The Suns next big move

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The situations are different but the Raptors gave up a lot to get Leonard. The difference is Leonard didn't want to go to the Raptors.

And Leonard didn't specifically orchestrate things for the purpose of going to the Raptors. The Lakers were always Davis's objective. Things there would have to fall apart drastically for Davis to leave (and right now, it looks like the Lakers are likely to win it all)...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Leonard didn't specifically orchestrate things for the purpose of going to the Raptors. The Lakers were always Davis's objective. Things there would have to fall apart drastically for Davis to leave (and right now, it looks like the Lakers are likely to win it all)...

It's not going to happen right away if Davis leaves. Still if he wins a title or two he might decide to leave. It's all speculation anyway.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You are wrong again, this past week there was an article that stated Davis really wanted to go to the Knicks but the Knicks didnt want to give up what it would take to get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an excerpt from the ESPN article for those who might not have read about it:

Unlike other major stars recently, Davis had expressed interest in playing for the Knicks. But Mills and Perry told people they were turned off by the Pelicans' high asking price of multiple first-round picks plus multiple young players, even though the Knicks had that type of package thanks to their Porzingis trade. They said it would have undercut their long-range plan of building through the draft and developing picks into stars.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28066162/how-knicks-got-mess-their-own-words

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Basically, I think resigning Baynes may be our next big move. Think about Baynes and Ayton on the floor at the same time! Both guys have range defensively, and can block shots! We have seen how effective Baynes can be. His skills and Ayton's would be like Ham and Eggs. Neither, or both would be centers/power forwards. Because of Ayton's suspension we didn't get to see this yet. It will happen at some point after the suspension. Just think now when Baynes and Saric are in together and how well that works, but Ayton plays much better D and has a better jump shot too!

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Basically, I think resigning Baynes may be our next big move. Think about Baynes and Ayton on the floor at the same time! Both guys have range defensively, and can block shots! We have seen how effective Baynes can be. His skills and Ayton's would be like Ham and Eggs. Neither, or both would be centers/power forwards. Because of Ayton's suspension we didn't get to see this yet. It will happen at some point after the suspension. Just think now when Baynes and Saric are in together and how well that works, but Ayton plays much better D and has a better jump shot too!
There is some value in this as an alternative. Ayton fills the AD role and Baynes fills the Ayton role I guess.

Still. AD is the better option, and we have seen things turn a lot lately.

I have every confidence that most NBA players will do what is in their own best interest. We have to make it AD's best interest to come here.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’ll have whatever you guys are smoking that think there’s a snowballs chance in Arizona of AD landing here.
Meh. There is a connection with our coach and a Kentucky connection with Booker. We may potentially be looking at being a playoff team with about 50 wins. Not saying that makes it likely , but it certainly seems to make it at least somewhat of a possibility.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When things start to sour in LA this year then I'll start thinking of AD as a possibility but until that happens it's not even a pipe dream.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When things start to sour in LA this year then I'll start thinking of AD as a possibility but until that happens it's not even a pipe dream.
Things do tend to sour around LeBron. So here’s hoping.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Things do tend to sour around LeBron. So here’s hoping.

I can't hope on that. The only teammate that I can recall wanting to bail on LeBron was Kyrie Irving, and Kyrie Irving reeks of crazy. Outside of that nutjob, most teammates of LeBron have had nothing but great things to say about him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I went to college at NAU... I've seen a TON of snowballs in Arizona.

Make it a snowballs chance in Phoenix and I'd agree with you.
Lol I thought about that this morning.

so I must’ve subconsciously thought there was a chance!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Giannis has been giving subtle hints lately that he’s not all that thrilled with the roster moves they’ve made. He gone in two years IMO. We’ll have our shot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giannis has been giving subtle hints lately that he’s not all that thrilled with the roster moves they’ve made. He gone in two years IMO. We’ll have our shot.

It's difficult to believe that he wasn't consulted about the off season decisions, in fact, I think he was. If he put Brogdon on the bottom of the must re-sign list but is now missing him, I'd say that's on Giannis. Although even if he did buy into it, if it results in Antetokounmpo leaving, that's small consolation for the Bucks.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Possible next step is draft Obi Toppin from Dayton, he's a PF moving up the draft board , he's Killin it in the tournament right now and gets another big showcase game against Kansas today

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Possible next step is draft Obi Toppin from Dayton, he's a PF moving up the draft board , he's Killin it in the tournament right now and gets another big showcase game against Kansas today

is it March already?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya especially if he keeps playing like this , but it's early so you never know he may end up being a 10-20 pick

From what I've seen of him I'd have to think that whatever reason caused him to drop out of the lottery would likely be a reason to temper our interest too. He's legit, to drop like that would probably require a significant injury or maybe something off court.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What about Vernon Carey Jr? Could give PHX a twin towers of their own and slide Ayton to PF where he prefers to play. Jalen Smith of Maryland has improved from his freshman year, he and Carey at this point look to be in PHX current draft range.