Currently ranked 9th in offensive DVOA

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yea, at this point, I think we should aim hard for Epenesa. As much as I love Jeudy & Lamb, I think BPA defensive player is the way to go. We can still get a slightly poor mans Jeudy in the 2nd round named Tyler Johnson.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
weren't we last in 2018? or close to it? this is incredible growth in year 1 of K1 K2. We still need a #1 type WR. Lamb and Murray reunited would be sweet

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
weren't we last in 2018? or close to it? this is incredible growth in year 1 of K1 K2. We still need a #1 type WR. Lamb and Murray reunited would be sweet
2018 offense was historically bad & Cardinals ended up as 3rd worst offense in DVOA history

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yea, at this point, I think we should aim hard for Epenesa. As much as I love Jeudy & Lamb, I think BPA defensive player is the way to go. We can still get a slightly poor mans Jeudy in the 2nd round named Tyler Johnson.
Why not trade up to get a WR at the end of round 1?

I like Murphy but I wish we traded up for Hollywood Brown last draft.

He's another small guy, but I'd like Henry Ruggs.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

OL or defense seem to be the direction at this point. I'm not saying our skill position players don't need upgrading, but I do think they are proving to be "good enough" to hold us over so we can address more pressing needs.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything depend on free agency
We need a top free agent offensive lineman and a dt
If they do it they can go best player available

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Kirk is stepping up a bit. I'd agree 100% if Isabella starts to show more.

I'd love for the Cardinals to find a mid level chain mover if FA, but that isnt even really much of a priority.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I'd love for the Cardinals to find a mid level chain mover if FA, but that isnt even really much of a priority.
Hopefully Johnson can be that guy and Butler can be another deep threat. As much as I would like to get our hands on a top tier receiver I think we are looking alright there for the future.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hopefully Johnson can be that guy and Butler can be another deep threat. As much as I would like to get our hands on a top tier receiver I think we are looking alright there for the future.

What we have seen the past few weeks has been eye opening. The Cardinals are forced to throw so much at stopping the run that they are leaving receivers running open all if the time. A good coach like Shanahan can easily scheme against this all day long.

The Cardinals desperately need a good 5 tech. Peters is a good NT, but they have no other starting caliber lineman right now.

I'd consider Isaiah Simmons though. He would help against the run, cover, and rush the passer from the ILB spot. He can legitimately run with RBs, he has blazing speed.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Isabella was disappointing against the Niners. He failed to note a blitz and should have been expecting a hot read, quick throw. He never turned around and Murray’s back shoulder throw was wasted. You could see Murray wasn’t pleased.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Isabella was disappointing against the Niners. He failed to note a blitz and should have been expecting a hot read, quick throw. He never turned around and Murray’s back shoulder throw was wasted. You could see Murray wasn’t pleased.

Supposedly this is the main reason he isn't playing much. Hasn't learned route adjustments quick enough.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Watching him the other day.....man

Looked dare I say...Anquan esque?

I have a bias towards offense so I favor him over Murphy right now if we had a do-over.

LOL Boldin is literally the guy I compared him to predraft.

I think that it's harder to find a competent corner than a competent receiver.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he also was the 12th man on the play where we got 12 men on the field you could actually hear the bench yelling Andy get off and unfortunately the refs heard it too and realized we'd had 12 in the huddle and called the penalty.

Step back for him but he is definitely improving.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching him the other day.....man

Looked dare I say...Anquan esque?

I have a bias towards offense so I favor him over Murphy right now if we had a do-over.

Yeah a few guys had him pegged as Anquan lite. Really good player, he's going to be a really good player, I was surprised he went where he did he ran a 4.48 at the combine and everyone after it said he was one of the kids who really helped himself.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Need defense pls

It is getting hard to argue despite having a very flawed offensive roster. One thing to keep in mind is that FA is strong in the defensive personnel groups so we may choose to spend money on the defense and draft the offense.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are 30th in defensive DVOA, down from 17 last year.

The decline is as real as it feels :)

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So according to this metric we definitely need to work on the D (but we already knew that?).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose