Hard to win.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Run the ball and stop the run and you will win.... nope. We did that.

Win time of possession....nope. We did that.

Win the turnover battle....nope. We tied in that category.

I’m happy we have now become a scrappy competitive team. I believe we are on the right track. I just have to keep reminding myself about the total ineptitude of last year to carry me through these tough losses.

There are a lot of “ good “ teams out there that are sucking. Teams that were expected to make a lot of noise this year. The Bears, Falcons, Chargers, and Steelers to name a few. Then there were teams that were predicted to improve like the Jets, Bucs, and the Browns which have been pretty bad.

It’s tough to win in this league even when you have 90% of the prices in place. Improvements this year in no way gaurantees success next year.

Sorry...just trying to lick my wounds from today’s loss.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler is playing very well for a rookie. But sadly unless he takes the next step (couple) to MVP level I see the same thing happening next year.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kyler is playing very well for a rookie. But sadly unless he takes the next step (couple) to MVP level I see the same thing happening next year.

Agreed. We’re so bad in the trenches that we might sneak out some wins we couldn’t this year but nothing significant in terms of improvement. We need to build the core of the roster so Kyler has a contending team around him when he hits his prime.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmy G with 454 yards and 4 TDs is why, our D is mostly non existent
Opposite QBs against us this season has a qb rating around 120
Every game we make them look all pro even if they suck
Yesterday their fullback had his career day
We make them having memorable days

Reactions: PJ1

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we had a defense that was just middle of the pack what would our record be. Kyler is doing fine

Reactions: PJ1

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we had a defense that was just middle of the pack what would our record be. Kyler is doing fine

Obviously we can't rely on defense
Thats why we need a more aggressive playcalling when we are ahead ih the score
This the only thing I blame Kk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Run the ball and stop the run and you will win.... nope. We did that.

Win time of possession....nope. We did that.

Win the turnover battle....nope. We tied in that category.

Sorry...just trying to lick my wounds from today’s loss.

I'm willing to say that we won the turnover battle as well. Review that last play and Cole would be considered down by contact. What a joke.

Glad I didn't have money on the spread. That would have been tough to swallow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We had five plays all day that we over 10 yards. Two which exceeded 20. Tough to win without threatening a defense. Particularly when your defense has holes akin to the Grand Canyon.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The future is bright! The present is incredibly frustrating. Especially frustrating is the multiple jump the count offside penalties by the defense in every single game. Can't that be coached out of them? Look at the ball!!

A draft pick in the 8 to 15 range should yield some O-line and defense help and I want TE Austin Hooper in free agency.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The future is bright! The present is incredibly frustrating. Especially frustrating is the multiple jump the count offside penalties by the defense in every single game. Can't that be coached out of them? Look at the ball!!

A draft pick in the 8 to 15 range should yield some O-line and defense help and I want TE Austin Hooper in free agency.

I was losing it on the offside penalties. The two in a row had me going insane.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had five plays all day that we over 10 yards. Two which exceeded 20. Tough to win without threatening a defense. Particularly when your defense has holes akin to the Grand Canyon.
I get it but we were moving the ball and controlling time of possession keeping their offense off the field. Kind of what this defense needs.

the long pass to Kirk was interference and don’t show up in stats and the one Kirk dropped...well he might still be running had he caught it. Both would have enhanced the stat sheet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose