Week 13-Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rams will be on Murray ACL hunting to restore their lost pride.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the NFL is a week to week league

I don't see too much about Rams / Ravens that carries over to Cards / Rams

maybe the difficulty of prepping for a different offense than you are used to on a short week.

maybe the Cards are a bit fresher coming off of the bye

that's about it

Reaction score
Heard a rumor saying that the reason Goff's production has been off is because he's been out drinking and partying. Wouldn't surprise me.
I think his production is off because he's Goff - one year wonder! If a team is able to get consistent pressure on Goff, he will chuck it up! He's only decent when afforded the opportunity to stand in the pocket untouched and un-pressured.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
11/27/19, 10:24 AM
Kliff Kingsbury said he’ll have a better idea today of how he’s going to use his 3 running backs: “We'll start repping things, see what we like, what we don't like & It's on us to try and find a way to get three guys the ball that are all very talented and deserving of touches.”

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
11/27/19, 11:45 AM
The Cardinals look pretty healthy coming out of the bye. Only players I noticed that were not practicing were WR Larry Fitzgerald and LBs Chandler Jones and Terrell Suggs, all of whom are likely getting vets days off.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rams suck. If we don't win this one I will have a hard time being interested in the following games

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Nonsense. When you have a D like ours, there are NO easy wins. The Rams may suck when they encounter tough defenses, but will still make our D look foolish. Other than the Raven's debacle, their D had actually been playing well of late. It'll be a GREAT win if we can pull it off. But, it certainly won't come easy. Teams 1 year removed from the SB don't take kindly to getting their collective a$$es kicked, especially at home. I expect the Rams to come out and play with heart and intensity. I would have rather they won last week. I hope we're prepared to battle against a team looking for redemption.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think his production is off because he's Goff - one year wonder! If a team is able to get consistent pressure on Goff, he will chuck it up! He's only decent when afforded the opportunity to stand in the pocket untouched and un-pressured.

Well, we don't consistently pressure the QB, so he'll look like the "good" Goff as he stands in the pocket untouched & unpressured.

Reaction score
Well, we don't consistently pressure the QB, so he'll look like the "good" Goff as he stands in the pocket untouched & unpressured.
I won't deny, this could very well happen. But it still won't mean Goff is a good QB.

I am more concerned that Philips (DC) will be blitzing the hell out of Murray!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Main Issue -

Coming off a devestating loss, do the Rams pack it in? Or do they battle back?

Ditto the Cards (experiencing two recent gut-wrenching losses to SF).

The team who best deals with its case of the blahs...wins.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The offense is good enough to give the Cards a punchers in most games. IMO the offensive success will depend on the Cards ability to handle the blitz. The Cards will need to finally show the ability to execute hot reads. They need to run effective screens and not Telegraph them as they’ve done all year. If they can do that it will likely come down to who has the ball last.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The offense is good enough to give the Cards a punchers in most games. IMO the offensive success will depend on the Cards ability to handle the blitz. The Cards will need to finally show the ability to execute hot reads. They need to run effective screens and not Telegraph them as they’ve done all year. If they can do that it will likely come down to who has the ball last.
Now this is true. You can just see them coming. We've got to not be as predictable as under center as well.

Kyler better be decisive on when to run...can't really try extending plays too much.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I won't deny, this could very well happen. But it still won't mean Goff is a good QB.

I am more concerned that Philips (DC) will be blitzing the hell out of Murray!

I'm definitely in agreement with you that Goff is vastly overrated. For me, he has been exposed as a guy that needs a clean pocket to produce. If he gets that, he can hurt you. Without it, he struggles. My point is, that we do not yet possess the ability to put the kind of pressure on Goff that is necessary to expose his greatest weaknesses. I laugh when people see the Ravens beat up on the Rams, and somehow equate that to what we should do this week. Unless we can borrow the Raven's D, there's no correlation whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson