I’m Feeling Pleased

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Riddle: when is losing better than winning. Answer: when the win is meaningless and the loss means better personnel when it’s of value.

I like to win but I’m willing to be patient. First I’m pleased the Cards looked for real against the Niners. I didn’t think they would. They have grown as a team and an offense. That 4th quarter TD was huge. On the other hand with several other poor teams winning there’s a real chance the Cards could get a top 7 pick with a little luck. However, they now look like they've got a chance to win at least another game. However if they don’t and the Cards finish with a pick ahead of one of the QB desperate teams they might turn that pick into a still fairly high round 1 plus a third. With all the holes they have an extra pick is gold.

It’s true teams need to learn how to win, but that would be easier with better people. Another third would be huge.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Riddle: when is losing better than winning. Answer: when the win is meaningless and the loss means better personnel when it’s of value.

I like to win but I’m willing to be patient. First I’m pleased the Cards looked for real against the Niners. I didn’t think they would. They have grown as a team and an offense. That 4th quarter TD was huge. On the other hand with several other poor teams winning there’s a real chance the Cards could get a top 7 pick with a little luck. However, they now look like they've got a chance to win at least another game. However if they don’t and the Cards finish with a pick ahead of one of the QB desperate teams they might turn that pick into a still fairly high round 1 plus a third. With all the holes they have an extra pick is gold.

It’s true teams need to learn how to win, but that would be easier with better people. Another third would be huge.
Have to agree. While I sense Tyler is frustrated, this was never a playoff team. The way the year started losing PP, then Philion, Alford and finally Gilbert the deck was stacked against us. KM has been the glue and one productive offseason can make a big difference in getting this team up to speed. We have the leadership on the O side. They need a couple more pieces and they can dominate games. A more elite RB could do wonders. Not sure if that can be Edmunds or Drake but we need to find out more there. We need to lock down RT.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

I think the Cards win four of the remaining five.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 1st goal of every team is to win the division...then higher

Cardinals aren't even close to being competitive in the division

it's nice to see they're better, but they're nowhere near SF, Seattle or LA. Shoot the season is barely 1/2 done and they're already eliminated from the division.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's just me, but I just believe the emotional boost this team would gain by beating the division leader would help build the team better and faster than having an extra third round pick.
I agree Jeff but losing even close games is eating Kyler alive you can see it. I love that he hates losing because it’s only going to fuel his fire more to win & he will not accept moral victories & stats even by his teammates!!!

Last edited:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's just me, but I just believe the emotional boost this team would gain by beating the division leader would help build the team better and faster than having an extra third round pick.

Hopefully its just you. This team doesn't need emotional boost, this team needs talent and a competent GM to draft and sign that talent.
I don't like the team to lose either but this year is a rebuild. I was as skeptical of Kyler as anyone but I also have come full circle. When he has the ball in his hands, I get that feeling that good things will happen. This is in stark contrast to last season. A lot of that may have been on the staff but I do think the QB has something to do with it.
We just need to build the lines on both sides of the ball. Defense and OL need to be priority and the more picks and higher picks we have, the better.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
The 1st goal of every team is to win the division...then higher

Cardinals aren't even close to being competitive in the division

it's nice to see they're better, but they're nowhere near SF, Seattle or LA. Shoot the season is barely 1/2 done and they're already eliminated from the division.
I rewatched the game 4th week in a row. I wanted to see really what's wrong we are playing with 3 NT on Dline none have that ability to really collapse the pocket in the passing game, great at not being moved. Chandler Jones should never ever ever be playing in space he may be the most lost front 7 player in space I've ever seen for his athletic ability . Hicks Baker Murphy Thompson Jones Hicks PP, are all good building block on defense. Offensively we have something going forward we are gonna be a difficult matchup add a couple more pieces we are fine. I expect a top 10 draft pick we hit a couple picks again we are fine.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree Jeff but losing even close games is eating Kyler alive you can see it. I hate that he hates losing because it’s only going to fuel his fire more to win & he will not accept moral victories & stats even by his teammates!!!

I think Murray can take motivation from knowing they need to get better to win. The last touchdown was big but the offense has turned in a pattern of a fast start, then a period of hibernation. He seems to still having trouble exploiting blitzes. He also looked better in the red zone but not dominant. This is not college. He needs to stay focused & lead.

BTW, does anyone else have an issue with impacting you headline when working in the body of a post? Sadly you also can’t edit a headline once posted.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don’t put all the defense problems on personnel, I mean we got pro bowlers at corner and pass rush, does it take more time together to get good at VJs defense ?probably-

Will they get better at this defense over time? Probably -

will it ever be a play-off defense ? No -

I mean we just picked qbs with our first pick twice in a row, it was the right thing to do. But I feel a different defense would get more out of the players we now have, we looked great when our offense kept the ball most of the first half.

We have 8 players left from BA’s team 1 year removed - purged the roster for a 4-3 then switched back to a 3-4 with gutted personnel - stupid has consequences - don’t think personnel or continuity is going to fix this defense -

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
When you are hoping for a blind squirrel to find another nut, you got to give him more chances to find it.

If the organization had a better personnel department I woukd agree with you, but it doesn't

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, which position would you target with our first pick? And, while I know the real answer would probably be the BPA at a position of need, I guess I want to know what you see is our greatest PON?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The last touchdown was big but the offense has turned in a pattern of a fast start, then a period of hibernation.

it seems like KK finds some things, exploits them for gains, and then the D adjusts...…… and it takes a quarter and a half or so for KK to re-adjust

my other beef with the KK offense -- for a team that goes fast during the game, it seems to struggle in 2 minute going fast. really weird

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
my other beef with the KK offense -- for a team that goes fast during the game, it seems to struggle in 2 minute going fast. really weird
Right?!? I think it’s the added pressure. Both kk and kyler might overthink in those situations resulting in terrible game management. I am having difficulty recalling an end game series where we looked poised and marched. Though I am 50 . . .

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
it seems like KK finds some things, exploits them for gains, and then the D adjusts...…… and it takes a quarter and a half or so for KK to re-adjust

You do realize that in both situations it is Kyler calling the plays right? Your beef should in essence be that Kyler tries to be too perfect in the 2 minute offense where he is more relaxed and confident in the middle parts of the game. The offense doesn't change...Kliff isn't calling the plays...it is the rookie who is learning on the fly and gaining experience who is the difference.