K1 shines again

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Despite another disappointing loss, at least it's nice to have a young franchise QB in Arizona.

Although it does appear that the losses are starting to get to him a bit.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The ball is now in SK's court to build a team around this young star. Can he do it? I sure hope so.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The most promising young QB in the league yet to be hurt because of bad coaching (Mahomes and Watson). Protect the man and protect the nest. Franchise tag DJ Humphries and get Kyler Murray a possession receiver in round 2 or 3 after addressing inside linebacker. Kyler Murray is the second most powerful person in the franchise behind Michael Bidwill. One wonders how much Kyler Murray played into David Johnson being completely defrocked today.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting that I was literally halfway through computing the stats myself because I was pretty sure Kyler had far exceeded basically everyone else against the 49ers. To be fair the best QB's they've played against this year beyond Kyler are Wilson and Goff they just haven't had to play against many good proven QB's, Winston, Dalton, Rudolph, Mayfield, Goff, Keenum, Allen, Murray, Wilson, Murray.

We have a ton of needs but you give Kyler a legit #1 WR and a better defense and we've got something for the future.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thanks for posting that I was literally halfway through computing the stats myself because I was pretty sure Kyler had far exceeded basically everyone else against the 49ers. To be fair the best QB's they've played against this year beyond Kyler are Wilson and Goff they just haven't had to play against many good proven QB's, Winston, Dalton, Rudolph, Mayfield, Goff, Keenum, Allen, Murray, Wilson, Murray.

We have a ton of needs but you give Kyler a legit #1 WR and a better defense and we've got something for the future.

Jerry Jeudy

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind even those numbers are misleading it doesn't have the 65 yards rushing and a TD and it doesn't have the PI yards on the long throw to Kirk.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Defense is the priority with a tweak or two to the offense. DL, Fast coverage LBs and pass rusher to take Suggs spot and also that CJ will be another year older. Offense, Big fast WR and OL. If DJ is done, drake needs to be resigned.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He was solid and didn’t turn it over. I’m excited about how much room for improvement he has... He’s still prone to taking a bad sack and not stepping up to avoid pressure but that comes with starting one year in college and being thrown on to a bad team with a rookie HC. I don’t doubt he’ll be a star but lots of star QB’s have wasted a lot of seasons because of factors out of their control. The latter is my biggest concern.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Defense is the priority with a tweak or two to the offense. DL, Fast coverage LBs and pass rusher to take Suggs spot and also that CJ will be another year older. Offense, Big fast WR and OL. If DJ is done, drake needs to be resigned.
Lots to pay for there. You're looking at least 7-8 additions or re-signed players to be starters alone.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots to pay for there. You're looking at least 7-8 additions or re-signed players to be starters alone.
Possibly, we have the cap space to do some key upgrades next year. Now how much dead money Keim will add up is a concern. We are close, just fix 3-4 spots we could take that jump

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Possibly, we have the cap space to do some key upgrades next year. Now how much dead money Keim will add up is a concern. We are close, just fix 3-4 spots we could take that jump
I'm just saying, if you get a chance, go to a site like Spotrac and get an idea of how many of these positions we need to fill with a warm body/current starter, much less a good starter.

2 OTs
1 C
1 OLB
1-2 DEs

Maybe:
1 WR
1 RB

The replacement needs are scary.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was waiting for @Crimson Warrior thread

But Kyler posted 84 Raw QBR against the 49ers by far the best against them all season.

Even more impressive a 93 Total QBR. Which will be tough to top against that 49ers defense.

Imagine how impressive rating would have been without the Kirk drop and the Kirk PI taking away the Clay TD.

Kyler now has a 63.9 Raw QBR placing him 10th in the league. He now has a 62.9 Total QBR which puts him at 9th in the league.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler could quite literally be the savior to this franchise by demanding greatness around him because of his own greatness that would literally force their hand in the process.. hopefully it wouldn't have to come down to that with MB....But lets hope our owner has the same fire and tenacity as our young qb.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is lining up that way if we go defense. REally good defense value at the top of round 2 as well.
If by some miracle Chase Young falls to us, I wouldn’t mind finishing around 5-7(which we’ll probably happen anyway) then trade back to 9-12. I think Derrick Brown will be around that range.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Kyler could quite literally be the savior to this franchise by demanding greatness around him because of his own greatness that would literally force their hand in the process.. hopefully it wouldn't have to come down to that with MB....But lets hope our owner has the same fire and tenacity as our young qb.

Greatness...LMAO.Really? talk about hyperbole..Sure he has flashed damn good talent at times ..but greatness..? Get real.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just saying, if you get a chance, go to a site like Spotrac and get an idea of how many of these positions we need to fill with a warm body/current starter, much less a good starter.

2 OTs
1 C
1 OLB
1-2 DEs

Maybe:
1 WR
1 RB

The replacement needs are scary.

Yeah, while they all could be upgraded, I do not think there is an urgent need for OT's, C, or DE. Those guys are not the ones causing the team to lose.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, while they all could be upgraded, I do not think there is an urgent need for OT's, C, or DE. Those guys are not the ones causing to lose.
...we don't have any on our roster in 2020.

3/5 OL starters are not under contract. No starting DE, unless you're really counting on Zach Allen or Dogbe.

Regardless of whoever is playing there today, someone needs to be paid to start.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is lining up that way if we go defense. REally good defense value at the top of round 2 as well.
Also, Epenesa gives me Calais/Buckner vibes. Wouldn’t be mad at that pick either. Would probably like it more than Derrick Brown, tbh.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greatness...LMAO.Really? talk about hyperbole..Sure he has flashed damn good talent at times ..but greatness..? Get real.
Why does another person's opinion bother you so much? Do I think he can be great based on what we've seen so far...? Yes I do. I think others around here would agree that he has that potential as well..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose