Kyler Murray

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Some think I dislike KM.That is wrong.As discussed many times I would have preferred going defense first and giving Rosen a real chance with a improved roster and coaching like KM has this year.That said Kyler has really flashed some damn good skills at times.
Really like his keeping interceptions down.
Like his scrambling ability
Like his arm.
Like his potential.
What I do have concerns about-
The running backwards sacks
Knowing to throw it away instead of taking the sack.
The poor Red Zone production..too many FGs ..not enough TDs-I will say that could be KK wanting to be conservative and willing to think 3 points better than risking no points at all.
Still needs a better touch on some of his passes.He was among the league leaders in poor throws.
His durability..he has held up fine so far but you that big hit will eventually come .
Has he lived up to being the #1 pick in the whole draft? IMO not yet but he hasn`t been a flop either.He is a work in progress.Can he be the QBOF for this team? I remain skeptical and want to see more consistent better play before I decide.Thats not a damning of KM that is just wanting to see more before getting on board.

Exactly why would you even consider keeping Rosen, he has no tangible QB skills for the NFL, the decision to go with Kyler was a no brainer.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There are three and there are more. I did not include Skip Bayless because some will say he's hyping because he's a Sooner backer, though he did not endorse Bradford. It's not freaking just fantasy football, it's a majority of the sports guys gushing over him for a lack of a better term. Will this carry into the next season? Who freaking knows, but as a Cardinal fan, I am sick and tired of having to monitor my enthusiasm for number one... and really tired of the responses with the passive aggressive crap of citing a positive and a way out for the poster after then dumping on him if this kid from Texas continues his progress and success

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There are three and there are more. I did not include Skip Bayless because some will say he's hyping because he's a Sooner backer, though he did not endorse Bradford. It's not freaking just fantasy football, it's a majority of the sports guys gushing over him for a lack of a better term. Will this carry into the next season? Who freaking knows, but as a Cardinal fan, I am sick and tired of having to monitor my enthusiasm for number one... and really tired of the responses with the passive aggressive crap of citing a positive and a way out for the poster after then dumping on him if this kid from Texas continues his progress and success
He should've proven all of his doubters wrong by now? If not, then they either have no sense or just absolutely refuse to believe in him? I was skeptical for a bit, before the draft that is, about a month prior to the draft I actually started to get excited about his ability & hoped we drafted him. He's everything I hoped he would be & more. The future looks bright for our team. Just look at the game yesterday between the Packers & 49ers. Future HOF Aaron Rodgers couldn't do anything against that defense. What did KM do? He put us in a position to beat them both games but our defense is sooooooo bad, we couldn't close either game out. With KM as our QB, we could easily have 3-5 more wins right now & be in the playoff race if our defense was even decent. Even a blind man could see that lol. Have no idea why anyone would doubt him at this point?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

LMAO.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still think the posters who are saying everyone is gushing over him are in their own fairytale land. It's only happening in fantasy football circles with that intensity.

But that said, I think he's the best player currently on this team. I think this is a godawful team, so take it for what it's worth, and I still might rather have Bosa, but he's solid. I hope we don't kill him.
Go to the movie theater & see Frozen, so you can sing “Let it go, let it go” to yourself lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Gush as much as you want, man. I'm not stopping you at this point.

Just don't get mad at me for not wanting to gush about anything on a team that's 3-7-1, and not trending well to win another game, when we're a traditionally cursed franchise with a GM who should be on the outs, and a bad coach so far in his career. This board talks about KM like he's in the conversation with Lamar Jackson/Russell Wilson for MVP.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, a fanbase talks up their rookie QB who looks like a stud.

Shocking, shocking development. Never seen that before.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wow, a fanbase talks up their rookie QB who looks like a stud.

Shocking, shocking development. Never seen that before.
Tired dance, again. You'll tell me I don't watch football and am a troll, I'll point out you hate QBs with great stats but no wins, you'll make excuses about who is good and who isn't based off of arbitrary gut feelings, we'll have a great time and still hate each other. I'm sure everyone wants to read it again.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tired dance, again. You'll tell me I don't watch football and am a troll, I'll point out you hate QBs with great stats but no wins, you'll make excuses about who is good and who isn't based off of arbitrary gut feelings, we'll have a great time and still hate each other. I'm sure everyone wants to read it again.
Then you’ll continue to complain & force passive aggressive comments regarding Kyler just to continue the play the contrarian role.

If you’re tired of it, you can just put me on ignore like you were so close to doing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Then you’ll continue to complain & force passive aggressive comments regarding Kyler just to continue the play the contrarian role.

If you’re tired of it, you can just put me on ignore like you were so close to doing.
I don't want to put you on ignore, man. I'm sure that when this season is over and the roster/management/coaching can potentially improve, we'll end up being cool. Right now, we're both stuck firmly in sides of our arguments that five games aren't going to change.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly why would you even consider keeping Rosen, he has no tangible QB skills for the NFL, the decision to go with Kyler was a no brainer.

Nonsense BS trash statement.Rosen has been put in two impossible situations and if you can`t see that then you can`t be helped.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Nonsense BS trash statement.Rosen has been put in two impossible situations and if you can`t see that then you can`t be helped.

Rosen was my top quarterback going into the 2018 draft and I was thrilled when the Cardinals selected him and like you my hope was the Cardinals would select Williams or Bosa and Kingsbury would develop Rosen. But then you look at how everything has transpired in Rosen’s career since he declared for the draft and you have to question what the perception of Josh Rosen as a franchise quarterback really is.

He slid on draft day, played poorly as a rookie and failed to improve as the season progressed, was traded after his rookie year by the team that gave up 3 draft picks for him and there was very little market for him once he was put on the block. He’s had an opportunity to play for 2 teams and he’s failed to show that he’s the guy going forward for either of them. I agree both situations were terrible.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it’s hard to argue that the Cardinals didn’t make the right decision in moving on from Josh based on his play and Kyler’s.

OP
OP
B

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Rosen was my top quarterback going into the 2018 draft and I was thrilled when the Cardinals selected him and like you my hope was the Cardinals would select Williams or Bosa and Kingsbury would develop Rosen. But then you look at how everything has transpired in Rosen’s career since he declared for the draft and you have to question what the perception of Josh Rosen as a franchise quarterback really is.

He slid on draft day, played poorly as a rookie and failed to improve as the season progressed, was traded after his rookie year by the team that gave up 3 draft picks for him and there was very little market for him once he was put on the block. He’s had an opportunity to play for 2 teams and he’s failed to show that he’s the guy going forward for either of them. I agree both situations were terrible.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it’s hard to argue that the Cardinals didn’t make the right decision in moving on from Josh based on his play and Kyler’s.

Rosen played poorly on a team that quit on its HC and was a mess.Then he gets traded to a team that is worse than the Cards were last season.Impossible mess.i understand how KK was wanting his own guy for QB and that`s cool.But KM is in a hell of a lot better situation rthat Rosen was last season with a better supporting cast around him.Km might turn out to be the star that some already think he is and Rosen might get in a situation to show what he can do for a real NFl team...Both remain to be decided...….IMO.KM has shown some damn good skills at times and other times he does what rookies do.Seeing how the 2nd year works out and the league sees him and the adjustments made by both sides will be a tell.Remember Baker Mayfield last season and his struggles this season.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
Rosen played poorly on a team that quit on its HC and was a mess.Then he gets traded to a team that is worse than the Cards were last season.Impossible mess.i understand how KK was wanting his own guy for QB and that`s cool.But KM is in a hell of a lot better situation rthat Rosen was last season with a better supporting cast around him.Km might turn out to be the star that some already think he is and Rosen might get in a situation to show what he can do for a real NFl team...Both remain to be decided...….IMO.KM has shown some damn good skills at times and other times he does what rookies do.Seeing how the 2nd year works out and the league sees him and the adjustments made by both sides will be a tell.Remember Baker Mayfield last season and his struggles this season.

I agree the second year is extremely important and I know Kyler’s success isn’t set in stone. This team still has a lot of holes and the league has a tendency to figure out newer trends fairly quickly so things that the Cardinals are doing well today might not be working next season.
Murray seems to process information quickly and doesn’t turn the ball over and to me those are two of the most important traits of a quarterback.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rosen was put in a difficult situation. Kyler is currently having the most effiicient season by a rookie 1st round QB since Andrew Luck.

There's a chance he could step back like Baker did. There's also a chance that he becomes the next "2nd year QB star" following the footsteps of Mahomes and Lamar.

Its going to be on Keim putting a roster around him and Kyler using this offseason to get better physically and mentally.

Can only go off what we've seen so far. But its at least positive.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Josh will have a solid career as a backup if he wants to. He’s tougher than most people think but too slow at making reads. Since UCLA he’s had a slow trigger and hangs on to the ball. If you have elusiveness you can get away with it.
I really think Josh needed the Patriots to trade for him. Cause they usually fix their Olines.

Also would have been nice for us to have another pick in the 1st round ;)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm more inclined to see it as KM adjusting to the league in year two. I don't consider Baker's adjustment as particularly relevant to KM given that BM was prone to turnovers in year one, too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson