TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What a dope.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been watching CC a fair amount lately, and he LOVES Kyler. He raves about him quite regularly, talking about how most of the country doesn't get to see him on Sunday, but he always watches, and then will show highlights of some of his best plays.. even has guests on to discuss his progress. Raves about how well he throws, doesn't throw picks, running the ball, etc. Haven't seen him discuss Haskins, but gotta think his opinion has changed there too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The irony to me on Haskins is the play that sealed that game yesterday was a crucial 3rd down pass to McLaurin and it sure looked to me that Haskins wasn't even throwing to McLaurin he was throwing to the deeper WR, couldn't fully step into the throw and it fell short, but the routes were so close together that McLaurin was able to make the catch for the first down, and get down.

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-...skins-terry-mclaurin-sets-up-nfl-game-winner/

Could be he was throwing to Mclaurin can't be sure but it was such an odd throwing motion I'm inclined to think he was going to the deeper(and covered) guy but couldn't get enough on the throw to get it there.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The irony to me on Haskins is the play that sealed that game yesterday was a crucial 3rd down pass to McLaurin and it sure looked to me that Haskins wasn't even throwing to McLaurin he was throwing to the deeper WR, couldn't fully step into the throw and it fell short, but the routes were so close together that McLaurin was able to make the catch for the first down, and get down.

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-...skins-terry-mclaurin-sets-up-nfl-game-winner/

Could be he was throwing to Mclaurin can't be sure but it was such an odd throwing motion I'm inclined to think he was going to the deeper(and covered) guy but couldn't get enough on the throw to get it there.
His mechanics are pretty messed up so it could look that way.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

His two misses to McLaurin were horrible. Both were sure TD's that he just missed. Kyler had a similar miss to Cooper in San Fran also, so I want to give him a bit of latitude.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His two misses to McLaurin were horrible. Both were sure TD's that he just missed. Kyler had a similar miss to Cooper in San Fran also, so I want to give him a bit of latitude.

GladI missed those I have McLaurin on my fantasy team too. his value got cut in half when Haskins became the starter. he might eventually be good but he's very raw it's very apparent he only started 1 year in college. Which makes Kyler all the more impressive since he didn't play that much more in college than Haskins did.

I just read an article on the game. Washington site and the author said it's sort of a thing with the team now people are wondering his problem seems to be accuracy and his mechanics don't explain it, he'll make a bad throw with good mechanics. They're concerned he might just be one of those guys who will just always be inaccurate, the concern being he tends to miss high which in the NFL is a horrible thing.

I remember Jay Schroeder was the same way, had the tools, could get really hot, but he had this terrible habit of missing high, especially in the first half, and high throws become picks in the NFL.

Haskins IS showing improvement, turning it over a bit less, but the article I read said he actually missed 3 open TD's in the game yesterday.

Last edited: