Fun memory

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I was there. And of course i was on the field. It was my first trip back home while in the army. My future wife got her first taste of Phoenix, my parents, and my cards fandom in less than 10 days.

I'm still amazed she hasn't killed me yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I was there. And of course i was on the field. It was my first trip back home while in the army. My future wife got her first taste of Phoenix, my parents, and my cards fandom in less than 10 days.

I'm still amazed she hasn't killed me yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We're ALL amazed lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the ugliest, and yet one of the most beautiful wins in Cardinal history. The Chargers were pathetic, but in true Cardinal fashion, we let their anemic offense drive the length of the field to take the lead late in the game. If not for Metcalf's KR, we have NO shot at getting off a 50+ yard winning FG. The kick looked like it would miss right the whole way, yet magically moves left at the end. I was at my parent's house in Syracuse, NY. With our large Italian family gathered for our annual Christmas Party, we were all squeezed into the family room to watch the end of the game. No one could even remotely hear the TV & it was turned all the way up. Over the years, my Dad & I had somehow converted everyone into Cardinal fans. It was more my Mom & 7 sisters always feeling pity for us than them actually being hardcore fans. Anyways, bedlam broke out! I still remember jumping up and down in complete disbelief that the AZ Cardinals were actually in the playoffs!!

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was there also at the ripe age of 14 yrs old with some friends. Coolest experience storming the field, didn’t realize it would be once in a lifetime back then as not really possible now a days. Was actually the day I converted to a true cards fan, formerly cowpukes regrettably...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cheese and I stormed the field. Grabbed some turf and put it in discarded Gatorade cups from the players. Have a great picture of the two of us with two random fans we didn’t know all with our arms around each other making the #1 sign with our fingers. lol it was glorious.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cheese and I stormed the field. Grabbed some turf and put it in discarded Gatorade cups from the players. Have a great picture of the two of us with two random fans we didn’t know all with our arms around each other making the #1 sign with our fingers. lol it was glorious.

Ouchie post that!!!

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I was so fired up I grabbed a football for a catch with a co-worker and ended up with a broken arm. Great day, none the less!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One of the ugliest, and yet one of the most beautiful wins in Cardinal history. The Chargers were pathetic, but in true Cardinal fashion, we let their anemic offense drive the length of the field to take the lead late in the game. If not for Metcalf's KR, we have NO shot at getting off a 50+ yard winning FG. The kick looked like it would miss right the whole way, yet magically moves left at the end. I was at my parent's house in Syracuse, NY. With our large Italian family gathered for our annual Christmas Party, we were all squeezed into the family room to watch the end of the game. No one could even remotely hear the TV & it was turned all the way up. Over the years, my Dad & I had somehow converted everyone into Cardinal fans. It was more my Mom & 7 sisters always feeling pity for us than them actually being hardcore fans. Anyways, bedlam broke out! I still remember jumping up and down in complete disbelief that the AZ Cardinals were actually in the playoffs!!
People around here say to me "I'm sorry" when I tell them I'm a Cardinals fan, for the most part, in the past anyway. Now I get "Kyler Murray is looking good or I have him on my fantasy team". I remember that game & kick by Rackers to give us the wild card game. Then we beat the Cowboys in the playoffs the next week. We were in it against the Vikings for a bit in the divisional round the week after, then more Yrs of despair from 99-07, just like the late 70's.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People around here say to me "I'm sorry" when I tell them I'm a Cardinals fan, for the most part, in the past anyway. Now I get "Kyler Murray is looking good or I have him on my fantasy team". I remember that game & kick by Rackers to give us the wild card game. Then we beat the Cowboys in the playoffs the next week. We were in it against the Vikings for a bit in the divisional round the week after, then more Yrs of despair from 99-07, just like the late 70's.
Chris Jacke made that long kick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have a big chunk of grass with my ticket in a plastic bag but I'm assuming Dad threw it out. Luckily, before he did that, unbenowst to me, brother Not Ouchie at one point took a tiny tuft of grass from that hunk, put in a glass case with a bronze thing-a-majiggy with the words CARDS V. CHARGER 1998 and the score engraved on it. It's sitting on my desk at home. Will post a pic of it when I get back from Turkey Day.

I remember me, Ouchie and Brother Not Ouchie walking arms over each others shoulders, like triple conjoined twins chanting WE WANT DALLAS! WE WANT DALLAS! down the corridor before making our way down to the madness on the field.

We also found out that that after the game our Grandpa got TOTALLY lost for like an hour in the chaos. Good times.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I wanted to storm the field so bad but I was there with my handicapped dad.

Still a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I wanted to storm the field so bad but I was there with my handicapped dad.

Still a great day.

He died a couple of years later so yeah, it’s a pretty special memory for me too.

Sent from my iPhone