Just when you thought Cards @ +10 was a lock

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scoop and score. They will break your heart in oh so many ways.

The line on Sunday's 49ers-Cardinals game closed with the Cards getting 10 points. Those who took Arizona with that number were probably feeling quite good for most of the game, especially when the Cardinals managed to take a 26-23 lead with six-and-a-half minutes left to go in the fourth quarter.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And if New York would have given the last play a proper review, they would have seen that Cole, or someone at the bottom of that pile was down by contact.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if New York would have given the last play a proper review, they would have seen that Cole, or someone at the bottom of that pile was down by contact.
Doesn't matter ... money exchanged hands.

You must be registered for see images attach

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The books that took the +10 action got the parlays on both sides pushed.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Everything pushed so it wasn’t so bad imagine if they kicked the extra point and won by 11. People would have lost their minds. It happens all the time especially in college sports. Same play happened in the Stanford northwestern game that cost people lots of money. I had cardinals ML before the first TD at + money sucks they couldn’t hold on. I knew they were gonna lose the second they tried to run the ball to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What I was getting at it was a bad outcome for books that had the +10 spread, not the bettors.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to make the bet, which makes me happy. He was definitely down by contact though.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
They won't review end of game plays that don't affect the W/L outcome.

Walt Coleman, that old washed up idiot, signaled touchdown when obviously the ball was down by contact around the 20. There were about 4 lineman on each team spooning each other and the ball came flying out backwards by Sweezy.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
What I was getting at it was a bad outcome for books that had the +10 spread, not the bettors.
Everything pushed and the cards got more than 50% of the money it was great for the books. Cards at kickoff received more than 58% of the total money bet on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I saw a frozen replay of it where Sweezy is down on the ground with the ball and #36 on the 49ers is making contact with him. If I understand the rules, and I probably don't, that's supposed to mean Sweezy is down play over, and this was right before he flipped the ball back over his head.

It won't matter but in theory it could impact both the draft and the playoffs since point margin is one of the tiebreakers.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen an angle where Cole had possession of the ball. Cole batted the ball out of the scrum but unless he had it in his firm grip while being touched by a 49er, he wasn't down by contact. Maybe there's an angle that shows this but i haven't seen anything that would be strong enough evidence to overturn the call on replay.

Obviously any last-second desperation hook-and-lateral type play is going to have a very low probability of success, but that play was a complete cluster. I'm not sure who was supposed to be on the left side of the field for Fitz to throw the ball back to, but his target certainly shouldn't have been an O-lineman, DJ Humphries, who failed to catch the off-target throw just gave up on the play and made no effort to recover the live ball.

...dbs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven't seen an angle where Cole had possession of the ball. Cole batted the ball out of the scrum but unless he had it in his firm grip while being touched by a 49er, he wasn't down by contact. Maybe there's an angle that shows this but i haven't seen anything that would be strong enough evidence to overturn the call on replay.

Obviously any last-second desperation hook-and-lateral type play is going to have a very low probability of success, but that play was a complete cluster. I'm not sure who was supposed to be on the left side of the field for Fitz to throw the ball back to, but his target certainly shouldn't have been an O-lineman, DJ Humphries, who failed to catch the off-target throw just gave up on the play and made no effort to recover the live ball.

...dbs
Yeah DJ’s actions there sucked ass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave