rub off on others. We do know what happened last year though. I have rarely ever see someone have a change of heart. Maybe they stop being vocal about it, but doing a 180 and having a happy ending is not the usual outcome.
Based on that we need to let go of Murphy cause he been waxed a lot more than peterson. But that's not how the nfl works. Murphy has a lot of talent, peterson still plays well for the most part.

Our d is in flat out disarray. We gave 2 rookie safeties and a rookie cb starting. A mlb that should be a backup. We get no pressure outside of Chandler jones.

There are wide open wrs running cross routes. Our dc is likely getting fired and maybe our gm too

I'm not trading of the few guys on d I know is a elite player. Even if he hasnt had a great year. Hes a HOF cb in under 30. He has one year left on his deal at a reasonable price.

Let just not trade any core players till our new dc gets a chance to evaluate

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why not complain about the lbs and d line who should have tackled woods for a loss when the play started. Where the heck were the 10 other defenders? You mad because our cb didnt break a block of a much larger person and make a tackle but not mad at all the other defenders who didnt make the play.

We get it, you hate Peterson, doesnt matter if he plays great or bad you will create 2 or 3 new posts complaining.

We didn't trade him becuase hes a great player on a reasonable contract. If he sucks next year, we will have an opportunity to trade him again

Dont you think our "likely new d coordinator" would want the chance of keeping an 8 time consecutive pro bowl cb?

I literally couldn’t stop laughing reading this post.

just because there are multiple people in a play to be angry at doesn’t negate the fact that Peterson got his pants pulled down by a quarterback.”Much larger person” . . . OMG . . . funniest crap I’ve read on the board in a while. So freaking funny. Only slightly less funny - “great player” HAHAHAHAHA! Pass me what you’re smoking!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not complain about the lbs and d line who should have tackled woods for a loss when the play started. Where the heck were the 10 other defenders? You mad because our cb didnt break a block of a much larger person and make a tackle but not mad at all the other defenders who didnt make the play.

We get it, you hate Peterson, doesnt matter if he plays great or bad you will create 2 or 3 new posts complaining.

We didn't trade him becuase hes a great player on a reasonable contract. If he sucks next year, we will have an opportunity to trade him again

Dont you think our "likely new d coordinator" would want the chance of keeping an 8 time consecutive pro bowl cb?

I love PP and defend him here all the time but that was not one you can defend. And yes they should have gotten woods down before that but PP literally ran into the blocker, who was a QB, to avoid having to make a tackle. At least light up Goff who's blocking so totally in play don't just run into him to take yourself out of the play.

that one infuriated me and I am a huge PP fan

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone gets the free safety thing from one Woodson. He mived to that position, and the idea was always we could justify a contract extension from Peterson similarly.

Patrick Peterson is clearly not Woodson. He’s not as much of a ball hawk, and certainly doesn’t tackle.
Ding. Ding.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man not nabbing that first from a reeling Eagles team is going to bug me for the next 6 months.
We could’ve gotten both Derrick Brown & Creed Humphrey/Yetur Gross Matos in the first round man!!!

Now we’re just going to get Derrick

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Based on that we need to let go of Murphy cause he been waxed a lot more than peterson. But that's not how the nfl works. Murphy has a lot of talent, peterson still plays well for the most part.

Our d is in flat out disarray. We gave 2 rookie safeties and a rookie cb starting. A mlb that should be a backup. We get no pressure outside of Chandler jones.

There are wide open wrs running cross routes. Our dc is likely getting fired and maybe our gm too

I'm not trading of the few guys on d I know is a elite player. Even if he hasnt had a great year. Hes a HOF cb in under 30. He has one year left on his deal at a reasonable price.

Let just not trade any core players till our new dc gets a chance to evaluate

I guess I missed the coverage of Murphy demanding a trade and being disgruntled.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess I missed the coverage of Murphy demanding a trade and being disgruntled.

Murphy is a rookie and not a veteran. He’s working on his coverage, and it’s to be expected. he can tackle though, and we knew that at the draft. At the very least he tries.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Ita fair to be mad at him for requesting a trade. He since has said he wants to be here. In fairness, wilks was asking one of maybe three cbs in the nfl that can follow a no1 wr to drop into playing zone.

Apparently enough players were upset with wilks they fired him after 1 season.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Murphy is a rookie and not a veteran. He’s working on his coverage, and it’s to be expected. he can tackle though, and we knew that at the draft. At the very least he tries.
I wasnt bagging on Murphy, just stating if some people are saying we should trade peterson due to his ability to cover, we be cutting a lot of people

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
We could’ve gotten both Derrick Brown & Creed Humphrey/Yetur Gross Matos in the first round man!!!

Now we’re just going to get Derrick
I wouldn't be upset with derrick, but I think I might take the pass rusher. I dont think Suggs will be back. Easier to find good dt than pass rushers.

Hoping we may be in place to teade back for more picks

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wasnt bagging on Murphy, just stating if some people are saying we should trade peterson due to his ability to cover, we be cutting a lot of people

My point is that CBs who can play at the level PP is playing at this point in time are a dime a dozen. Unless PP transforms just as quickly back to his former self it seems like there is more to be gained in trading him in the off season and using that pick and cap space to get a net gain.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
My point is that CBs who can play at the level PP is playing at this point in time are a dime a dozen. Unless PP transforms just as quickly back to his former self it seems like there is more to be gained in trading him in the off season and using that pick and cap space to get a net gain.
I think hes playing better than you think. Not saying this is up to the level we have seen. Hes under contract for 1 more year, hopefully next year will be a whole new defense.

But if we trade Peterson, we should trade chandler jones too and just blow it up.

Or, we could get a new dc, invest with some free agents and draft picks and see what happens.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
But if we trade Peterson, we should trade chandler jones too and just blow it up.

And this is why I'm with Ouchie, I can't stop laughing at this point, you have zero objectivity in regards to PP so you're posts are quite comical lol

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
And this is why I'm with Ouchie, I can't stop laughing at this point, you have zero objectivity in regards to PP so you're posts are quite comical lol
Why please explain?
There are a fee people on this board that want cards to cut or trade Peterson. If you do that to one of your core players, you may as well do it to other core players with trade value and load up and draft class. Why trade Peterson then realize Murphy and brock get roasted and wish your had a great cb.

Cards d played almost 80 snaps today, 72 against the saints. That prob about 30 more than a team with an average d. Our time of possession is also lopsided, making it harder on the d. Jones had 4 tackles on 76 snaps.

Why people are singles out Peterson with a new thread doesn't make any sense. Not sure anyone on d out performed him besides baker.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Knew the fanboy would comment ;)
Let’s just say one doesn’t want to be here & the other doesn’t need to be here :mrgreen:. Oh hell neither needs to be a Cardinal lol

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Why please explain?
There are a fee people on this board that want cards to cut or trade Peterson.

I think you have not been paying attention in about 4-5 weeks. I would say most aren’t in Pat Ps corner anymore. It’s changed dramatically on fans opinions of him. Most want him gone & rightfully so imo.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

How can you not be embarrassed by being blocked by a quarterback.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

How can you not be embarrassed by being blocked by a quarterback.
Look at the effort made by another prominent cardinal player.... who was in best position to make the tackle....jogging.

Like I said. There isnt confidence in the player or the coach. I'm giving a pass to pretty much all the players. Peterson, jones, baker, Peter's and hicks are the only players who should be starting at this point in their careers. They are also the only players I for sure want back next year.

I would stand up for any of those guys if people made silly trade him cut him threads.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Look at the effort made by another prominent cardinal player.... who was in best position to make the tackle....jogging.

Like I said. There isnt confidence in the player or the coach. I'm giving a pass to pretty much all the players. Peterson, jones, baker, Peter's and hicks are the only players who should be starting at this point in their careers. They are also the only players I for sure want back next year.

I would stand up for any of those guys if people made silly trade him cut him threads.

While I won't dispute that the players can't be confident in the coach at this point, if you are referring to Chandler Jones not full on sprinting for that whole play, I don't think it was because of effort.

PP was out in front of the runner, so Chandler was probably intentionally staying in the cut back lane, thinking PP would contain the edge. If Chandler were sprinting he would have over-pursue'd and the runner would have cut back. This play was entirely on PP for failing to contain the edge and allowing himself to get blocked out of the play (by the QB no less)..... well, not to mention all the guys who should have bottled the runner up when he was at a dead stop on the other side of the field.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think hes playing better than you think. Not saying this is up to the level we have seen. Hes under contract for 1 more year, hopefully next year will be a whole new defense.

Or, we could get a new dc, invest with some free agents and draft picks and see what happens.

I get it if you are heavily invested in PP jerseys... but I can't get behind the idea that we are blowing up our entire D by trading an aging CB who has not performed like himself in a while, who has demanded a trade and got himself suspended for a chunk of the season.

Seahawks released Sherman, who has some parallels to the PP situation, and went 10-6. Not only that but they lost Kam and they traded Bennet away that year also.

Bottom line we will be fine without PP if they move him.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another way to look at is do you see us resigning PP? I dont think he would want to sign even if we were pursuing him unless we overpaid to keep him around. So we basically have him on a one year rental for $12.5. I think if there is a team that is desperate for a CB, especially if they are as optimistic as you are, he has trade value. $12M is steep for a CB not slaying it, but not terrible for a one year rental deal for a team in need.

If we can't trade him, and we can't find a better use of the money keep him. If we need that money cut him. That's how I look at it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson