Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 11-17-19

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you think you'd be okay with the exact same record with the exception of a tie at the start of the season?

Well I predicted 5 wins. We are on course for that + or - .5 wins. I wanted games worth watching. I literally did yard work last year over watching the Cardinals. The floor is so crazy low that yes I appreciate we are competitive

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone expects when a defensive player has a chance to score, he should just fall on it so it doesn’t hurt someone’s feelings.

Truly didn’t hurt my feelings. Grasping at straws to find anything to motivate the Cardinals. I actually agree with your take:cheers:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I predicted 5 wins. We are on course for that + or - .5 wins. I wanted games worth watching. I literally did yard work last year over watching the Cardinals. The floor is so crazy low that yes I appreciate we are competitive

I think people are really forgetting how bad this team was last year. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This will be the 40th time we've talked about this, but "can't beat anyone but the worst teams" is not competitive. These are barely changed issues from last year. Still no talent.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
This will be the 40th time we've talked about this, but "can't beat anyone but the worst teams" is not competitive. These are barely changed issues from last year. Still no talent.

Well we probably have as many points scored and yards of offense this year as the entire season last year.

But our defense is still as bad, or worse than last year

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I can't get the drop by Kirk on third down out of my mind.

Why is the Sun killing us each week?

How about K1 hitting Kirk in the head twice in the first half? That kid is so special.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well we probably have as many points scored and yards of offense this year as the entire season last year.

But our defense is still as bad, or worse than last year
I think it's worse. If KM was our QB with KK at OC, I could excuse a lot.

Edit: The offense is clearly improved.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't get the drop by Kirk on third down out of my mind.

Why is the Sun killing us each week?

How about K1 hitting Kirk in the head twice in the first half? That kid is so special.
The first one, hadn’t Kirk been pushed before the ball got there, would have dropped right into kirks arms for a catch and maybe a TD. For a rookie I couldn’t be happier with his performance this season.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I think it's worse. If KM was our QB with KK at OC, I could excuse a lot.

Edit: The offense is clearly improved.

I haven’t looked up stats but my gut tells me that the defense spent more time on the field last year so our defense is giving up yards/points faster than last year. Defense clearly worse. Do stats back my gut up?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The call to blitz with our best pash rusher covering a RB at that point in the game was pathetic. I don’t mind the blitz but you can’t leave the middle wide open. You are almost conceding the Fg and go into OT, you CANNOT allow a TD. The clock is on our side keep everything in front. Rodney Harrison said he and Dungy looked at each other like why would you do that in that situation.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I haven’t looked up stats but my gut tells me that the defense spent more time on the field last year so our defense is giving up yards/points faster than last year. Defense clearly worse. Do stats back my gut up?
3:12 this year to 2:54 last year (per possession, and from Football Outsiders, assuming I'm looking at the stats right).

2.52 points per drive this year. 2.16 last year.

There isn't a wild difference, but it is worse. Which is pretty rough considering we weren't very good last year.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
3:12 this year to 2:54 last year (per possession, and from Football Outsiders, assuming I'm looking at the stats right).

2.52 points per drive this year. 2.16 last year.

There isn't a wild difference, but it is worse. Which is pretty rough considering we weren't very good last year.

Hope chase young declares and falls to us. Oh, and we hire a great DC

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Redskins will be all over this guy IMO. Haskins gets next year IMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose