Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This team is special. I love how Miller is letting them play an uptempo game. Their defense is night and day from last year.

Because they are young, they will only get better. This is definitely Miller's best team. This is also his deepest team. Hopefully no one gets injured.

Miller has the right group of talent and is basically being forced to play uptempo in spite of the pack line defense. Last time this happened was the Derrick Williams era

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is Miller’s deepest and most talented offensive team. I’m not willing to say F4 or bust but they should win the conference. I don’t think the NCAA will do anything during the season (knock on wood).

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Outstanding

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Even Jay Bilas is a fan. He has us as the team of the week and Zeke as the rookie of the week on twitter. Don’t give him any traffic but take my word for it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This team is special. I love how Miller is letting them play an uptempo game. Their defense is night and day from last year.

Because they are young, they will only get better. This is definitely Miller's best team. This is also his deepest team. Hopefully no one gets injured.
Amazing what having a real pg can do in spite of millers offensive coaching deficiencies.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
This is Miller’s deepest and most talented offensive team. I’m not willing to say F4 or bust but they should win the conference. I don’t think the NCAA will do anything during the season (knock on wood).

Next season feels like another letdown year, unless we get a recruiting windfall and we get one of the big-three frosh to stay one more year. So, this team needs to do something significant this season. F4 should be the goal

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Well if you count not landing a PG... However the McConnell years we were top-10 in offensive rating just ran into bad luck/matchups.

Yep. Miller’s offensive schemes are fine. His issue, up until now, has been finding the right PG to run the offense. Most of his PGs have been slashers with limited court vision and passing abilities. McConnell is the only true PG he’s ever had. Nico is what Miller has been looking for since Josiah Turner.

But yes, the vast majority of Miller’s teams have had a KenPom offensive ranking of 20 or better. He’s made it work.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Even Jay Bilas is a fan. He has us as the team of the week and Zeke as the rookie of the week on twitter. Don’t give him any traffic but take my word for it.

How sweet. Hope he makes a trip to McKale so he can get a warm welcome from his fans who I’m sure adore him....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Curious. What are Miller’s offensive coaching deficiencies?
I’m not discussing anything UArizona with you. You’re the single least objective fan I’ve encountered on any of the ASFN boards. I don’t have you on ignore due to your contributions on other boards. So I’m not engaging.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’m not discussing anything UArizona with you. You’re the single least objective fan I’ve encountered on any of the ASFN boards. I don’t have you on ignore due to your contributions on other boards. So I’m not engaging.

Well, with jacka$$ remarks like this, you don’t have to worry about engaging with me on any of the boards on this site again.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That kind of seems out of nowhere after he actually asked a relevant and non-snarky or sarcastic question.

Reactions: TJ
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
That kind of seems out of nowhere after he actually asked a relevant and non-snarky or sarcastic question.

Thank you. It really was an honest question. No BS or agenda.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can’t remember the last time I engaged any conversation with TJ on the Arizona board where he disagreed with me where it didn’t devolve into negativity for both of us. So I’m just opting not to travel down that path. It’s just my opinion that he isn’t objective when it comes to Arizona so the conversations are fruitless. Sorry if that was taken as an insult. It wasn’t meant as one. Just my perspective. He probably thinks I’m out to lunch about a lot of Arizona. That’s his prerogative. He’s a passionate fan and we cheer for Cats. Good enough for me.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
These extremely late tipoffs and the fact that many friends in Tucson and beyond have to go to sports bars to watch games on the PAC 12 network make NNaji even more dangerous. They will meet him in the tournament. I could seem him vaulting into the top 5 if he plays like Derrick Williams in the NCAA tournament.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Type of game that makes your butthole pucker up for 40 minutes. Lesson learned that this team can’t take nights off against bottom-dwellers. They were flirting with disaster all game long

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Type of game that makes your butthole pucker up for 40 minutes. Lesson learned that this team can’t take nights off against bottom-dwellers. They were flirting with disaster all game long

Coach Miller has had way too many games like this...

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Coach Miller has had way too many games like this...

This is the first time this season in which the game was legitimately close for 40 minutes. Every other game, the opponent was tapped out 30 minutes in. The team was settling for too many jumpers in the first half and failed to get Zeke Nnaji involved down low until the second half. I cant wait to watch his press conference, but the quotes Miller is giving are straight fire.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the first time this season in which the game was legitimately close for 40 minutes. Every other game, the opponent was tapped out 30 minutes in. The team was settling for too many jumpers in the first half and failed to get Zeke Nnaji involved down low until the second half. I cant wait to watch his press conference, but the quotes Miller is giving are straight fire.

I meant overall, not this season.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I meant overall, not this season.

I know What you said.

Difference is this team, compared to other CSM teams, is designed to play with tempo and score without sacrificing much on defense. Earlier, I’d mentioned that this was a Lute Olson type of team in that it would more frequently run lesser teams out of the gym. Still think that. One off night isn’t going to erase the results of the previous four games. Now, if it struggles against LBSU, then the team needs to do some serious self-evaluation, though I think LBSU is going to be the victims of an angry team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know What you said.

Difference is this team, compared to other CSM teams, is designed to play with tempo and score without sacrificing much on defense. Earlier, I’d mentioned that this was a Lute Olson type of team in that it would more frequently run lesser teams out of the gym. Still think that. One off night isn’t going to erase the results of the previous four games. Now, if it struggles against LBSU, then the team needs to do some serious self-evaluation, though I think LBSU is going to be the victims of an angry team.

Thus far, Nnaji has been consistently impressive; Mannion, Baker, Doutrive, Gettings and Lee have been very up and down; Green, Jeter and to a lesser extent Hazzard have been very disappointing; and Smith has been typically bad.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't get to watch the game, but looking at the boxscore it's apparent the poor 3pt shooting was one of the biggest issues. Was it shots not falling, poor shot selection, or good defense by the opponent?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose