Nick Bosa vs DJ Humphries

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Something lost in this game today was how well DJ Humphries played again against Nick Bosa and SF. Bosa in his 2 career games vs us has 3 total tackles and one for a loss, which came today on a sweep where he was left unblocked intentionally. DJ leads the NFL in penalties this year, but I think has played exceptionally well. I’m hoping he gets a second contract and continues to stay healthy. He’s young and pairing him with Kyler for the next 10 years would be outstanding.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Something lost in this game today was how well DJ Humphries played again against Nick Bosa and SF. Bosa in his 2 career games vs us has 3 total tackles and one for a loss, which came today on a sweep where he was left unblocked intentionally. DJ leads the NFL in penalties this year, but I think has played exceptionally well. I’m hoping he gets a second contract and continues to stay healthy. He’s young and pairing him with Kyler for the next 10 years would be outstanding.
I agree that we should keep DJ. He is better than our other options.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoah there.

Wasn't the Cardinal blocker who allowed the late-game sack of Murray - #74?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
DJ is going to get paid, besides Costanzo he may be the highest paid OL this FA. No clue how much Keim is willing to dish out to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man... That is awesome. Larry doesn't like plowing dudes over either in general imo... But it looked like he had no issues with that one! Haha.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Just franchise him.

Bingo! You have the most promising young QB in the league and you need to protect him. Look at what happened to Tua yesterday and the leftovers that the Dolphins and Bengals are left with (Justin Herbert). A Kyler Murray type player isn’t walking through our door again anytime soon. Pay the money to protect the man.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

as a receiver, that’s one of the funnest things to do. I’m 71” and played at 195#’s. This is text book fun- chip the end (which Larry plowed him) and sneak in behind the LB’s on a cross.

Larry has a big body. Makes it look easy

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You’re talking $16 mil for one year and pissing the guy off so maybe he doesn’t sign long term. I don’t find that to be enticing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not ideal. But if we don't franchise him, and we don't pay him... who plays left tackle for our dynamic 1st overall QB? We need to sign at least two OTs. If we get the right guy in the draft, we are only on the hook for one year, or could trade him. Not really anyone else to sign safely as an upgrade.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not ideal. But if we don't franchise him, and we don't pay him... who plays left tackle for our dynamic 1st overall QB? We need to sign at least two OTs. If we get the right guy in the draft, we are only on the hook for one year, or could trade him. Not really anyone else to sign safely as an upgrade.

While I wholeheartedly agree that DJ should be resigned, the franchise tag is an absolute last resort and even then I am not sure I use it on Hump. Meathead has to do everything he can to sign an extension because, if tagged, I believe he holds out thus negating the tag. Meathead has a chance to extend and possibly do so at a bit of a discount during last offseason but he chose to stand pat.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've seen 6 Niner games this year, and obviously I must have missed Bosa's better games... But I've seen nothing about him that makes me wish we picked him 1 overall, and had him rollin with Rosen.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m franchising DJ next year and if he plays well and stays healthy I’m franchising him again. I’m done with these extensions for guys that don’t have a history of being durable. I can take the one year overpay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose