1st Year Coach - Not so bad

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For a first year HC and teaching a new system on O and D I gotta say I'm impressed

Teams get a ton better year 2 under the same system

While I'd like to see more W's my guess is next year they'll improve leaps and bounds

The problem they face is Seattle, SF and the Rams are very good teams...there are no cupcakes

Anyone who's been a fan of the NFL for awhile knows that anytime a team gets a new HC, DC or OC that area struggles for awhile...it's a learning curve.

Raise a glass to a much better season than last

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I hope the best for him, but nothing in his history indicates he's got the capability to win.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope the best for him, but nothing in his history indicates he's got the capability to win.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
The reason his teams didn't win at TT as much is because of the same problem he's having now, his defenses weren't good at all. SK realized this when they hired him & tried to get him a DC that was a big name so that KK could just worry mainly about calling plays. We just don't have enough talent on the defensive side of the ball right now, so it hasn't went as planned. Hopefully that changes next season? His TT offenses were always in the top 10-15 range & sometimes better. They could score a $#/+ ton of points but couldn't stop anyone. He couldn't get the defensive talent to come to TT. It was hard to recruit the defensive leftovers in the state of Texas, after Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU & all the other big football schools got who they wanted. That's exactly what he was left with, leftovers for defense. One of his best defensive players during his time there was Pete Robertson if that tells you anything & he only made our practice squad. Recently activated to our 53 man roster but you get the point. Offensive players wanted to come there & play in his high octane offense. He will be fine here & we will eventually get this thing rolling, I have faith.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ha! What the Cardinals did this year was about as far away of “ same thing” one could get.

There is 1. blind faith, 2. optimism, 3. skepticism and 4. pessimism. I’m going to rank you about a 3.5.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ha! What the Cardinals did this year was about as far away of “ same thing” one could get.

There is 1. blind faith, 2. optimism, 3. skepticism and 4. pessimism. I’m going to rank you about a 3.5.
Yeah, they did something different than “same thing,” but they’re expecting that head coach to do something different than his “same thing.”

The reason his teams didn't win at TT as much is because of the same problem he's having now, his defenses weren't good at all. SK realized this when they hired him & tried to get him a DC that was a big name so that KK could just worry mainly about calling plays. We just don't have enough talent on the defensive side of the ball right now, so it hasn't went as planned. Hopefully that changes next season? His TT offenses were always in the top 10-15 range & sometimes better. They could score a $#/+ ton of points but couldn't stop anyone. He couldn't get the defensive talent to come to TT. It was hard to recruit the defensive leftovers in the state of Texas, after Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU & all the other big football schools got who they wanted. That's exactly what he was left with, leftovers for defense. One of his best defensive players during his time there was Pete Robertson if that tells you anything & he only made our practice squad. Recently activated to our 53 man roster but you get the point. Offensive players wanted to come there & play in his high octane offense. He will be fine here & we will eventually get this thing rolling, I have faith.
That’s the point though. This is all about blind hope and faith that things will be different, not any evidence that it will be.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a first year HC and teaching a new system on O and D I gotta say I'm impressed

Teams get a ton better year 2 under the same system

While I'd like to see more W's my guess is next year they'll improve leaps and bounds

The problem they face is Seattle, SF and the Rams are very good teams...there are no cupcakes

Anyone who's been a fan of the NFL for awhile knows that anytime a team gets a new HC, DC or OC that area struggles for awhile...it's a learning curve.

Raise a glass to a much better season than last
You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, they did something different than “same thing,” but they’re expecting that head coach to do something different than his “same thing.”

That’s the point though. This is all about blind hope and faith that things will be different, not any evidence that it will be.
Well it comes down to the defense, as I said in the comment you quoted, the offense scores enough points to win. VJ will get some more talent & 1 more yr to prove he should be the DC for this team.