Fire Joseph right now!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’ve been saying it all year & stick by it!!!

He’s undermanned, but he doesn’t understand situational football.

He’s either too conservative with his soft zones, or asks players to do something they simply aren’t capable of.

That winning TD proves it time to fire his sorry clueless ass!!! Kliff if you want to give your NFL career any chance, you have to change the DC!!!

How in the hell do you have your best pass rusher (perhaps the best in the nfl) trying to cover a speedy RB on an angle route on an all out flat top safety blitz that’s leaves the middle of the field wide open? An almost impossible ask Vance! Impossible

Seriously :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

He’s either too conservative with his soft zones, or asks players to do something they simply aren’t capable of.

That winning TD proves it time to fire his sorry clueless ass!!! Kliff if you want to give your NFL career any chance, you have to change the DC!!!

How in the hell do you have your best pass rusher (perhaps the best in the nfl) trying to cover a speedy RB on an angle route on an all out flat top safety blitz that’s leaves the middle of the field wide open?

Kliff didn't hire him, so he may not have the juice to fire him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Co signed,!!!

Fing what idiot all out blitz on the goaline.... i wouldn't do that in madden

Get your ass out of az vance

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
The only reason I’m not adamant on firing Joseph is that Billy Davis would likely be the interim.
And at 3-7-1 that matters?

Again Joseph asks defenders to do things that are pretty much impossible to do at times, especially in situations where he shouldn’t.

I still remember like 4 weeks ago Joseph asked Reddick to cover the TE on the OPPOSITE side of the field from a OLB position!!! He did it actually twice! It’s almost physically impossible I dont give a damn who it is

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is as much of a leap of faith to keep Vance as it is to fire him at this point. He did the same garbage in Denver, dropping Von Miller into zones in key moments.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never understood how he wound up a defensive coach in the first place. he was a QB and RB in college, and played very little at CB in the NFL for 2 years. Just seems odd that a guy like that winds up a defensive coach I must be missing some point on his resume where it made sense for him to be a defensive coach?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How in the hell do you have your best pass rusher (perhaps the best in the nfl) trying to cover a speedy RB on an angle route on an all out flat top safety blitz that’s leaves the middle of the field wide open? An almost impossible ask Vance! Impossible

I didnt read this but I will.

I just liked based on the title

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The blitz and placing Jones in an unwinnable position is horrendous... even more so when you factor in that Vance should’ve ensured a TD was outbid the equation... Play a defense that would’ve potentially ensured a FG and thus, overtime... But blitzing Baker and leaving the entire middle of the field unprotected??? Why? The 9ers were already in FG range, therefore a sack would’ve accomplished nothing but making the FG a bit longer... Is that really worth the risk you take with that ridiculous blitz???

I have wanted so badly to support Vance... but this is the clincher. He’s gotta go.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only reason I’m not adamant on firing Joseph is that Billy Davis would likely be the interim.
Thats why it has to be keim first..imo firing Vance just creates the scapegoat for the guy who hired him in the first place... But if any of this process is MB involved, We're effed. Lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Co signed,!!!

Fing what idiot all out blitz on the goaline.... i wouldn't do that in madden

Get your ass out of az vance
Todd Bowles did it in that area of the field all the time. It worked quite often, hurrying the QB into a bad throw. We had better players on defense back then & we also had a pass rush, this team has no pass rush. It's high risk high reward. Budda almost got to Jimmy G, just a split second late.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ultimately here are my issues with Vance Joseph.

We let teams beat us is so many different ways because we don't really commit to taking away too many things. We let teams din and dunk us down the field AND we let them have big plays.

Guys don't know what they are doing. And not just scrubs, Byron Murphy still has issues lining up and we constantly have players giving up leverage. We also struggle to play zone because guys don't seem to know where they need to be and are just covering space and not the player entering the zone.

His defense is the worst when it matters the most. Terrible in the red zone and on third down.

We do not have good personnel, but I don't really see us being beat because our guys aren't big enough or strong enough. I keep seeing us get beat because our guys don't know where to go, how to line up,and who to cover. If it is me, he is gone.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Reaction score
Todd Bowles did it in that area of the field all the time. It worked quite often, hurrying the QB into a bad throw. We had better players on defense back then & we also had a pass rush, this team has no pass rush. It's high risk high reward. Budda almost got to Jimmy G, just a split second late.
Ok I’ll play.

Did you ever see Bowles ask Chandler Jones to not rush the passer & cover a RB 1 on 1 in the middle of the field with the game on the line & the opponent by the red zone?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't mind that we blitzed. i mind that we haven't practiced it enough for Chandler Jones to know what leverage to play in it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ok I’ll play.

Did you ever see Bowles ask Chandler Jones to not rush the passer & cover a RB 1 on 1 in the middle of the field with the game on the line & the opponent by the red zone?
Read my response to chopper. I'll tell you what I said. CJ had no business doing anything but rush the QB on that play. Someone commented in your post "Who blitzes at the goal line" or something to that effect. I was just saying that Todd Bowles blitzed in that area of the field all the time.

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there any person on this board whom you'd rather have as DC than V Joseph? There may be one or two brilliant play callers or DC's waiting in the weeds, and not to denegrate anyone's football knowledge,but if it were my money - as of right now, I'd stick with Vance?

Is he perfect? No...no...no...no. Is he kind of a mixed bag? Well probably? Are there areas he could improve? Yeah. Will he learn from his mistakes? Dunno.

Two most glaring mistakes (both sides of the ball): (1) Ignoring little-used SF WR's, TE's and RB's in coverage. (2) Not making late game adjustments or (expecting SF to adjust to what we were doing). Chalk up some of this to lack of a experience.

Is the only way to make our players "smarter" to fire VJ? Or can he grow in the job? To start over each year and fire inexperienced coaches is a giant wheel spin. We should be analyze our strengths and weaknesses and figure out what we need to do to correct them. Firing is only one option.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Is there any person on this board whom you'd rather have as DC than V Joseph? There may be one or two brilliant play callers or DC's waiting in the weeds, and not to denegrate anyone's football knowledge,but if it were my money - as of right now, I'd stick with Vance?

Is he perfect? No...no...no...no. Is he kind of a mixed bag? Well probably? Are there areas he could improve? Yeah. Will he learn from his mistakes? Dunno.

Two most glaring mistakes (both sides of the ball): (1) Ignoring little-used SF WR's, TE's and RB's in coverage. (2) Not making late game adjustments or (expecting SF to adjust to what we were doing). Chalk up some of this to lack of a experience.

Is the only way to make our players "smarter" to fire VJ? Or can he grow in the job? To start over each year and fire inexperienced coaches is a giant wheel spin. We should be analyze our strengths and weaknesses and figure out what we need to do to correct them. Firing is only one option.
You're a great poster in general, but the excuses coming out of the woodwork for a team that is out of contention for a winning record by a week before Thanksgiving are pretty intense.

Last edited: