K1 shines again

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If by some miracle Chase Young falls to us, I wouldn’t mind finishing around 5-7(which we’ll probably happen anyway) then trade back to 9-12. I think Derrick Brown will be around that range.
This is my biggest fear/hope...trading down is probably going to be the correct move to make this year, but I am terrified of the end result. No confidence even if it may be the right move to make. The middle of round 1 and the top of round 2 has a nice mix of DL / OLB / IOL and WR is super deep.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, Epenesa gives me Calais/Buckner vibes. Wouldn’t be mad at that pick either. Would probably like it more than Derrick Brown, tbh.
I won't be shocked if Epenesa goes the route of Stephon Tuitt and falls to the bottom of round 1 and top of round 2. I don't think he is going to flash like a lot of players in the draft process, but I feel he is a really good fit as a 3-4 DE. He is a guy who I would look to trade up for if he is lingering around on day 2 ala Byron Murphy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We wont be high enough for a trade down IMO. We are probably going to fall directly in "Ed Oliver" territory and then have to pray that Keim selects the right guy. Not many GM's are willing to trade up for a lottery pick.

these next two games out of the bye will be critical. If we win one, we have a top 10 pick locked up IMO. 2 and we will be in the top 10 to 13 range.

Lose both..... not only will the board melt down, but we will be a top 5 or 6 pick IMO. And right in the Jerry Jeudy sweepstakes.

I think we beat Pittsburgh, then lose out. 4.5 wins gives up a 6, 7 or 8 pick this year IMO.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Was waiting for @Crimson Warrior thread

But Kyler posted 84 Raw QBR against the 49ers by far the best against them all season.

Even more impression a 93 Total QBR. Which will be tough to top against that 49ers defense.

Imagine how impressive rating would have been without the Kirk drop and the Kirk PI taking away the Clay TD.

Kyler now has a 63.9 Raw QBR placing him 10th in the league. He now has a 62.9 Total QBR which puts him at 9th in the league.
Kirk drop + Isabella back shoulder. Kyler was balling. Niners had zero answer for him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I won't be shocked if Epenesa goes the route of Stephon Tuitt and falls to the bottom of round 1 and top of round 2. I don't think he is going to flash like a lot of players in the draft process, but I feel he is a really good fit as a 3-4 DE. He is a guy who I would look to trade up for if he is lingering around on day 2 ala Byron Murphy.
Eh, idk man. The league is still hungry for pass rushers & players that can fit in any scheme, & he’s pretty much the consensus best after Chase Young. I have a hard time seeing him drop out of the top 15 let alone the 1st round.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Epanesa seems more 4-3 than 3-4 IMO.

Kinlaw is someone I am zeroing in on.

Young - No shot IMO, probably Giants or Skins
Jeudy - Probably no shot.
Okudah - Maybe.

Lamb
Thomas / Wirfs
Kinlaw

I really wish there was a JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, or Tyron Smith level freak of nature out there.

That looks to be Kinlaw. And we need what he brings. AND he is a Gamecock. Keim loves his Gamecocks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Epanesa seems more 4-3 than 3-4 IMO.

Kinlaw is someone I am zeroing in on.

Young - No shot IMO, probably Giants or Skins
Jeudy - Probably no shot.
Okudah - Maybe.

Lamb
Thomas / Wirfs
Kinlaw

I really wish there was a JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, or Tyron Smith level freak of nature out there.

That looks to be Kinlaw. And we need what he brings. AND he is a Gamecock. Keim loves his Gamecocks.
Epenesa would fit as a 3T & 5T in a 3-4 very nicely.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Why does another person's opinion bother you so much? Do I think he can be great based on what we've seen so far...? Yes I do. I think others around here would agree that he has that potential as well..

I can ask you the same question?Do i think he can be great.....on what I have seen so far? I doubt it.He can be very good but greatness.....time will tell on that.Sure he flashes good skills at times and then he makes rookie mistakes....
That's what I see...so why does that seem to bother you so much ?You have been a Kyler fanboy since the beginning.i prefer to reserve judgement.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can ask you the same question?Do i think he can be great.....on what I have seen so far? I doubt it.He can be very good but greatness.....time will tell on that.Sure he flashes good skills at times and then he makes rookie mistakes....
That's what I see...so why does that seem to bother you so much ?You have been a Kyler fanboy since the beginning.i prefer to reserve judgement.
Maybe because he is a rookie?:?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still getting irked. Lol. I'm glad you have your opinion of him.. it's yours.. I don't wanna change it. All I'm saying is that we all have our opinions and we don't need to go around getting all bent out of shape about someone expressing them...but as always when it comes to this subject, we can agree to disagree.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

What is this based on? I haven't noticed a lot of South Carolina players drafted by us since he took over.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

According to the preseason hype machine Km was supposed to be unsackable due to his amazing pocket awareness,transcendent due to his awesome amazing skills,etc…….yadda yadda yadda.Has he lived up to being the top pick in the draft? I don`t know.. but due to the hype more was expected.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

According to the preseason hype machine Km was supposed to be unsackable due to his amazing pocket awareness,transcendent due to his awesome amazing skills,etc…….yadda yadda yadda.Has he lived up to being the top pick in the draft? I don`t know.. but due to the hype more was expected.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Still getting irked. Lol. I'm glad you have your opinion of him.. it's yours.. I don't wanna change it. All I'm saying is that we all have our opinions and we don't need to go around getting all bent out of shape about someone expressing them...but as always when it comes to this subject, we can agree to disagree.
No problemo:cheers:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Idk man seems like your beef is with team Murray more than Murray himself.
If that is the case I will excuse myself from this conversation.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Despite the fact he never drafted one

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk man seems like your beef is with team Murray more than Murray himself.
If that is the case I will excuse myself from this conversation.
I mean.. shouldn't we all be team Murray at this point ?! Haha. But bw has his perceptions and we have ours.. it's all good imo.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No it's not all good
There is nothing worse then people not admitting a mistake
It looks more like they truly want him to fail instead of saying I was wrong
For sure bw52 is more coherent in his action then Solar

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What is this based on? I haven't noticed a lot of South Carolina players drafted by us since he took over.

Despite the fact he never drafted one

I think I have the Carolina's mixed up. Steve went to NC State and talked about it during the Cooper pick.

Then there is Adub.

Also... Wilks told this weird story about meeting Keim on a beach in the Carolinas and walking up to him.

I'll just call it a Carolina thing. there seems to be this synergy between him and that area of the country.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I have the Carolina's mixed up. Steve went to NC State and talked about it during the Cooper pick.

Then there is Adub.

Also... Wilks told this weird story about meeting Keim on a beach in the Carolinas and walking up to him.

I'll just call it a Carolina thing. there seems to be this synergy between him and that area of the country.

He never drafted some one from his old college

If the sinergy with Carolina has brought here Cooper and Wilks this organization should have to remove the Carolina from their map

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose