Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 12-1-19

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Same old Cardinals strike again...I knew it was too good to be true.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short of the sticks and everyone would be up in arms.

Here yes but in the real world if you're going on 4th down you are ok with a short of the stick on 3rd. I don't get why we weren't planning on going on4th, or maybe we were.

Just one of those games you have to totally write off, just horrid

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fact you're so pessimistic about it gives me some hope. :) Not sure if I want that though for the future of this team.. I would love a flop here to really affirm that we need new leadership in the front office. We need this more than ever right now to take advantage of Kyler and his development imo

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Do any of you guys listen to the post game on 98.7? What a joke these clowns are...excuses excuses

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The fact you're so pessimistic about it gives me some hope. :) Not sure if I want that though for the future of this team.. I would love a flop here to really affirm that we need new leadership in the front office. We need this more than ever right now to take advantage of Kyler and his development imo
I would love a flop for this team, and a GM to shape things in his own vision. But we've put ourselves in such a bad position. The GM has to be sold on KK and KM... but who would be?

Kyler's a decent sell, but KK is garbage.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would love a flop for this team, and a GM to shape things in his own vision. But we've put ourselves in such a bad position. The GM has to be sold on KK and KM... but who would be?

At this point, it doesn't matter imo.. we need a grinder in that gm spot that breathes, eats, and sleeps football. If that guy is adub, great. If not, find the guy that does.. it's time for new blood in there. We just have to hope if it does happen, as I've said before, that MB doesn't just have that list of puppet candidates he can control and run all over..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
At this point, it doesn't matter imo.. we need a grinder in that gm spot that breathes, eats, and sleeps football. If that guy is adub, great. If not, find the guy that does.. it's time for new blood in there. We just have to hope if it does happen, as I've said before, that MB doesn't just have that list of puppet candidates he can control and run all over..
I don't know if I can handle Adrian Wilson as our GM. He's probably my favorite player of all time, and we have spent literally more than 20 years under the same ****ing administration that has not succeeded. Ferguson led to a promotion for Graves, that led to a promotion for Keim. The same thing for AW? Come on. Fresh blood, please. We have to revamp this nonsense. It's the same old Cardinals because it has been the same old Cardinals leading the shop.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Disagree Solar, he's willing to change and adapt. That's better than some of the former head coaches we've had.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

What has Adrian Wilson done that would make him a candidate to the GM spot?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if I can handle Adrian Wilson as our GM. He's probably my favorite player of all time, and we have spent literally more than 20 years under the same ****ing administration that has not succeeded. Ferguson led to a promotion for Graves, that led to a promotion for Keim. The same thing for AW? Come on. Fresh blood, please. We have to revamp this nonsense. It's the same old Cardinals because it has been the same old Cardinals leading the shop.
Like I said.. this all starts with MB imo. I hope he is currently learning from his semi meddling nature and wakes up like Sarver is hopefully doing for the sake of Suns fans everywhere. Strange, but I never thought I'd make a statement like that about MB. Next couple years will reveal plenty.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What has Adrian Wilson done that would make him a candidate to the GM spot?
Not much.. but what did guys like John lynch do to warrant his?

Maybe a guy like adub can keep an involved owner like MB at bay while trusting his process and putting together other pure football guys like himself.. who knows. But I'm an overall fan of guys with passion.. if adub has passion for the position and can learn on the job, id be up for it at this point. Jmo

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK had a really awful game today, but I’m willing to give him another year. Despite being out-talented in damn near every game this year, I’ve seen enough glimpses.

I really hate we have to be in shootouts just to even have a chance to win.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lynch was an unknown, Wilson is a scout that belongs to Keims tree. I want no part of Keim and his tree, I want to clean house.
That is only a thing if the owner is ready to relinquish his control of being seriously involved..like I think we have seen from him. I don't think he is anywhere close unfortunately.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Disagree Solar, he's willing to change and adapt. That's better than some of the former head coaches we've had.
Like was mentioned, I'd love to see where he's going to start. He's made some minor tweaks to his offense, but he has yet to take ownership of the team, the defense, just about anything.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Like was mentioned, I'd love to see where he's going to start. He's made some minor tweaks to his offense, but he has yet to take ownership of the team, the defense, just about anything.

It's his first year, I'm giving him a pass. Let's talk next year and see if progress has been made from his end, same with Kyler. Steve Keim on the other hand...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's his first year, I'm giving him a pass. Let's talk next year and see if progress has been made from his end, same with Kyler. Steve Keim on the other hand...
I've said it in other threads... but I'd give it a pass if he had ever exhibited success in the past. A down year is one thing, a rookie learning year is one thing. This is hiring a guy whose resume is the exact same as his production.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I've said it in other threads... but I'd give it a pass if he had ever exhibited success in the past. A down year is one thing, a rookie learning year is one thing. This is hiring a guy whose resume is the exact same as his production.

The offense has looked semi competent, can't say the same about the defense.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The offense has looked semi competent, can't say the same about the defense.
Sheesh I sound like a broken record (don't beat me) but in game 11 im expecting more then just semi competent, I would think Murray (and the whole offense) would progress steadily even slowly, not progress, digress, progress, digress...you get what I'm saying lol