I’m Feeling Pleased

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In theory the Air Raid is designed to operate in 30 yard blocks of the field with the middle of the field being the prime area and not nearly as many sideline throws to stop the clock. In college rules clock stops to reset 1st down chains. NFL rules do not. This might result in a loss of half a playbook or more in 2 minute or less drills.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry, which position would you target with our first pick? And, while I know the real answer would probably be the BPA at a position of need, I guess I want to know what you see is our greatest PON?

I appreciate the question, but part of the equation is what pick will the Cards have. It’s possible, for example, the Cards end up with pick 7 and Tua is still on the board. There might be an offer the Cards can’t refuse, which could change everything.

The Cards have shown the ability to score even with a mediocre line. So if they want to win next season you’d go defense. I’m not exactly a BPA person; I think if you have essentially equal needs you take the best player at any of those positions. So in this case DL or an edge rusher.

I’d love to grab CeeDee Lamb but unless the Cards can have a great free agency period or somehow trade for an extra early pick, they’ve got to go defense. A second year of blowing leads would likely be too demoralizing for Murray & Company.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Riddle: when is losing better than winning. Answer: when the win is meaningless and the loss means better personnel when it’s of value.

I like to win but I’m willing to be patient. First I’m pleased the Cards looked for real against the Niners. I didn’t think they would. They have grown as a team and an offense. That 4th quarter TD was huge. On the other hand with several other poor teams winning there’s a real chance the Cards could get a top 7 pick with a little luck. However, they now look like they've got a chance to win at least another game. However if they don’t and the Cards finish with a pick ahead of one of the QB desperate teams they might turn that pick into a still fairly high round 1 plus a third. With all the holes they have an extra pick is gold.

It’s true teams need to learn how to win, but that would be easier with better people. Another third would be huge.
I agree. Although I've said it out loud in the past, "I hope we don't win another game" when we totally sucked, I never truly meant it. Losing them all in the sense of getting a higher draft pick. I just can't do it. They're my team & I want them to win every game. That being said, if we don't win another game, it will not be the end of the world, we'll get a higher draft pick. They've shown enough improvement this season & we're only a few handful of missed opportunities in each of 5 games, away from having a winning record. This offense & our QB gives me hope for what lies ahead in the coming seasons. Our defense sucks green donkey ass & it's 95% of the reason why we've lost so many games. I'll be greedy. If we end up drafting ahead of a couple QB needy teams, I hope we bargain to the highest bidder? Knowing one team wants QB-A, yet so does someone else, then ask for the lower draft order teams #1 & #2 to trade up. That would be sweet & help us build this team, hopefully the defense but you just never know considering some of the draft head scratchers from SK lol?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Have to agree. While I sense Tyler is frustrated, this was never a playoff team. The way the year started losing PP, then Philion, Alford and finally Gilbert the deck was stacked against us. KM has been the glue and one productive offseason can make a big difference in getting this team up to speed. We have the leadership on the O side. They need a couple more pieces and they can dominate games. A more elite RB could do wonders. Not sure if that can be Edmunds or Drake but we need to find out more there. We need to lock down RT.
if we get lucky & Andrew Thomas falls in our lap, Humphries can be moved over to RT & we can keep Gilbert & Murray for depth.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I appreciate the question, but part of the equation is what pick will the Cards have. It’s possible, for example, the Cards end up with pick 7 and Tua is still on the board. There might be an offer the Cards can’t refuse, which could change everything.

The Cards have shown the ability to score even with a mediocre line. So if they want to win next season you’d go defense. I’m not exactly a BPA person; I think if you have essentially equal needs you take the best player at any of those positions. So in this case DL or an edge rusher.

I’d love to grab CeeDee Lamb but unless the Cards can have a great free agency period or somehow trade for an extra early pick, they’ve got to go defense. A second year of blowing leads would likely be too demoralizing for Murray & Company.
If Tua is still there at #7 & that's our pick, there would have to be at least 2 QB needy teams, in order to get that offer we can't refuse. Teams know we aren't taking a QB so unless there's 2............?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right?!? I think it’s the added pressure. Both kk and kyler might overthink in those situations resulting in terrible game management. I am having difficulty recalling an end game series where we looked poised and marched. Though I am 50 . . .
The Bengals, I was right there behind the Cardinals bench in the 7th row, DJ made the difficult sideline catch right in front of me & the long KM scramble was also.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
if we get lucky & Andrew Thomas falls in our lap, Humphries can be moved over to RT & we can keep Gilbert & Murray for depth.

Everyone needs to stop... Hump is NOT a RT! Continuity is key on the OL, so I’d leave Hump & Pugh right where they’re at moving forward instead of creating more holes. We need to stop moving players around to positions they haven’t played or played well before (I.e.: Bucannon, Reddick, etc.). We need to find a strong RT (cheaper than LT) and determine if either Cole or Gaillard are ready to take the mantle from AQ.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everyone needs to stop... Hump is NOT a RT! Continuity is key on the OL, so I’d leave Hump & Pugh right where they’re at moving forward instead of creating more holes. We need to stop moving players around to positions they haven’t played or played well before (I.e.: Bucannon, Reddick, etc.). We need to find a strong RT (cheaper than LT) and determine if either Cole or Gaillard are ready to take the mantle from AQ.
I read yesterday that a contract extension is in the works for AQ. We really need DL help but if Andrew Thomas is there when we pick, how could we pass him up?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Of course we’re all speculating on Tua’s recovery. I’ve talked with numerous people who believe he will play again next year. I know many draft gurus qhave dropped him below 10. I have spent years watching QB desperate teams constantly elevate players in the draft. Tua’s recovery schedule should have him moving around and throwing prior to the draft. I’m told his medical condition will likely not be as big a deterrent as his injury history. His release is easily the fastest among the top QBs. His accuracy is outstanding. Someone’s going to bite early.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson