The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
· 20m
Sources: After passing his physical exam, Carmelo Anthony signed his one-year, non-guaranteed deal with Portland today. It will be worth $2.15M should he remain on roster past guarantee date in January.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns should have signed Carmelo if he can accomplish this. :confused:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Melo appears to have lost his remaining steps.

He is having a wretched game. 3-10, 7 points, 5 turnovers, no assists, a game worst -17.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Melo appears to have lost his remaining steps.

He is having a wretched game. 3-10, 7 points, 5 turnovers, no assists, a game worst -17.
Well it is his first game with the team. Not that I expect he will do much better, but he has to get cut a little slack for the first few games I would think.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it is his first game with the team. Not that I expect he will do much better, but he has to get cut a little slack for the first few games I would think.

It's also the way he is play. He hasn't learned a thing, if the ball isn't in his hands he does nothing, he still jacks up endless low percentage mid-range jumpers and he still doesn't bother to fight through a screen.

Everyone knows the reason he was unwanted was because he hasn't adjusted his game to the modern league or his declining skill and in his first game back he is playing the same lazy, inefficient style that ran him out of the league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland waives Paul Gasol after reportedly not being able to rehab left foot after surgery.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn

Portland has waived F/C Pau Gasol, per Gasol. He’s been unable to successfully rehab left foot following surgery. Blazers had protections in 1-year deal. Gasol, Blazers working on details of coaching role as future HOFer remains in Portland to rehab.

1:55 PM - 20 Nov 2019

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please avoid politics in any responses, this is merely an observation:

After watching some of the democratic debate and then flipping to NBA highlights... Pete Buttigieg and Brad Stevens look like the same freaking person... I don't know if I've ever seen two unrelated persons look so similar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please avoid politics in any responses, this is merely an observation:

After watching some of the democratic debate and then flipping to NBA highlights... Pete Buttigieg and Brad Stevens look like the same freaking person... I don't know if I've ever seen two unrelated persons look so similar.

Agree. The resemblance is uncanny.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As badly as the season is going with all the injuries man did the Warriors nail their pick with Eric Paschall 41st pick in the draft and with D LO and Draymond out hurt, he's the best player on the roster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As badly as the season is going with all the injuries man did the Warriors nail their pick with Eric Paschall 41st pick in the draft and with D LO and Draymond out hurt, he's the best player on the roster.

Can the Suns borrow him?

Seriously Paschall looks like a keeper. I especially like his ability to score. It's always nice to find a sleeper in the 2nd round.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the Suns borrow him?

Seriously Paschall looks like a keeper. I especially like his ability to score. It's always nice to find a sleeper in the 2nd round.

I had no idea how athletic he is, he had a driving dunk in the blowout loss to the mavs where he went over 3 guys, one of them Porzingas, and flushed it. I knew he was big and strong, everyone compared him to Draymond after the draft, but I had no idea how good of an offensive player he is. I knew he could defend and play multiple positions but you can make an argument that he might wind up making Draymond expendable. He's so good but he and Green basically play the same position, they're playing them together now but down the line next year etc you might see a situation where they decide his offense outweighs Green's defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no idea how athletic he is, he had a driving dunk in the blowout loss to the mavs where he went over 3 guys, one of them Porzingas, and flushed it. I knew he was big and strong, everyone compared him to Draymond after the draft, but I had no idea how good of an offensive player he is. I knew he could defend and play multiple positions but you can make an argument that he might wind up making Draymond expendable. He's so good but he and Green basically play the same position, they're playing them together now but down the line next year etc you might see a situation where they decide his offense outweighs Green's defense.

I'm happy you have a great young rookie to watch. I could see the Warriors trading Green for more assets as they reposition the team. He should net a valuable return.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges, Tyler, saric and a first? As little as possible to get the deal done.

Can't see the above offer getting it done.

I think the Warriors would want a couple of first round picks and more. Some team would probably do it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't see the above offer getting it done.

I think the Warriors would want a couple of first round picks and more. Some team would probably do it.

I don't think they'll trade Draymond yet but I do think it will enter their minds next year if Paschall keeps this up and they have gotten healthy. I think the next trade would be Russell he's played well enough he probably still has good trade value but they've also seen he is much better in the pick and roll than in the free flowing Warriors offense. So if Klay and Steph are back healthy next year they're not changing the offense for Russell so he gets moved. Maybe they can swing a 3 team trade and get Joe Harris from Brooklyn but more likely they go for picks or a big.

I was not a Cauley Stein fan and so far he is what I thought he was. If they get a high pick you can say ok Wiseman, Cole Anthony, Edwards from Georgia etc added in to getting Steph and Klay back and a trade piece in Russell you can rebuilding quickly. So then you have to decide is Paschall good enough to move Draymond to get even more youth(picks or player) or do you keep him because he's such a fiery leader?

They get Looney back soon but my guess is not for long his neuropathy thing with his legs seems like it's going to be a real issue, this year is going to be all about surviving the injuries and playing the young guys for next year. so far Poole looks like a good shooter but the ball never goes in, he's under 30% last I looked. Smailigic has been hurt he's about to come back so we will get a good look at him too.

Spoiled after the last 5 years but I don't think the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson