No pass rush

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This defense has many problems, but the lack of a pass rush just kills us. Double team CJ & we can't even get close to the QB. JG looks to have concrete feet & we still couldn't get to him. He gets rid of the ball quickly on most passes but even when he held onto it we couldn't get to him. LB'ers can't cover anyone either, especially a FB or TE which magnifies the problem. We need players badly on the DL. Philon would've helped but he likes to point guns at strippers. Still can't get over that, especially after seeing how bad the DL looked today. What the heck are these guys thinking when they go out to clubs?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn’t hear Suggs name called once today. He needs to retire
Yeah.. he can move his ass along. After hearing his bro Bart Scott give him up about coming here and stealing our cash, he's dead to me. Lol. This is also just another indictment on keim and the operation they are running around here and how the league/players view em. Imo

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah.. he can move his ass along. After hearing his bro Bart Scott give him up about coming here and stealing our cash, he's dead to me. Lol. This is also just another indictment on keim and the operation they are running around here and how the league/players view em. Imo
That kind of made me mad also. It looks as if he isn't trying out there (think DJ on defense)? Don't remember his name being called today for anything? That's how little effect he had on the game today.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That kind of made me mad also. It looks as if he isn't trying out there (think DJ on defense)? Don't remember his name being called today for anything? That's how little effect he had on the game today.
He came home to be back with his momma and eat that home cookin... Would at least thought his veteran presence would have lit a fire under some asses so far, but apparently not.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The box score says we got 2 sacks and 7 QB hits. SF had 4 sacks off 4 QB hits on us. I wouldn't say there was no pass rush on our side. Seahawks had 10 hits and 5 sacks on Jimmy but that was a OT game. Rams managed 6 hits for 2 sacks.

They can't get home regularly with a 4 man rush and they already have enough problems in the pass game that bringing 5 just opens them up on that further. But really that doesn't even matter so much when the coverage allows for plays to develop quickly. Whether we are getting picked apart because our scheme is too easy to decipher or because we don't have enough talent to execute it properly I'm not entirely sure. But unless you are playing a really bad team there is going to be give and take somewhere.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The box score says we got 2 sacks and 7 QB hits. SF had 4 sacks off 4 QB hits on us. I wouldn't say there was no pass rush on our side. Seahawks had 10 hits and 5 sacks on Jimmy but that was a OT game. Rams managed 6 hits for 2 sacks.

They can't get home regularly with a 4 man rush and they already have enough problems in the pass game that bringing 5 just opens them up on that further. But really that doesn't even matter so much when the coverage allows for plays to develop quickly. Whether we are getting picked apart because our scheme is too easy to decipher or because we don't have enough talent to execute it properly I'm not entirely sure. But unless you are playing a really bad team there is going to be give and take somewhere.
The box score can say whatever it wants, we got hardly any pressure imo without blitzing, it's like that most all games with this DL. KM would've been sacked even more if he didn't have elite speed, he was running for his life back there today on a whole lot of plays. JG had too much time to throw, threw for around 430 yds against us today, that's insane. Our DL doesn't get enough pressure so VJ has to blitz, further exposing the LBers & DB'S that can't cover. We need a disruptive DT that can be a pocket buster & an elite edge rusher to help CJ out. We need alot on this defense but it all starts up front.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol cards should somehow trade to num one pic get that de from ohio state!!!
It would cost a lot. This is going to be a QB heavy draft, problem is, the teams picking at the top all have their QB except for the Bengals & Dolphins. Jets, Redskins & Falcons all will be drafting players like Chase Young & Andrew Thomas because they don't need a QB. It would cost us at least 2 first round picks & maybe a 2nd to move up & take CY.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson