Fire Joseph right now!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe Vance will keep his job next season. Keim will keep the band together another year instead of starting over...again...on the defensive side of the ball. Unfortunately for Vance, Meathead well be stocking the defensive talent.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Calling the blitz was okay. It was the play design that was at fault. Keep in mind SF was using a second string kicker who last week missed what would be a similar pressure FG. Also a previous blitz had worked well. Finally I’d say overtime favored the more experienced team and the Niners were more effective in the second half. With a losing season virtually assure VJ went for the win, hopefully putting the kicker out of range.

The design issue came with putting CJ in coverage. Of course he was being asked to cover a weak receiver, I’m sure with instructions to hold if necessary were given. Sadly for the Cards the Niners are the better team. They diagnosed the blitz and beat the Cards with a hot read. CJ failed to stay close enough to hold.

It was just a good gamble, poorly executed.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it was a horrible gamble at that time. Yes they have a shaky kicker. Make him kick it! And CJ should never be covering in that situation. It looked to me like the Niners could have dumped it off to their FB every play and we wouldn't stop it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Calling the blitz was okay. It was the play design that was at fault. Keep in mind SF was using a second string kicker who last week missed what would be a similar pressure FG. Also a previous blitz had worked well. Finally I’d say overtime favored the more experienced team and the Niners were more effective in the second half. With a losing season virtually assure VJ went for the win, hopefully putting the kicker out of range.

The design issue came with putting CJ in coverage. Of course he was being asked to cover a weak receiver, I’m sure with instructions to hold if necessary were given. Sadly for the Cards the Niners are the better team. They diagnosed the blitz and beat the Cards with a hot read. CJ failed to stay close enough to hold.

It was just a good gamble, poorly executed.
I guess I'd have to disagree about it being a good gamble if you know the players you are gambling with might not necessarily be able to perform said gamble correctly.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
11/18/19, 12:54 PM
Kliff Kingsbury said there’s been no conversation about firing Vance Joseph. I would be shocked if he was let go. It’s a personnel issue more than a coaching issue
So silly to not admit the DC's role in any of this..imo. No one was blaming personnel after we had a 16-0 lead.. 2-3 dominant possessions we stopped and then all of a sudden the floodgates open..

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Bump :bang:

I stand by it! The talent isn’t great, but imo the scheme & the DC are worse!!!

If Kliff wants to keep his job for more than 2 years he’s got to fire Vance Joseph!!!

This is the worst pass defense at the NFL level I’ve ever witnessed. It’s wayyyyy to easy to complete passes